Start by marking “FreakAngels, Volume 6 (FreakAngels, #6)” as Want to Read:
FreakAngels, Volume 6 (FreakAngels, #6)

FreakAngels, Volume 6 (FreakAngels #6)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  933 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Twenty-three years ago, twelve strange children were born in England at exactly the same moment. Six years ago, they used their psychic powers in unison and accidentally flooded the world. Today, they live in and defend Whitechapel, perhaps the last real settlement in soggy London, from the evil machinations of one of their own – a “Freakangel” gone rogue. But when Mark, t ...more
Published November 8th 2011 by Avatar Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about FreakAngels, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FreakAngels, Volume 6

Tiger's Curse by Colleen HouckTiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckTiger's Quest by Colleen HouckYours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleyTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
My Favorite Romance Books
206th out of 554 books — 496 voters
HAWTHORNE by Christopher C. MeekerA Midsummer Night's Steampunk by Scott E. TarbetPrince of Hearts by Margaret FoxeLumière by Jacqueline GarlickA Dark Heart by Margaret Foxe
Best Unknown Steampunk
194th out of 219 books — 351 voters

More lists with this book...

Patrick
Feb 06, 2013 Patrick rated it it was amazing

Lately, with irritating frequency, I end up reading the a series of books or comics, enjoying the hell out of it, then being let down by the ending.

Sometimes this is because a series gets canceled. Which sucks all around and isn't the author's fault. (Firefly.)

Sometimes the ending merely leaves me with a profound sensation of "meh." And while the intellectual equivalent of a shrug is not a terrible thing in itself, it's a pisser of a way to end a story that I've enjoyed and devoted time, money
Ivan
Sep 03, 2015 Ivan rated it it was amazing
Too bad it's over, I want more.

Since it's writer is Warren Ellis, author of Transmetopolitan one of my favorite graphic novels I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed.

It definitively goes to my favorite graphic novel list along with Saga, Fables and Transmetropolitan.
Brandon
Feb 08, 2013 Brandon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Okay. If this had been a novel, I'm not sure how I would have felt about it. You're dropped in a post-apocalyptic world with minimal information. Eventually you learn how the world came to be the way it was. There are some conflicts. The rising action suddenly crescendos as you learn even more about the breaking of the world and the ante gets upped all at once. And then...the story ends. There is resolution, but not much of it. There is denouement, but not really or everyone, and not in a comple ...more
Sam Quixote
Jul 10, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS

Like all final books in a beloved series there are lots of revelations, storylines are tied up, and the ending is a controversial one. It seems the end of the world brought about by the Freakangels was not the end of the world… entirely, and the Freakangels decide to do something equally massive with their powers but this time for constructive purposes not destructive. And some of the Freakangels get drunk and hook up.

It’s hard to talk about the aspects of the plot as it’d just give awa
William Thomas
Dec 28, 2012 William Thomas rated it liked it
I was just browsing the online library SWAN catalog, thinking I'd pick up a few things by Warren Ellis and stumbled across al six volumes of FreakAngels. What's this? How had I not heard about this? Oh, because I don't ever pay attention to anything Avatar puts out. No wonder it passed by me just like Gravel did years ago.

Honestly, after the first volume I would have given up on it completely had I not checked out the entire series. I figured I'd push on through as long as it was here, why not?
Marie Graßhoff
Feb 18, 2013 Marie Graßhoff rated it it was amazing
Ich denke, allein der Umstand, dass ich in den letzten 12 Stunden kaum etwas anderes getan habe, als an diesem Comic zu lesen, zeigt meine Begeisterung für die Reihe. Ich habe mich relativ schnell in sie verliebt und obwohl ich heute andere Pläne hatte, konnte und konnte ich einfach nicht aufhören zu lesen - bis ich durch war.

Ich liebe die Geschichte der 12 Menschen mit besonderen Fähigkeiten, die langsam erst im Laufe der Geschichte zu begreifen scheinen, dass sie einander brauchen und dass sie
Sesana
Jul 18, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
I have some mixed feelings about how the series ended. I do like (view spoiler) but I don't like that it took them six years to even think of doing it. We don't see their initial reactions at the time, but I can buy that they were scared kids unsure of their limits. But they never even tried? I did like that not everything was tied up with a bow, and that there were a lot of unresolved issues left. (What happens next in London? And w ...more
KV Taylor
Dec 28, 2011 KV Taylor rated it really liked it
This is pretty much the only way it COULD end, but it was weird and talky and... pretty much a Freakangels ending, actually. It was also effing awesome. I don't even know what to say, I'm mostly just sad there's no more.
Miramira Endevall
Oct 10, 2015 Miramira Endevall rated it really liked it
Mike
**This contains my quick thoughts on the series (with NO SPOILERS). I am putting it under Vol 1 and 6 until I have time to write full reviews for each volume.**

FreakAngels is a webcomic written by well known comic book author Warren Ellis. It is dark and graphic at times - as posted on the site, recommended for mature audiences. It is a complete, overarching story spanning six print trade paperbacks worth of comics and really must be read from the beginning.

At some point I'll go back and review
Elh R'
Jan 01, 2016 Elh R' rated it it was amazing
... and we get to the end. What can I say ? Go and read it. This is one of the more beautiful comics I've ever read. Simply perfect.

I will miss the freakangels, but, as cheesy as it sounds, this characters will be forever in my mind. I loved them.

Whole series : 5/5
Derek Parker
Feb 18, 2016 Derek Parker rated it really liked it
I love this series, and it's something I have been wanting to read for some time. This is a webcomics classic, and we discussed it on a recent episode of the podcast: http://comicsalternative.com/webcomic....
Henrik Emilsson
Sep 19, 2015 Henrik Emilsson rated it did not like it
Det är inget bra tecken att man är glad att serien är över, en serie som blir sämre och sämre för varje nummer. Sista delen handlar i stort sett bara om att Freak Angels ska komma överens om att rädda världen. The End.
Artemiy Nizovtsev
Nov 07, 2015 Artemiy Nizovtsev rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 5stars, avatar
A perfect ending to a great series. Highly recommend!
Samantha
Nov 02, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
But I don't want it to be over...
Geoff Sebesta
Oct 02, 2015 Geoff Sebesta rated it it was ok
Glad that's over.
Esteban Ruquet
Feb 05, 2015 Esteban Ruquet rated it really liked it
Fumata a pleno.
Emily
Jun 25, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
I enjoyed the series overall, but this conclusion was a little disappointing-lots and lots of sitting around talking and then a sudden solution to everything. I probably shouldn't have read it right after reading the whiz-bang action-packed 11th volume of Fables, which was also a conclusion of sorts. A much better one, in my opinion.

I had given it 2 stars at first but bumped it up to 3 for the artwork, especially the panels when the kids were operating on full mojo.
Beth
Dec 23, 2011 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2011reads
I, this series was amazing. It had some flaws (they wanted to blow up Northampton, seriously not cool) but it was a great read, and the art was awesome.

As an ending, maybe this was a bit, I don't know, odd, but it felt like the right ending for the series. It was the kind of ending that left me wanting more (more Alice, more of the FreakAngels, more of the world) but was, in light of not getting more, a ending that did the job.
Matt
Feb 19, 2012 Matt rated it it was amazing
So, I really do love this series. There are some fascinating characters, and also some great themes at work. There appears to be some kind of strange Jesus allegory at work here: that we, as people, don't deserve any kind of messiah or saving, mostly because we wouldn't be able to handle it. Which, for some reason, is an idea that fascinates me. Just excellent, thought-provoking stuff. Absolutely worth reading.
Kayleigh
Aug 08, 2011 Kayleigh rated it it was amazing
I can't believe it's over! I've been following this series for quite awhile now, so to see the words 'the end' seems almost impossible.

A fantastic series, simply amazing and I thought the ending was beautifully done. I had no idea how they were going to wrap it all up, but the way they did it, with a little ambiguity and more unsaid than said, worked perfectly with the story.
Ren
Generally a solid conclusion. Although, I have to say, I'm not entirely sure I like how they dealt with /actual rapist/ Luke, and I'm feeling pretty lukewarm about (view spoiler) being a thing. Also, Alice is the true MVP and I'm salty that it looks like they won't see her again.
Rainey
Matt Piechocinski
Aug 30, 2012 Matt Piechocinski rated it really liked it
I think this might rank right up there with Global Frequency as some of my favorite Ellis works. I also think, like Scott Pilgrim, you have to read all six books in one setting. The fact that Ellis put this all up for free on the internet is awesome.
Shanna
Bloody rediculously awesome! Only downside is WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FREAKANGELS IN THE DAMN FUTURE????? Otherwise, it was unbelievable violent, humorous, good fun. Will be looking forward to more Warren Ellis.
Jim
May 28, 2012 Jim rated it really liked it
I will miss the FreakAngels. A nice series, well drawn, interesting and engaging, with a bit of humor. I could see this being made into a movie. Hope some of the other online series are as entertaining.
Ashley
Apr 24, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I'm just gonna say it. I love this series more than Saga. It has such an interesting cast of characters and I love each and everyone of them plus the story is just so dang good.
Salimbol
Dec 16, 2011 Salimbol rated it really liked it
A very satisfying conclusion to the Freakangels story, providing resolution, restitution, forgiveness and character growth. I intend to keep an eye out for both author and artist.
Dmitry Kolomiets
Aug 11, 2013 Dmitry Kolomiets rated it it was amazing
Great ending of the story. I enjoyed it a lot - rich characters, post-apocalyptic setting, London and really nice drawings :) Good stuff, check it out.
Katy
Dec 17, 2014 Katy rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I really liked the concept, art and dialogue in this series, but the ending just didn't quite satisfy me. The rest was super enjoyable though.
  • Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 4: Materia (Gunnerkrigg Court #4)
  • The Phoenix Requiem Volume Four
  • Rice Boy
  • Agatha Heterodyne and the Chapel of Bones (Girl Genius, #8)
  • Questionable Content, Vol. 2
  • Stand Still, Stay Silent: Book 1
  • Dreamless
  • Midnighter, Vol. 1: Killing Machine
  • Unsounded - Volume 1: The Zombie & The Brat
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more
More about Warren Ellis...

FreakAngels (6 books)
  • FreakAngels, Volume 1 (FreakAngels, #1)
  • FreakAngels, Volume 2 (FreakAngels, #2)
  • FreakAngels, Volume 3 (FreakAngels, #3)
  • FreakAngels, Volume 4 (FreakAngels, #4)
  • FreakAngels, Volume 5 (FreakAngels, #5)