The Gift Of The Atonement: Favorite Writings On The Atonement Of Jesus Christ

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Unknown Binding
Published January 1st 2002 by Shadow Mountain

Lydia
Basically a compilation of personal and brief experiences from self-righteous Mormon leaders and historians about how they perceive "the Atonement of Jesus". Not to be taken seriously. There are several million gods that have, still and will claim to be the Saviour of this world, all wanting a cut of your money, necessary for salvation too.
Mary
This is a collection of writings from several LDS authors about various aspects of the Atonement. I would give the writings themselves five stars. The compilation was interesting, they were mostly from BYU Women's conference talks with a few favored authors scattered in such as Tad R. Callister, Hugh Nibley, and Stephen E. Robinson. It would take an entire encyclopedia at least to give a more fair and complete representation of writings on the Atonement.
Jodi Walters
Contains some of the best quotes on the Atonement. My husband found this book in my Mom's bookshelf. He was pleasantly surprised at it's dept of content and ended up bringing it home to finish. Later he purchased one and I read it and felt the same way about it. This is a great book to have as a reference on the Atonement of the Savior.
Kari
This is the second time I have read this book. I decided after listening to conference that I needed to focus my scripture study on the atonement. I have added this book to help in that study. It is a great collection of snippets of talks given by prophets and general authorities on the importance of the atonement.
Michele
This is a brilliant, little book with quotes by the leading disciples of Jesus Christ. These 2-3 page excerpts from their writings capture, although miniscule in relationship to what has been done for us, the beauty and grandeur as far as human tongue can tell. Just a profound little book!
Sandra Strange
This small book of short selections that testify of the atonement of Christ and its power in our lives will inspire Christians and encourage all to live more worthily. Great reading for night time worship.
Kathy
This was a re-read for me with this book. I read it several years ago when my youngest son gave it to me for a gift when he was a sophomore in high school.

This is a testimony builder.
Mary
I read one essay each morning, so that I could ponder the ideas presented. I am now reading it again. And I'll keep reading it until I have each concept ingrained in my mind and heart.
Brittany Wilkins
Amazing. Beautiful. Thought provoking. I love love love this book. The atonement is amazing and this book puts it into perspective for you. I highly recommend diving into it's pages :)
Katie
This is a book of short stories/talks by various authors. Each one is powerful in building your testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and what He has done for all of us.
Keli Wright
I found this on my boss Rebecca's bookshelf and decided to read it. GREAT BOOK.. just short vignettes with stories about the atonement. all good stuff that we all need to hear.
Heidi
I read this at a time when I very much needed anything on this subject in my life. It was a comfort during some very hard times. Would not mind owning this one.
Christi
This is perfect to read during the sacrament. My mind wanders if I'm not reading something. And this is just short 1-3 page stories by general authorities.
Jessica
I love this book. It is a collection of talks and thoughts on the gift and meaning of the Atonement.
Gayla Harris
This was a great book. Repeated itself but who doesn't need to be told something more than once.
Carol
This book is a little gem.
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 01, 2014
Anne
Anne is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Seth Morin
Seth Morin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Necia
Necia marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Lion House Entertaining Sunshine for the Courageous Latter-Day Saint Soul Forever and Ever Journal Holy One of Israel