Start by marking “Always (Seidkhan, #8)” as Want to Read:
Always (Seidkhan, #8)
Preview

Always (Sedikhan #8)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  385 ratings  ·  23 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Iris Johansen provides her trademark blend of seductive romance and pulse-pounding suspense in this classic tale of a woman who unexpectedly finds herself living—and loving—on the edge of danger.

Lisa Landon makes her living with her voice—a voice fueled by a heartbreak she vows never to experience again. But despite her renown, Lisa’s
Published March 22nd 2011 by Bantam (first published June 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always

willaful
Okay, this book has a big problem. Hero kidnapping the heroine and being all possessive towards her when they’ve just met -- sure, bring it on. I even have bookshelves for that. But when the heroine in question was stalked by her ex... it just draws attention to the fact that this is one creepy romantic fantasy. The right author can make it work, but Johansen doesn’t even try: she basically just drops the entire conflict and then story goes into a very weird area very fast. (view spoiler) ...more
Cecilia

A very short book for a lot of high drama, in a very old-school way. Gun running, kidnapping, getting over a tragic loss, falling in love in a nanosecond - a lot of action, and all of it pretty heavy. Not to mention the obligatory exotic terms of endearment (acushla, in this case). Of course to get all that in, something's gotta go. I'd say more fine-tuned character development (some of the stuff, like the heroine's music career, is basically wallpaper - it gets her to the island, and after that
Donna
I should have known what this book would be like from the cover, but I have read some of Ms. Johansens mysteries and enjoyed them and was hoping for an intellegent romance. Maybe there is no such thing. Anyway this was not worth reading. Plot nonexistant and female vapid and stupid. Hero not much better. Do yourself a favor and skip this.
Maggie
Not mrs Johansens best work. Kinda dragged on thru the middle but did end well.
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Diana
Narrated by Janet Metzger

I had fun listening to this vintage, old school romance but I wouldn’t want to make a habit of it. Always was originally published by Loveswept in 1986 and does it ever show its age. It’s an eye opener to hear a hero describe himself as “highly sexed” while he wonders if a woman is “frigid” because she has no men in her life. But things rolled merrily along once I adjusted to 1986-romancelandia-speak and sensibilities.

Clancy Donahue is head of security for Sheikh Alex of
Millicent A Conklin
Insipid Romance

if you like fairy tales and heroes, you will enjoy yet another predictable romance. It reminded me of Grace Kelley + terrorists and helicopters.
Glenajo
Lisa Landon, a professional singer, accepts an invitation to sing at an island resort little knowing that it is a plot orchestrated to lure her former husband and current stalker into a trap set by Clancy Donahue. Clancy, the head of security for a small desert nation known as Sedikhan, asks her to participate in the scheme. When she declines, he merely kidnaps her, setting the stage for a simple love story.

This is a 2011 rerelease of and earlier Iris Johansen book, and shows clearly how she has
Julie
A fast beach read that takes place in an exotic local.
Laura Hedrick
I've read the first page, & can tell I will like it. I like the author's style, & am already feeling like I can relate to the characters. However, I did it again--I got a book that seems to have a predecessor --I think I am already supposed to be familiar with Clancy Donahue, so I think I am at a disadvantage, but I will write more to this review upon completion of the novel.
Charly
Dec 18, 2013 Charly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone.
I didn't realize that this was deep into a series when I picked it up. Hadn't read Johansen in a while. I expected more of a suspense piece and less of a fairly straight forward romance couched, (or in this case bedded) in a suspense genre.

Fairly detailed descriptions.
Marnie
Nice romance story. Love at first sight that is. Does that really happen in real life? lol Anyways, nicely written with a bit of thriller. Iris Johansen sure does hit the spot with what young women could only dream of in a storybook romance.
Lavada Dee
An older book (1986) by Iris Johansen. I'm a huge fan of her books and hadn't realized that she had written for Loveswept. I was ready for a short category read and this fit the bill perfectly.
Jackie Behles
This is just one of those library kindle books that was in stock when I was checking out what was available. A quick little read, nothing too memorable about it.
Kare

This book read like a Harlequin romance. Much to mushy and full of sex. I love other books my Iris Johansen,but did not like this at all!
This e-book was in stock was I was browsing overdrive and it was brutal. Why I even read this crap is beyond me.
Anne Dart
Not my favorite Johansen book. In fact, it was probably my least favorite, therefore getting just an "OK" rating.
Qurat
Very typical, the male character was somewhat better specimen of romantic heroes.
Alice
o.k. book for a couple of hours.
Marie Maywalt
Easy read, somewhat unrealistic plot.
Gwynn
Good romantic read.
Annette
Annette is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2015
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • Rafe, The Maverick (The Shamrock Trinity, #1) (The Delaneys, #1)
  • Gambler's Woman
  • Date with the Devil
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • 22 Indigo Place (Loveswept, #154)
  • A Question of Pride
  • Taken by Storm
  • A Negotiated Surrender (Candlelight Ecstasy, #68)
Iris Johansen is a New York Times bestselling author. She began her writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great su ...more
More about Iris Johansen...

Sedikhan (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Golden Barbarian (Sedikhan, #1)
  • The Golden Valkyrie (Sedikhan, #2)
  • The Trustworthy Redhead (Sedikhan, #3)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • Touch The Horizon (Sedikhan, #5)
  • A Summer Smile (Sedikhan, #6)
  • And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan, #7)
  • Everlasting (Sedikhan, #9)
  • Til The End Of Time (Sedikhan, #10)
  • Last Bridge Home (Sedikhan, #11)
The Killing Game (Eve Duncan, #2) The Face Of Deception (Eve Duncan, #1) The Search (Eve Duncan, #3) Eve (Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #1) Body of Lies (Eve Duncan, #4)