Start by marking “My Maven, My Everything (Sons of Thanatus, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Maven, My Everything (Sons of Thanatus, #1)

My Maven, My Everything (Sons of Thanatus #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Madden "Mad" Forrest is a Son of Thanatus, a secret order rumored to be descended from gods. The members possess the ability to hear the souls of the dead, and they travel the country speaking for those without a voice, helping to lay them to rest. After a particularly stressful job, Mad heads to New Orleans and picks up a hot twink in the hotel bar.

Josh McGreggor is out f
Published March 29th 2011 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Maven, My Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Maven, My Everything

Fadia Pierre
This book is somewhat a new direction for Ms. Flynn the whole necromancer thing. In the same token its nothing to write home about. Like all of her books there is that instant love that leaves the reader rolling their eyes. Ive always wondered why is it that in most of her books that the "smaller and more submissive man" always end up with an "butt plug" in them that would be worn all day long. Do people or even gay men really do that? Cant fathom the comfort; If you have read the authors past w ...more
Adrian Anderson
Yes, this is what they warn about in writers' workshops. The trap of telling the same basic story over and over again because your characters all share mannerisms and traits that are too similar to each other. But then...Miss Flynn is so uncreative and uninspired that hers and Stormy Glenn's (as well as Lynn Hagen) all have the same welcome greeting on their Yahoo groups...

If she can't even come up with something original without copying for that...CAN she write a decent book?

PS - I wish these i
Rachel
Too much sex and insta-love, with the "I love you's" coming way too early. The story was rushed and just didn't flow naturally in a way that's easy to read. I don't know...I liked some books of hers, others not so much, but in this one I was unable to connect with the characters and what was going on. There is definitely a pattern to her characters and plot and this seems to just continue that pattern.
Almonda
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
He can hear the souls of the dead. Sometimes it's not a pretty sound.

This is my first foray into the world of Joyee Flynn. I'd seen plenty of reviews and couldn't wait to nab a book for myself. The plot is unique and filled with twists and turns. I liked meeting a new group of characters and seeing how they dealt with their gifts. This was a quick read and it had more than a few interesting moments.

Madden "Mad" Forrest has a tough job. He's got paranormal abilities and it takes a lot out of him
Davina
i wasn't to please with this. besides their names and nature every things reminds me of shifter series. mine, no one but me touch you, must have you now.

the nightly marathon sex and next they i love yous kind of kill it for me and then i had to remind myself it's not an mf book am reading with all their emotions.
give a couple chapters first with the thrill on how or when the deed will be done. then i'll actually read the sex scenes. back to back and i'll skip a few.
then the convenience of find
adrienne
typical joyee flynn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical joyee flynn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as
Charlie Richards
This story had me rolling! And crying. I love how Madden and Josh meet, and the dynamics of their relationship as it develops and they figure out what they mean to each other. Josh's spunky, submissive personality is a perfect match for Mad's dominant traits. But at the same time, those same character traits create all kinds of problems that the pair will have to work hard to get through. I found this to be an enjoyable, quick read, and when the next one comes out (hopefully that won't be too lo ...more
Serena Yates
This is a fun variation on the 'I see dead people' theme. The Sons of Thanatus use their talents to help solve criminal cases, thought these aren;t really the focus of the book. The additional dynamic of Josh working for Madden provides an interesting dynamic, especially in the way they meet, but is quickly overcome and remains only as a turn on where sex between them is concerned.
Lexi Ander
What I liked about this is that it had a wider focus on what the Sons of Thanatus do. There is mature acceptance of the relationship with the external danger as the antagonist. There is a little personal angst towards the end but is resolved fairly easy-which I liked to. I look forward to seeing more books in that series that will expand on what has been introduced here.
Muffett
Enjoyed this start to a new series and am looking forward to the next entry. The investigations are as interesting as the relationship between the H/H.
Alana
Great start to an interesting new series.
Joselyn
it was cute and cool very nice story
Anime_dancer
Anime_dancer marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Bernice Bonita
Bernice Bonita marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Martha Gilleran
Martha Gilleran marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Jack
Jack added it
Jun 18, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Misha Hamu
Misha Hamu marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Feb 16, 2015
  • Love Sexy (True Blood Mate, #3)
  • All of the Voices (Southern Spirits, #3)
  • The Haunting of St. Xavier
  • The Cake (Elemental Superpowers, #1)
  • William's House (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1)
  • Enslaved By Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #10)
  • Tooth & Nail (Warder #2)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1)
  • Ghost of a Chance
  • Touch My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #2)

Sons of Thanatus (2 books)
  • Higher Rank (Sons of Thanatus #2)
Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings, #1) Micah (Marius Brothers, #1) Tristan (Resistant Omegas, #1) Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9) Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings, #12)