Start by marking “On The Slam: A Bridge Club Mystery” as Want to Read:
On The Slam: A Bridge Club Mystery

On The Slam: A Bridge Club Mystery (Bridge Club Mystery #1)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Meet Emma Diamond: novice bridge player, recent widow, and the kind of person who never leaves her grocery cart sitting willy nilly in the parking lot. And now, after a vile woman in her new neighborhood in Houston is poisoned during a bridge game, Emma has a new identity: amateur detective.
Published May 1st 2007 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about On The Slam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On The Slam

Fanficfan44
I have read the two other series written by Dean James/Miranda James/Honor Hartman and enjoyed every book. I have recommended them to my few cozy reading friends, they were so good. I finally got to this series under the name of Honor Hartman, A Bridge Club Mystery series.

On the Slam is another delightful cozy mystery. I used to play Bridge years ago, along with several other card games, but I don’t know anyone who plays anymore. Reading this quick, fun cozy brought it all back for me. I actuall
Tresa da BookNerdette
Ellen

I finished On The Slam by Honor Hartman aka Dean James. As you might have guessed I really enjoy this authors writings regardless of the nom de plum he uses for any particular series.

This is the 2nd book in this series that I've read and from what I understand there are only two. Too bad I wasn't Honor Hartman's publisher! We would have had many more in this Bridge Club Mystery series.

It seems that as soon as I get into page one...I'm right at home with Emma and Sophie. We are just settling dow
Susan Frank
I loved them both. I used to play bridge and this wanted me to do it again. Murder and cards! What a lot of fun! I was worried I might not like it but no worry! The characters were people I would love to be friends with and the story moved along at a good pace. Unusual and enjoyable I would suggest it to anyone! I've read both and can't wait for there to be another in this series!
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a good murder mystery with the running theme of a bridge club throughout. Emma Diamond, a new widow, moves to live closer to her childhood and lifelong friend. It is a lovely neighborhood and she is happy learning there is a Bridge club group. Until she meets Janet McGreevey, the one that no one seems to like but tolerates due to her position with the Home Owners Association.

Emma is there less than a week, when she is invited to her first bridge game. It is a little tense as Emma is ve
Allison
Although I know next to nothing about bridge I enjoyed this story. I have already read the 2nd book in this series so was slightly familiar with the characters and enjoyed reading about how the ladies all met. Kind of makes me wish I had neighbors who are also friends that could "pop in" and out of my kitchen for coffee and card games. A satisfying mystery with a story that actually kept me guessing til the end.
Dana Gill-Brown
Once again Honor Hartman aka Jimmie Ruth Evans, Dean James,& Miranda James wins me over with a cozy set in the south. This one takes place in Houston and stars Emma a newly widowed lady who has moved to Houston to live next door to her best friend. Within days of being there she meets the head of the HOA and then the head is killed leading Emma and her BFF to try and track down the killer that resides within them.
Dianna
I enjoyed this one; it's set in Houston and involves bridge, which I enjoy. The mystery part was OK.
Julie
This mystery will keep you guessing and reading.
Pam
Mar 11, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
Shelves: texas-mystery
03/10/08 rec via bookmooch
Suzanne
A nice debut!
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Shelley Giusti
Shelley Giusti marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Lori Henrich
Lori Henrich marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥
❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Meaghan
Meaghan marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Krystle Kouture
Krystle Kouture marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Honor Hartman is the pseudonym for a mystery author who has lived in Houston, Texas for over twenty-five years, has two cats and thousands of books, and plays bridge as often as possible.

Series:
* Bridge Club Mystery

Also writes as Dean James, Jimmie Ruth Evans, and Miranda James
More about Honor Hartman...
The Unkindest Cut (A Bridge Club Mystery, #2) The Unkindest Cut