Start by marking “Your Baby in Pictures: The New Parents' Guide to Photographing Your Baby's First Year” as Want to Read:

Capture the story of your baby’s first year!

The first twelve months of your child’s life are full of precious, fleeting moments, from sleepy newborn yawns to first smiles and wobbly first steps. Why entrust your memories to hastily taken snapshots—or worse yet, none at all? Let professional photographer (and mom) Me Ra Koh help you capture the moments with 40 beautiful “p
Published March 15th 2011 by Amphoto Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Your Baby in Pictures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Baby in Pictures

Becki
Aug 12, 2013 Becki rated it liked it
I have a great camera. It does far more than I know. And with a little one on the way whose every expression and nuance I want to capture, I was looking for something easy to help me towards that goal. This book is it. Step by step how to set the shots, set your camera settings, etc.
Definitely a great gift for new parents who want to catalog their little one's journey.
Sheyla
Oct 06, 2016 Sheyla rated it really liked it
I like her technique, she understands the details that are important for a mom.
Gail
Nov 16, 2011 Gail rated it liked it
I’d be lying if I said reading this book didn’t inspire me on creative ways to capture my own future children. BUT, there’s no news on that front as of now (but thanks to those who’ve been asking ;) haha). Really, picking this up was a quick read for me and a good time to do so as I’m hopeful that I’ll be photographing more babies in 2012 for past clients and dear friends. While I am not a studio specializing in newborn photography, I like the idea of offering intimiate, at home sessions for fri ...more
Misty Dawn Seidel
Jun 01, 2014 Misty Dawn Seidel rated it it was amazing
I've read this book a few times, as I keep going back to certain poses or moments to capture. Each section is based on age (in months), so I'll be reading the 9-12 month section again to refresh my memory in a couple months (oh my gosh... how can it be possible that I'll be reading that section in just a couple months?!?!).
In short - Me Ra Koh is awesome and inspiring. I pretty much want to follow her around for a while... no, not in a stalking sort of way... just in a 'I wanna be just like her'
Barbara Tursan Mišić
Deanna Lack
Feb 07, 2015 Deanna Lack rated it it was amazing
This is a great reference for setting up classic shots with your baby, from birth to 12 months. It has just the right amount of technical information in case you're getting started with a DSLR, but the suggestions in it work great if you're using a point and shoot, too (in fact, she gives separate, very detailed instructions for both). I love the ideas in it, and even though I'm documenting my nephew's first year and not my own child's, I would love to have this on my shelf (borrowed it from the ...more
Erin
Jun 18, 2013 Erin rated it it was amazing
Great book for both novice point-and-shoot photogs and those with some DSLR experience (I'm in the latter camp). Me Ra Koh covers, with great humor and warmth, the basics you should consider when shooting infants: composition, lighting, working with the subject, etc. She also provides ideas for many great photo "moments" that you may want to capture in addition to detailing the technical specifics of how she captured almost every photo in the book.
Melissa
May 13, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: photography
Good tips for getting started with moving off auto mode for DSLR, but doesn't go too far into full manual mode. Also has info for how to get similar shots with a point and shoot camera. I didn't care for all of her shots, but that's where differing photographic styles comes in and is subject to taste. Easy to read. Some tips repetitive, but that can be good when just learning.
Crystal
Mar 31, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Cute photography book that gave me some tips for how to take better photos of children. Loved the line that said, "Motherhood is made up of celebrations & griefs. You celebrate every bit of growth & development your baby makes, and you grieve the sweetness of the stages they’ve now outgrown."
Lee Farris
Oct 09, 2013 Lee Farris rated it it was amazing
Fun easy explanations of how to take cute photos of your kid. Divided by age groups, Me Ra Koh offers recipes for each photo example in the book. Helpful tips for the photographer, helper and family being photographed.
Marcia
Marcia rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Ela Matisse
Ela Matisse rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Brian Tausend
Brian Tausend rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2011
Kory
Mar 18, 2011 Kory rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for any level of photography!
Raeann
Raeann rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Yan
Yan rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Kapaluafan
Kapaluafan rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Dani
Dani rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Amy Keffer
Amy Keffer rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Srikanth Lingala
Srikanth Lingala rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2016
Shan FamilyBringsJoy
Shan FamilyBringsJoy rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Megan
May 27, 2011 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was okay. It had more info about staging photos than actual photography technique.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Me Ra Koh is the leading photography expert and educator to moms with cameras. She hosts the Disney Junior TV show Capture Your Story with Me Ra Koh, and also writes a weekly column for Disney’s Babble.com, A Focused Life, in which she inspires parents to not only photograph their kids but live their best life. She is the author of the national bestselling series Your Baby in Pictures and Your Chi ...more
More about Me Ra Koh...