Start by marking “The Namaqualand Book of the Dead” as Want to Read:
The Namaqualand Book of the Dead

The Namaqualand Book of the Dead

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  6 reviews
How far will you travel to lay your dead to rest?Struggling to come to terms with her boyfriend Aidan's death, Chlo is ill prepared to deal with the violent murder of his best friend. When tantalizing evidence suggests there is more to Aidan's apparent death than meets the eye, Chlo will not let her lack of material resources keep her from uncovering the truth, even if the ...more
Published March 21st 2011 by Lyrical Press, Inc (first published March 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Namaqualand Book of the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Namaqualand Book of the Dead

Sonya Clark
This is a darkly romantic and moody take on love and grief and how far a person can be driven by the combination of those two overwhelming emotions. The writing itself is evocative and downright beautiful in places. Chloe is a character that inspires a lot of sympathy and I was torn between wanting to see her find what she wanted or find what was best for her. The South African setting is so fully realized it's almost another character. All in all, a good read that left me wanting more.
Dorothy Shaw
I really enjoyed this story. The descriptions were some of the best I have ever read. Each place the character traveled and spent time was described with impeccable detail. I felt as though I was there walking beside the character the whole time. Chloe is a complex troubled girl, and through her eyes, I fell in love with Aidan. How could I not? What I longed for in the end was more story, more of what happened after...

I won't spoil the ending for the readers, but I want, need to see what happens
Suzanne Rooyen
A very different and interesting read particularly because of the South African setting. I don't know the Namaqualand coastline well at all so visiting these little villages with the MC was delightful and made me quite nostalgic at the mention of familiar things.

This story is definitely more a road-trip story than a typical romance, which was refreshing if not exactly what I was expecting.

The writing is good and I liked the eclectic cast of characters. Hooray for diversity! My biggest gripe how
Carrie Clevenger
The book, as it stands, is lovely. The plot unravels slowly and for awhile you're lulled into the story before a glistening hint of what is to come arrives, shaking your senses. Yes, I'd have loved to see more, but the end is correct, as it is an end, and anything further would warrant a brand new story.
Sheryl Nantus
An excellent read in an exotic land to this Canuck... looking for something different? Consider grabbing this!
Melissa  Bowers
Apr 28, 2011 Melissa Bowers marked it as to-read
Sounds interesting looked up on iBboks for iPad only $3.99
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Ana Gonzalez
Ana Gonzalez marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Diana Cristina
Diana Cristina marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Yvette
Yvette marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Kiana
Kiana marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Mathew
Mathew added it
Feb 27, 2013
Rotar Ozana
Rotar Ozana marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Kira
Kira marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2012
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
Dolce Amore
Dolce Amore marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2012
Maria Kelly
Maria Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
Christel Grady
Christel Grady marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011
G.L. Drummond
G.L. Drummond marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2011
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Angie (Mind Malfunction) marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2011
Ava Riley
Ava Riley marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
Richard Godwin
Richard Godwin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
AnnaM
AnnaM marked it as to-read
May 30, 2011
An editor and multi-published author, Nerine Dorman currently resides in Cape Town, South Africa, with her visual artist husband. Some of the publishers for whom she has edited works include Dark Continents Publishing and eKhaya (an imprint of Random House Struik). Her fiction sales include works to Dark Continents Publishing, Wordsmack, Tor Books, Apex Publishing and Immanion Press. She has been ...more
More about Nerine Dorman...
Inkarna Khepera Rising Hell's Music The Guardian's Wyrd Camdeboo Nights