Start by marking “No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide to Time Productivity and Sanity” as Want to Read:

Tick ... tick ... tick ... can't find enough time? Find out how to use it far more wisely by the man who successfully run multiple business ventures simultaneously. Dan Kennedy has been called the "Professor of Harsh Reality" because he doesn't deal in glib, pabulum solutions and eye-rolling cliches you've heard incessantly on time management. He takes on the world of cell ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Entrepreneur Press (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs

Phil Newman
Jan 04, 2011 Phil Newman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I read an older edition, but save time with a fax machine? Really? My clients would laugh if I asked them to fax me. The author also recommends other great time savers such as taking limos instead of cabs and flying first class. Overall, I'm glad I didn't waste more time with this book. If you want to read about personal organization and tme management, read 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen!
Peter
“No Holds Barred,” indeed—this is no idealistic Sermon on the Mount, this is a Practical Guide!

The advice begins with instructions on how to determine what your time is worth. It’s a simple calculation, based on how much money you wish to make. The more money you wish to make, the more your time is worth. From there, it is only a tiny logical step to rage against “time vampires,” those nitwits who constantly bother you [i.e., him] with niggling questions. You must rid yourself of these horrible
Nicholas
Oct 22, 2010 Nicholas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bill Brown
Oct 15, 2013 Bill Brown rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ipad
There were some good tips in here (limit meetings, aggressively guard time) but ultimately it came across as a description of an idiosyncratic system. The second edition does make some concessions to the modern era.
Patrick Riddle
Jun 09, 2008 Patrick Riddle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is in a league of its own. Dan Kennedy is here to slap you in the face so that you start respecting time, both your own and other peoples.

This one isn't like other books you've read on time management. BUY THIS BOOK! It will forever change the way you view time.
Eliot Burdett
Mar 23, 2013 Eliot Burdett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you own a business this will make you laugh out loud and roll your eyes at the same time.
Mark Manderson
Dec 09, 2016 Mark Manderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some great nuggets. Biggest takeaways:
Quantify and control your time.
Ask yourself is what I'm doing worth $(hourly wage) an hour to do it? This puts a meter on others consumption of your time and you can view the unnecessary 10 minute phone conversation just cost you $X.
Self discipline is the magic power that makes you virtually unstoppable.
Is what I am doing this minute moving me measurably closer to my goals?
The principle of massive action states to not just use 1 solution to a problem, inste
Christyne Richardson
Straight forward and to the point. Dan Kennedy pulls no punches and tells it like it is.
Deane Louise
Dec 28, 2016 Deane Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Loved the concepts in this book. It wasn't just ideas about how to more efficiently use your time, but also illustrated how some things rob you of time in ways you hadn't imagined. This book clarified so much for me and really brought forth a lot of "ah ha" realizations.
Alain Burrese
Aug 05, 2012 Alain Burrese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success
I've known of Dan Kennedy for a long time, but I'd never read any of his books. "No B.S. Time Management For Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide To Time Productivity and Sanity" by Dan Kennedy is the first of his books I've read, and it won't be the last. I enjoyed his direct, no nonsense, approach to productivity aimed at entrepreneurs. While Kennedy is more known for his marketing instruction, he is also extremely productive and has made considerable w ...more
Waseem
Sep 25, 2014 Waseem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great by Dan Kennedy in his traditional NO BS!..method of teaching.
And this time, its a time management book from a REAL entrepreneur and multiple business owner who must juggle countless responsibilities from business to people - vs the usual crap written out there which of 95% is just authors 'theorising' what good time management they imagine would be like...

...because really as Dan Kennedy discusses, it goes way beyond just making up a to do list, and scheduling your day (typical stu
Tami
Apr 14, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How much of your day is actually spent in productive work? Not the time you spend in your office staring at the computer screen, on the phone, checking your email, or dealing with the umpteenth question from that employee that always seems to need just another minute of your time. Productive time is the time you are actually earning money by directly working on a project.

No BS Time Management for Entrepreneurs explains that it's those little irritants and side tasks that only take a few minutes
Daniel Taylor
Dec 26, 2010 Daniel Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Entrepreneurs, salespeople
What makes Dan Kennedy's advice on time management so compelling is his personal output. Each month he churns out several niche newsletters, and he usually has at least one book a year. Most interesting, he does these things on his terms.

As this book is time management for entrepreneurs, the first thing he does is gets you to work out your true worth per hour. This figure is different than what you find in other books because Kennedy knows that no one works eight productive hours in a day. From
Malek J.
Jun 01, 2014 Malek J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I've learned a lot from it how to win more time in our time wasting life pattern !
I encourage any person who think his time has a value to read this book, especially for Entrepreneurs because they own all of their time, no one managing them and usually they don't have time limits or a manager who is following them if they are late or not !!
There is truly an amazing tips !
I liked many tips like Mr. Meeting person, or the part of firing your self from your own work ! I felt really sati
John Allington
Aug 30, 2015 John Allington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got a lot from this book, certainly enough to persuade me to read more from Dan Kennedy.
This book is full of ideas with clear instructions on implementation and whilst I have no intention of adopting all of them, several of them have already made a positive difference to my daily routine.
The only negatives for me (apart from the authors total lack of social conscience and contempt for poor people) is the usual padding found in most business books in order for it to reach the perceived necessar
Mark
Jan 02, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading different books, newsletters and products from Dan Kennedy for a very long time. He has a direct approach that appeals to me. His advice isn't earth shaking, but it is done with such credibility that you know if you follow this advice you'll be the better for it. I've read both editions of this book and the later one, more contemporary, includes strategies that last. A good motivator for the new year and getting back on track.
Michael J.
Dec 12, 2011 Michael J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-10
Minutes Matter! This is a phenomenal book on time management - probably the #2 biggest challenge for entrepreneurs, small business owners, and salespeople (#1 is mindset). The only reason somebody would rate this lower is because Dan is such a polarizing figure. Regardless of how strong Dan comes across, this book tells it like it is and is instructional in making us more focused, more efficient, and more productive. Must-read.
Bill
Jan 20, 2014 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A quick, thought provoking book. While I can't see that many people are in a position implement all of Kennedy's strategies, it certainly made me look hard at how I was managing my time. I was reminded of several strategies I've used in the past, and picked up some new ones to try out. Worth the time.
Stan Horst
Dec 17, 2014 Stan Horst rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
In this book, Dan applies his typical unusual perspective, his tell-it-like-it-is attitude, and his deep insights garnered from working with a myriad of businesses to the subject of time management, itself a misnomer.
Víctor Manuel
Some good, but definitely not groundbreaking tips on time management. I would get a higher rating if it wasn't for the speech of the author, to high on himself, he keeps on demeaning basically anything that hasn't been done by him or his circle of friends.
Jason Galloway
Quick read. I got a few nuggets out of this one. Straight forward writing style...you can pick and choose what to ignore or initiate. Best takeaway was being cognizant of the per hour billing to keep my time focused.
Seth
Dec 30, 2009 Seth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books around for time management. You absolutely must get control of your time and your life if you want to be effective for your customers and this book gives you some tangible tools.
Jason Waldron
Mar 12, 2009 Jason Waldron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to be more efficient. It's geared towards the entrepreneur, but it's really about getting more out of your time, and therefore more out of life. Time's all we have, use it wisely!
Russ
Feb 19, 2016 Russ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a guide book not an instruction manual. The author is a successful copywriter and business consultant. He provides useful insight into time management that can improve anyone's productivity and happiness. It is a solid investment of your time and money.
T
Aug 06, 2008 T is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am one of the worst procrastinators and this book is a kick in your butt, take charge, stop letting the time vampires suck your energy type of book. This guy has no sympathy for people who are acquiescent to other people who need them on a mere whim.
David Van
Jun 02, 2010 David Van rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cahnged the way I do everything!! you must read this book if you are in charge of your own time.... or if you should be!!

david@davidvannoyjr.com
Andrew
Aug 10, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best time management book I've ever read. I actually reread it once or twice a year to make sure I stay on track
Niki Payne
Easy read with some good tips on getting yourself in the mentality of productivity. I've already started to apply some of the principles so lets see how productive I will be now. Ha!
Brian
Sep 18, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-management
Great, no BS approach to time management. Kennedy fiercely protects his time and shows you how to do it too. This is a very practical book.
Michele Connolly
I was looking for a refresher on productivity to start the new year off well - and this was just what I needed.

An easy, motivating read.
  • Life in Half a Second: How to Achieve Success Before It's Too Late
  • Wisdom of the Body Moving: An Introduction to Body-Mind Centering
  • The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer: The Art, Science, and Philosophy of a Bodybuilding Legend
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Adweek Copywriting Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Powerful Advertising and Marketing Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters
  • How to Become a Marketing Superstar: Unexpected Rules That Ring the Cash Register
  • Maximum Muscle, Minimum Fat: The Secret Science Behind Physical Transformation
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • Muscles: Testing and Function, with Posture and Pain: Includes a Bonus Primal Anatomy CD-ROM
  • New Psycho-Cybernetics
  • Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue & Profit in 3 Years or Less
  • Narcissism: Denial of the True Self
  • Developing the Leader Within You / Developing the Leaders Around You (Signature Edition, 2 Best-selling Books in 1 Volume)
  • Primary Greatness: The 12 Levers of Success
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Harvard Business Review on Leadership
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business  (From the author of 'How to Win Friends & Influence People')