Start by marking “Fodor's England 2012” as Want to Read:
Fodor's England 2012

Fodor's England 2012

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Full-color guide
• Make your trip to England unforgettable with illustrated features, maps, and color photos.

Customize your trip with simple planning tools
• Convenient overview of each region and its highlights
• Top experiences & attractions
• Practical advice for getting around
• Easy-to-read color regional maps

Explore London, the Cotswolds, Cornwall, and beyond
Published January 19th 2012 by Fodor (first published November 7th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's England 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's England 2012

carl  theaker
Well I didn't need all of England, but I did need the Cotswolds
and London and collected a lot of good information. I can see
good gawd ! London is expensive.

I'm usually a Frommer's guide fan, but like to check out what the
library has before I purchase something. I categorize
the the audience for the various guides :

Fodors - travelers with a bit more money

Frommers - middle money

Rick Steves, Lonely planet - lower middle money, and worried about
not worrying about appearances

Let's Go- is there s
Tortla
Densely informative, and kind of laid out like a textbook. (A good textbook. One which has an easy-to-follow key and organizing system and breaks up big blocks of text by bolding key terms and putting asides in cute little boxes. And the awareness of how quickly it will be outdated and encouragement to check the associated website.) But the tone is more accessible than a textbook, and there are citations of random internet people using their user names which is kind of not professional like a te ...more
Joel Crow
In preparation for a recent trip to the UK, I began researching guide books. While I had already visited the country and had a general idea of what I wanted to see, having a guidebook as insurance is always a smart idea. After perusing all the usual suspects--Frommer's, Lonely Planet, et al.--Fodor's England 2012 stood out as the favorite.

The book is organized geographically, with London subdivided into smaller sections. Suggestions for transportation abound, from the Underground in London to
Karen!
These guides are dense and laid out more like textbooks. I think that the information is great and the maps are nice, but you actually have to do a bit of reading--novel for a book, I know.

While comprehensive, it can be a bit difficult to digest.

Of course, I love that Wales is included!
Lisa
Good, but was hoping to have a fold-out map of England and not just London enclosed. Will return to the Library and scope on!
Marcie
I'm just getting started planning a trip to England/Scotland for next year and am getting my bearings. This book was somewhat helpful, but it was a bit too specific for this early stage of figuring out what I want to see.
Heather
Some of you will think this is lame, but this is over 800 pages and I read the entire thing. I know much more about England now and am planning a fun trip - if only the airfare wasn't so damn expensive!
Debbie Stahmann
Trying to plan a Girls' Trip to London. Helpful travel book!
Robert
Robert is currently reading it
May 10, 2015
Christopher Lutz
Christopher Lutz marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Maegen
Maegen added it
Jan 28, 2015
Laurel
Laurel added it
Nov 29, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fodor's New York City 2012 Fodor's London 2012 Fodor's Costa Rica 2010 Fodor's Paris 2013 Fodor's Ireland 2011