Start by marking “The Forgiving Hour” as Want to Read:
The Forgiving Hour

The Forgiving Hour

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  23 reviews
After years of bitterness and anger over her ex-husband’s betrayal, Claire Conway’s life finally seems to be on track. She has raised a fine son, Dakota. Her work is going well, and for the first time in years she finds herself attracted to a man once again!

Then Dakota brings home his fiancée, Sara Jennings, and everything falls apart. For Sara turns out to be the same wom
Published March 7th 2000 by WaterBrook Press (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Forgiving Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgiving Hour

Diana

Truly An Unforgettable Novel!

In The Forgiving Hour, Robin Lee Hatcher has penned a gripping, riveting novel of betrayal and forgiveness, and the consequences of sin as far reaching as ripples in a stream.

Claire Porter is content with her life as a housewife and mother. In her comfortable home in Boise, Idaho, surrounded by tulips and daffodils, her 12 year old son, Dakota, and a handsome husband, what more could she ask for? Although not a Christian, Claire prides herself in being a good, loyal
Kiki
Possibly the most convicting book I have ever read. Along with Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, I believe every Christian woman should read this book! If it doesn't make you question your ability to forgive I would be very surprised.
LeeAnn
I read this novel in one sitting yesterday! It was that great. The novel covered 12 years, and I was impressed at how the author handled this passage of time. I felt that the scenarios the characters were in were so properly spaced out, which for me, made the difficult decisions that were made believable. I also developed empathy for each character involved so there was no 'bad guy' (excluding the husband) despite some really negative situations that took place. And above all, the message of for ...more
Sibil Clark-beasley
Very good read !! An interesting story with an awesome twist. As christian stories go this one is amazing.
Melissa
Beautifully written, have read this book more than once. God's merciful forgiveness.
Margaret Shettel
I could not put this book down.
Kathryn
Sandra Marie
This book takes you on journey. You will get to know all the characters and fall for everyone of them. You will understand how they feel. I laughed, cried, and even got mad a few times. As someone who isn't very big into religion, I still managed to enjoy this work of Christian fiction! Robin Lee Hatcher is an amazing author who really knows how to spin a story.
Leslie
This was a good book about a betrayal of a husband and the hate the wife carried with her for years for her husband and the girl. Her life was miserable and she didn't want any part of God or religon. It is also how her son turned to God and wanted his mother to as well. It is also a love story and has morals in the book. I think I'll read another book by her.
Amy
May 23, 2011 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian fiction fans
Recommended to Amy by: Elena
Shelves: christian, fiction
Loved this book. I was intrigued from the opening page, the betrayal that the story is written around is something I can't even imagine. The author did a really good job of presenting both sides to the reader. Thanks to Elena for the great recommendation! I love Goodreads for precisely this reason, I read books I doubt I would ever come across on my own.
Jane Freund
The importance of and difficulty of forgiveness is the tone and message of this book and Robin Hatcher does a wonderful job of dealing with these issues head on! I highly recommend this book and consider it one of my absolute favorites!
Michele
Did realize that the book was Christian reading when I bought it. However, I didn't let the bible verses and/or preaching keep me from finishing the book. Somewhat predictable but an okay read.
Elizabeth
a powerful story, made all the more so becouse it was loosely based on a circumstance from the authors own life. Demonstrates the power of forgiveness on the forgivers life
Suziep11
An inspirational story about forgiveness. Just loved, loved, loved this book. It was wonderful, warm and touching. I highly recommend it.
5.0 on a 5.0 scale
Kiki Bacaro
Wow, when I first started reading it, I thought "Oh no way, there is NO way..." but it was very well written and you can see all sides to the situation.
Terri F
An amazing story. It is almost hard to read but it speaks of the healing power of forgiveness and the importance of forgiving.
Franknannie
This is my favorite Robin Lee Hatcher book. It grabbed me from page one and I couldn't put it down.
Michelle Roth
Another Book I didn't finish "too religous" for me...sorry won't be reading another book by this author.
Barbara
Very good -- full of wonderful lessons to make our lives more in step with God's Will.
Cathy
I was just not a fan of the writing style I think.
Cresanna Kahrl
An incredible story of forgiveness ...
Michelle
Dec 03, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: young-adult
YA Hat
Laura Friesen
Laura Friesen marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
  • Embrace Me
  • Storm Gathering (The Storm Series #2)
  • Blind Justice
  • Aloha: Love, Suite Love/Fixed by Love/Game of Love/It All Adds Up to Love (Inspirational Romance Collection)
  • Diva Nashvegas
  • A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3)
  • Dread Champion (Chelsea Adams, #2)
  • Mending Places (New Heights Series, #1)
  • A January Bride (A Year of Weddings, #2)
  • The Novelist
  • Now and Always
  • A Hilltop in Tuscany
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • Adelaide Piper
A Note from Robin: I schedule Goodreads giveaways every month. If you're interested in my books, please become a "Goodreads fan" so that you'll be notified of my giveaways when they occur.

Official Bio: Robin Lee Hatcher discovered her vocation as a novelist after many years of reading everything she could put her hands on, including the backs of cereal boxes and ketchup bottles. The winner of the
More about Robin Lee Hatcher...
A Vote of Confidence (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #1) Belonging (Where the Heart Lives, #1) Dear Lady (Coming to America #1) Fit to Be Tied (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #2) Catching Katie