Start by marking “The Gift Of The Atonement: Favorite Writings On The Atonement Of Jesus Christ” as Want to Read:
The Gift Of The Atonement: Favorite Writings On The Atonement Of Jesus Christ

The Gift Of The Atonement: Favorite Writings On The Atonement Of Jesus Christ

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Unknown Binding
Published January 1st 2002 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about The Gift Of The Atonement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift Of The Atonement

Lydia
Mar 02, 2014 Lydia rated it did not like it
Basically a compilation of personal and brief experiences from self-righteous Mormon leaders and historians about how they perceive "the Atonement of Jesus". Not to be taken seriously. There are several million gods that have, still and will claim to be the Saviour of this world, all wanting a cut of your money, necessary for salvation too.
Mary
Feb 19, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
This is a collection of writings from several LDS authors about various aspects of the Atonement. I would give the writings themselves five stars. The compilation was interesting, they were mostly from BYU Women's conference talks with a few favored authors scattered in such as Tad R. Callister, Hugh Nibley, and Stephen E. Robinson. It would take an entire encyclopedia at least to give a more fair and complete representation of writings on the Atonement.
Jodi Walters
Apr 21, 2008 Jodi Walters rated it it was amazing
Contains some of the best quotes on the Atonement. My husband found this book in my Mom's bookshelf. He was pleasantly surprised at it's dept of content and ended up bringing it home to finish. Later he purchased one and I read it and felt the same way about it. This is a great book to have as a reference on the Atonement of the Savior.
Kari
Apr 23, 2010 Kari rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
This is the second time I have read this book. I decided after listening to conference that I needed to focus my scripture study on the atonement. I have added this book to help in that study. It is a great collection of snippets of talks given by prophets and general authorities on the importance of the atonement.
Michele
Nov 02, 2013 Michele rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant, little book with quotes by the leading disciples of Jesus Christ. These 2-3 page excerpts from their writings capture, although miniscule in relationship to what has been done for us, the beauty and grandeur as far as human tongue can tell. Just a profound little book!
Sandra Strange
Nov 10, 2013 Sandra Strange rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-lds
This small book of short selections that testify of the atonement of Christ and its power in our lives will inspire Christians and encourage all to live more worthily. Great reading for night time worship.
Kathy
Feb 18, 2011 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This was a re-read for me with this book. I read it several years ago when my youngest son gave it to me for a gift when he was a sophomore in high school.

This is a testimony builder.
Mary
Nov 21, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
I read one essay each morning, so that I could ponder the ideas presented. I am now reading it again. And I'll keep reading it until I have each concept ingrained in my mind and heart.
Brittany Wilkins
Aug 26, 2012 Brittany Wilkins rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Beautiful. Thought provoking. I love love love this book. The atonement is amazing and this book puts it into perspective for you. I highly recommend diving into it's pages :)
Katie
Oct 23, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
This is a book of short stories/talks by various authors. Each one is powerful in building your testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and what He has done for all of us.
Keli Wright
May 20, 2012 Keli Wright rated it it was amazing
I found this on my boss Rebecca's bookshelf and decided to read it. GREAT BOOK.. just short vignettes with stories about the atonement. all good stuff that we all need to hear.
Heidi
I read this at a time when I very much needed anything on this subject in my life. It was a comfort during some very hard times. Would not mind owning this one.
Christi
Oct 08, 2008 Christi rated it it was amazing
This is perfect to read during the sacrament. My mind wanders if I'm not reading something. And this is just short 1-3 page stories by general authorities.
Jessica
Sep 18, 2007 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It is a collection of talks and thoughts on the gift and meaning of the Atonement.
Gayla Harris
Mar 10, 2011 Gayla Harris rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. Repeated itself but who doesn't need to be told something more than once.
Carol
Feb 01, 2009 Carol rated it it was amazing
This book is a little gem.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Mckenna Rice
Mckenna Rice rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Tyson E.
Tyson E. marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Jaylene
Jaylene rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Jessica Hayes
Jessica Hayes rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 01, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Amber Balaguy
Amber Balaguy rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014