Start by marking “Ricordi di mezzanotte” as Want to Read:
Ricordi di mezzanotte

Ricordi di mezzanotte (Midnight #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,923 Ratings  ·  312 Reviews
In 'The Other Side of Midnight', they played the ultimate game of love, lust, and death. Now, in MEMORIES OF MIDNIGHT, the survivors meet to play one last time... Shadowed by tragedy and burdened by amnesia, a beautiful woman desperately tries to return to reality. She is Catherine Douglas, destined to once again challenge the cruel, charismatic power of Constantin Demiris ...more
Published 1998 by Sperling & Kupfer (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Ricordi di mezzanotte, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Anushka
What a painful read this has been!
Everything from the plot to the writing was utterly banal. This book didn't manage to quirk my interest at any point. The whole thing to me seemed blatantly stupid, to be honest.
Characters, along with being hackneyed were also completely unrealistic. Especially, Constantin Dimires who was most ludicrous of all.
I've read 2 Sidney Sheldon books before this and one thing that I've found to be consistent in his novels is the dreadful writing. The language, as alway
Jeremy Bates
Jul 04, 2012 Jeremy Bates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Memories of Midnight (1990) is a sequel to The Other Side of Midnight (1973), what many people consider to be one of his best novels. Memories, however, holds its own mixing revenge, greed, justice, and romance.

I think it's a sign of a good book if, after some ten odd years, you can read it again and remember nearly all of the characters. That's what this one was like for me.

Demiris, the vengeful Greek billionaire; Chotas, the brilliant lawyer; and Catherine, the amnesic who just wants to fall i
Hind
Jul 05, 2012 Hind rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
يمكنني ان اقول عنها ممتعة رغم انها ليست بروعة كتابات سيدني
Deep Shikha
it’s just me or what…That Demiris character from first book of @the otherside of the midnight'; is completely metamorphosed from being a powerful intelligent strategy billionaire to criminal and altogether evil… In this sequel?? urgh..and Madam Catherine alexander as usual cry baby...not sure if m liking this sequel...the first book was way better.
Heena  P.
Jun 01, 2014 Heena P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Benjamin Thomas
Jun 15, 2012 Benjamin Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This is the sequel to The Other Side of Midnight and a worthy sequel all round. While the first was published in 1973, it wasn't until 1990 that this sequel was published. And since the first could have easily stood alone, I feel sure the author bowed to reader and publisher demand to provide a follow-up. Often that scenario ends in disaster for the second book but that's not the case here.

This is basically a book of double-crossing. I mean everybody double and triple crosses everybody else in t
Heena  P.
Jun 01, 2014 Heena P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Memories is a brilliant novel that keeps the juices of one’s mind flowing. It’s an ultimate page-turner. I love Sidney Sheldon’s books but this one is one of his best books. No matter how old the books are, or infact how many times you read them, they really keep you engaged!

This book is the sequel to The Other Side Of Midnight and rotates about Catherine (Larry Douglas’s wife). At the end of the first book she lost her memory and in this book, around a year later, she starts to regain it bit by
Pooja
Aug 15, 2016 Pooja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-phy-copy, ebooks
Big Confession : I have not read the first part of this series The Other Side of The Midnight.
I didn't know about it.

However, the writer has given a brief introduction to every character. See, I didn't even know it is the second part. Didn't touch my mind. So it's okay.
but I'll say that if you want to appreciate this book more then you must go for the first part first!
Vanessa
Aug 13, 2016 Vanessa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to The Other Side of Midnight, written nearly two decades later. And, it's.....aight. Catherine Douglas, who ended the previous book ensconced in a convent in a fugue state, miraculously snaps back to reality. Constantin Demiris, the billionaire who orchestrated the deaths of his cheating girlfriend and Catherine's cheating husband, is informed of her recovery and he decides he'll kill Catherine after he has a little fun with her, if yanno what I mean. A potboiler conspiracy a ...more
Azzahro Wijaya
Jun 02, 2011 Azzahro Wijaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sidney-sheldon
Saya salut sama Sidney Sheldon. Saya salut sama Constantin Demiris. Setiap kali membaca novel karya Sidney Sheldon, saya selalu "ditipu" dengan berbagai cara. di Novel ini Demiris yang tengah dipermainkan oleh rivalnya yang berusaha menjatuhkannya, bersikap seolah-olah ia akan kalah. Namun pada akhirnya ia berhasil memenangkan pertandingan sengit kepada rival-rivalnya.

Noel Page yang berhasil dibunuhnya seakan-akan bangkit dari kubur untuk membalas dendam kepada Constantin Demiris, namun Costa t
Anish
Jun 07, 2016 Anish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea that this book had a prequel until I finished it. This worked pretty much well as a standalone as well. This is my second Sheldon book after Doomsday Conspiracy so I naturally had my expectations high. The first few chapters were intriguing but Catherine Alexander was annoying as she did not have the least interest to know about her past but too desperate for sex. Constantin Demiris was great as the egoistic and arrogant billionaire who wore a charming face as a mask. Other charact ...more
Crystal
Catherine is back and still crying like a baby and dying to fall in love! UGH! Hate that part of the story..

Besides that... This one was entertaining but not as good as the other one.

Demiris is back and ready to hunt down and kill everyone that pisses him off.. This time trying to cover his tracks.

Melina.. she kept me reading it. She was so determined and I like determination. I wanted to find out what she was going to do about her husband, after everything he put her through! and what she did
Sherry
Oct 14, 2011 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tip for anybody wanting to read this book... YOU HAVE TO READ PART ONE FIRST!!! PART ONE IS OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT. YOU NEED TO READ THAT BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS. both of them are GREAT!
people dont like this book because they have not read other side of midnight. both books are outstanding and are a must read for any mystery lover. I was thoroughly gripped by this book.
However... i will give this book a lower rating only because throughout the book Catherine is getting serious with guys she does
Aslı Dağlı
Dec 30, 2014 Aslı Dağlı rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bir ara yanlışlıkla elime almıştım... Çığlık atarak bıraktım!
Σπυροπούλου Άσπα
Aπλά μοναδικός!!
Christa
Nov 05, 2010 Christa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. some of the characters were so stereotypical it made you cringe. This can be read in short chunks of time, which is nice if you only have a few minutes at a time to read. I don't know if I would bother to read another of his books, unless I was really bored. I recommend it to any one that wants to kill time and not have to think too hard.
Pete Allen
So, if anyone figures out that Catherine is alive and not murdered Demiris' whole house of cards come tumbling down. As she regains her memory in that convent where he has immured her he starts to get nervous. So naturally, his strategy to prevent anyone from finding out Catherine isn't quite as dead as generally thought is to a) bring her to his home where everyone, from his estranged wife to the gardener would (or should) recognize her, b) give her a high-profile job (under a fake name--that'l ...more
Adalina
Aug 09, 2014 Adalina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Destroyed the glamour of the first book - The Other Side of Midnight- i felt like its not the same writer !! or maybe when he wrote it he was drunk . i wish i didn't know that there is a sequel.I really regret reading it! the previous book was my favorite and this book was disappointment I was expecting something Completely different.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Memories of Midnight, Sidney Sheldon
عنوان: خاطرات نیمه شب؛ نویسنده: سیدنی شلدون؛ مترجم: کاوه رحیمیان؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، درسا، 1376، در 468 ص، شابک: 9646104118 موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان آمریکایی قرن 20 م
Lucas
Mar 04, 2009 Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow.... i never imagined such a perfect ending. it was great i mean words cant describe it.
Crystal
Feb 07, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best
I guess this book is as adrenaline-pumping-suspenseful as Sidney Sheldon can get. Try it guys! Trust me, you'll keep thinking throughout the entire read - "Is he the killer, is she the culprit? Is she really gonna do this?! Nah! She hasn't got the balls for that! Meh." Next thing you know, the utterly unexpected happens, leaving ur mind totally blown! :D

Either like this

Or... like that!
description

*sniff* :,,,,( U know? After Melina's demise I was crying like anything. Damn these tragic twists!

Plus point
Kimberly Hicks
Mar 09, 2013 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Well, for many years I often wondered what Memories of Midnight would be about, and after having read it, I'm happy to say, it was the perfect ending to an outstanding story.

This novel focused on Catherine Alexander, the character we first met in The Other Side of Midnight. And you will learn more about the great Constantin Demiris. In fact, had it not been for dear old Costa, we wouldn't have had much of a novel.

I felt Sidney did a great job summing up the characters I grew to love in the first
Ola
Jan 07, 2016 Ola rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
الثري اليوناني الذي تجرع مرارة العيش في طفولته مع والده الحمّال أصبح جبروتا لاينسى أن يفتّك بكل من يعادّيه أو يضّر بمصالحه.
يشارك في جرائم راح ضحيتها عدد كبير من الناس بسبب الحقد والانتقام الأسود الذميم الذي يغزو قلبّه ولا يستطيع التخلص منه
وتبقى له الأنثى كاترين الذي يحاول التخلص منها مثل الاشخاص السابقين حيث كاترين مختلفة عن الجميع فهي المرأة التي عانت ويلات الحب وفقدان الذاكرة وصعوبة العيش في بلد غريب عنها
فتبدا القصة المنطوية على عدد من الاشخاص
لماذا نجمة واحدة لهذا العمل؟!
أحب الروايات البول
Darlene Quinn
Nov 22, 2014 Darlene Quinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Sheldon's ability to make the characters pop of the page is strong. He was one of my favorite authors and will continue to be missed by many avid readers. However, he made an error in the ending trial outcome, even by his own interpretation of Greek law.
Zézinha Rosado
Apr 30, 2014 Zézinha Rosado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lido-e-trocado
Por norma não costumo ler livros cuja história já tenha tido início num volume anterior, como é o caso deste, mas esta é daquelas obras que estão tão bem escritas que se torna desnecessário ler o livro anterior, pois o autor facilmente consegue colocar-nos a par dos acontecimentos anteriores.
Há bastante tempo que não lia um livro tão intrigante e carregado de suspense, ao ponto de quase nos fazer roer as unhas e ansiar pelo próximo capítulo.
Uma escrita com um bom desenvolvimento, as personagens
Sruthi
Jul 10, 2016 Sruthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok read. Nothing compared to the brilliance of the man I am used to.

To begin with, the story started very slowly with too much of background information about every single character even those that were completely unimportant.

As it went on, it picked up pace but was pretty predictable (a trait I sometimes do not enjoy in a book).

The storyline has no depth unfortunately but his style of writing and way with words is as amazing as ever.
sanjana
Read this book without realising that it was a sequel. This can be read as a stand alone book too.( Though i did wonder about the character of Larry; will now have to read the other side of midnight to discover that).
Having said that, this book doesnot live up to the reputation of the author. While it starts off interestingly with a girl with a mysterious past, the method by which she remembers her past is not particularly interesting. (she wakes up and then happens to remember a part of her li
Henri Moreaux
Superb!

Memories of Midnight is the sequel to The Other Side of Midnight, written nearly two decades later. The events of this book take place in the late 1940s a little after the finish of Other Side, several main characters carry over - Christine Alexander aka Mrs Larry Douglas, Constantin Demiris the billionaire schemer and his wife Milena, and Napoleon Chotas the savvy lawyer.

I read this cover to cover in one sitting. Whilst not as long as Other Side, the writing is silky smooth, the story a
Sara Saria
Mar 02, 2016 Sara Saria rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
اشعر بااني اقراء رواية من روايات عبير لكن نوع بوليسي رخيص احداث الروايه مبتذله وغير ممتعه ، والترجمه سيئه جدا جدا جدا جدا
Jeanne
Jun 29, 2016 Jeanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Sidney Sheldon . . . and probably NOT my last! I really liked this story, although I did find the beginning a bit confusing getting all the main characters straight. The story unfolded nicely and I absolutely loved the ending! I so enjoy when strong women make sure the men who wronged them are served their justice. 9 out of 10.
  • First Among Equals
  • Landslide
  • A Rose for Virtue
  • Godplayer
  • Random Hearts
Was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist. His TV works spanned a 20-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling novels such as Master of the Gam ...more
More about Sidney Sheldon...

Midnight (2 books)
  • The Other Side of Midnight (Midnight #1)

“Coleridge wrote, "Dreams are no shadows, but the very substances and calamities of my life.” 29 likes
“Surely you’ve been sent from the heavens to teach us mortals what beauty is.” 22 likes