Start by marking “The Forgiving Hour” as Want to Read:

The Forgiving Hour

After years of bitterness and anger over her ex-husband’s betrayal, Claire Conway’s life finally seems to be on track. She has raised a fine son, Dakota. Her work is going well, and for the first time in years she finds herself attracted to a man once again!

Then Dakota brings home his fiancée, Sara Jennings, and everything falls apart. For Sara turns out to be the same wom
Published March 7th 2000 by WaterBrook Press (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Forgiving Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgiving Hour

Dana
Jun 01, 2016 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a hard concept to convey...

Forgiveness is so hard portray in print, even harder in life. Yet Robin has crafted a path through the darkness. She has laid out everything I needed to understand about letting go of the past and letting God guide my future. Thank you. I needed this book.
Alexa
Sep 02, 2016 Alexa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A long time ago, but Robin really captures your interest. I remember reading this and it involved forgiveness to be had to move on.

Holds your interest.
Gay N
Nov 05, 2016 Gay N rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue

The author has the gift of imagination and uses it to create amazing stories. The theme In this one is forgiveness. I can't imagine a more heartbreaking circumstance. An unfaithful man leaves his son and wife. The son falls in love and learns a secret. I wish the widow in the story had told us more about Mikey's dad. I wondered if he had found forgiveness for his deeds. Good book.
Bailey
Jul 11, 2017 Bailey rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this book! A heart-wrenching yet true-to-life story about the wretchedness of adultery, its effects on the husband, wife, child, and lover, and the struggles that each endure as Jesus helps them come to a point of real forgiveness.

“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven you.” - Ephesians 4:32

“...for My strength is made perfect in your weakness.” - 2 Corinthians 2:9b
Laurie
Jul 11, 2017 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning.

A balm to my soul. If you have been hurt by someone or are mourning the loss of a dream this book will speak and remind you to cast all your cares upon Him. This book helped me to see how I too need to unbind myself from the trappings, grave clothes, that I've allowed to cling to me and rob me of the best God has planned for me. Thank you Robin Lee Hatcher
Alice LaJuett
Jul 13, 2017 Alice LaJuett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving..

This was a most moving story! An emotional roller coaster ride. Then comes the remarkable power of forgiveness! With tears in my eyes I thank the Lord for His Grace and Mercy!
Penny
Jul 08, 2017 Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story of forgiveness

This story was filled with the message of forgiveness, love of Jesus, restoration, renewal, and redemption. Amazing! One you do not want to miss.
Donna D
Nov 17, 2016 Donna D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This was a very good book on forgiveness. It was so very heart wrenching at times. It was a very well written book.
Diana
Mar 08, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing

Truly An Unforgettable Novel!

In The Forgiving Hour, Robin Lee Hatcher has penned a gripping, riveting novel of betrayal and forgiveness, and the consequences of sin as far reaching as ripples in a stream.

Claire Porter is content with her life as a housewife and mother. In her comfortable home in Boise, Idaho, surrounded by tulips and daffodils, her 12 year old son, Dakota, and a handsome husband, what more could she ask for? Although not a Christian, Claire prides herself in being a good, loyal
Ckainer
Feb 25, 2017 Ckainer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a tough one. Meaning the concept was hard. Forgiveness is powerful and we as humans can struggle with it while God does not. We must strive to forgive others but also ourselves. While I know the storyline is possible it was a little hard to grasp.
Sandra Benford
Sep 08, 2016 Sandra Benford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a well woven story with a strong Christian message. Forgiving others is possibly one of the most difficult things that God requires from us in order to allow us to be all that He intends for us to be. Without His love and forgiveness, we are hopeless. Not forgiving others renders us helpless. And only He can break down the walls and bring us into the freedom of His love as we do the hard stuff: forgive the impossible. Great story perseverance as the inner battles rage and restoration as ...more
LeeAnn
Aug 04, 2012 LeeAnn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
I read this novel in one sitting yesterday! It was that great. The novel covered 12 years, and I was impressed at how the author handled this passage of time. I felt that the scenarios the characters were in were so properly spaced out, which for me, made the difficult decisions that were made believable. I also developed empathy for each character involved so there was no 'bad guy' (excluding the husband) despite some really negative situations that took place. And above all, the message of for ...more
Robin Lee Hatcher
This novel is one that lingers in my heart all of these years later. I remember so well the morning I awoke after dreaming the opening scene. Even more, I remember the lessons God taught me so many years before about real forgiveness and the importance of it, for ourselves and for those whom we forgive.

The Forgiving Hour was my first book for the Christian market, my first women's fiction, my first hardcover release, and my first contemporary story after writing 25 historical romances for the ge
Kathryn
Jun 20, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Joy Avery Melville
Robin Hatcher's book was one of the strongest, deepest stories I've read in a very long time. Nothing pat about it from beginning to end. Characters are REAL. I purchased the book after having read one of her most recent novels. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED.

The Forgiving Hour left me pondering the issues MS Hatcher put forth even today, and I finished the book yesterday morning.
Sandra (Crandomblog)
This book takes you on journey. You will get to know all the characters and fall for everyone of them. You will understand how they feel. I laughed, cried, and even got mad a few times. As someone who isn't very big into religion, I still managed to enjoy this work of Christian fiction! Robin Lee Hatcher is an amazing author who really knows how to spin a story.
Amy
May 15, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian fiction fans
Recommended to Amy by: Elena
Shelves: christian, fiction
Loved this book. I was intrigued from the opening page, the betrayal that the story is written around is something I can't even imagine. The author did a really good job of presenting both sides to the reader. Thanks to Elena for the great recommendation! I love Goodreads for precisely this reason, I read books I doubt I would ever come across on my own.
Leslie
Nov 08, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it
This was a good book about a betrayal of a husband and the hate the wife carried with her for years for her husband and the girl. Her life was miserable and she didn't want any part of God or religon. It is also how her son turned to God and wanted his mother to as well. It is also a love story and has morals in the book. I think I'll read another book by her.
Karen Peale
May 25, 2016 Karen Peale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Forgiving Hour

Oh wow. What a beautiful, thought provoking story of redemption and forgiveness for all of us. I love how scripture and the voice of the Holy Spirit was woven magically through this story. If I could this story would get a higher rating than 5 stars. Excellent pacing, well written. Robin Lee Hatcher outdid herself.
Noel
May 31, 2016 Noel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kiki
Jun 02, 2014 Kiki rated it it was amazing
Possibly the most convicting book I have ever read. Along with Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, I believe every Christian woman should read this book! If it doesn't make you question your ability to forgive I would be very surprised.
Teresa Merriman
A great book!

What a wonderful story of God's love for us and His pursuit of His beloved. I loved how the author went from one character to the next, letting us see what was happening in each of their lives as time moved on.
Stacy
My Kindle prime loan for March 2016. This is a re-release of an older book by Robin Lee Hatcher, but the story and themes are timeless. Very good book about love and forgiveness and how hard it can be to get there, but rewarding as well. Tough to read at times, but a very good book.
Jane Freund
Jan 17, 2009 Jane Freund rated it it was amazing
The importance of and difficulty of forgiveness is the tone and message of this book and Robin Hatcher does a wonderful job of dealing with these issues head on! I highly recommend this book and consider it one of my absolute favorites!
Bree
Sep 20, 2015 Bree rated it it was amazing
Wow what a well written Christian book about forgiveness.
Sibil Clark-beasley
Mar 28, 2014 Sibil Clark-beasley rated it it was amazing
Very good read !! An interesting story with an awesome twist. As christian stories go this one is amazing.
Cathy
May 24, 2011 Cathy rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I was just not a fan of the writing style I think.
Margaret Shettel
Oct 25, 2014 Margaret Shettel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novel
I could not put this book down.
Michelle Roth
Nov 29, 2011 Michelle Roth rated it it was ok
Another Book I didn't finish "too religous" for me...sorry won't be reading another book by this author.
Fyrephoenix
Just not for me, I'm not into religious books. Good if you are into that.
  • Deadlock
  • Embrace Me
  • Now and Always
  • Dread Champion
  • The Secret Life of Becky Miller (Becky Miller #1)
  • Love on a Deadline: An August Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #9)
  • Storm Gathering (The Storm Series #1)
  • Driftwood Lane (Nantucket, #4)
  • After Anne (Coming Home to Brewster, #1)
  • Aloha
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • By the Light of a Thousand Stars
  • Speak Through the Wind (Crossroads of Grace #2)
  • The Novelist
  • Coming Home
Robin Lee Hatcher discovered her vocation as a novelist after many years of reading everything she could put her hands on, including the backs of cereal boxes and ketchup bottles. Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from both American Christian Fiction Writers and Romance Writer of America and the winner of the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction, the RITA Award for Best Insp ...more
More about Robin Lee Hatcher...