Start by marking “Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)

Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  2,964 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
Bradley crept forward between the tall narrow aisles created by the shelves. Just before he reached the corner he heard a thump, the sound of a body hitting the floor. He rushed forward into the corner of the room.

The desk was empty. The chair was pushed up against it, neatly awaiting its usual occupant. No one was in the corner. No one was there to make the sound. No one…
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 245 pages
Published March 15th 2011 by Terri Reid

To ask other readers questions about Never Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Forgotten

2.5 stars. Never Forgotten is the third book in the Mary O'Reilly series and so far the worst. I liked the first book despite its flaws, but with each book this series has gotten weaker and weaker. Yet again we are told who the killer is. I really am frustrated with the lack of mystery for the reader to solve. Why not keep us guessing? It would make the stories so much more interesting if we had to figure everything out along with Mary and Bradley. However, I know good and well I would have figu ...more
Sep 23, 2012 Neva rated it did not like it
OK - this series was never anything other than bubble gum for the mind, but the first 2 books were interesting and entertaining. Then book 3 goes all Christian. Weird. I guess I should be grateful I have one less series to read.
The writing style for Terri Reid's Mary O'Reilly mysteries seem to be getting better as each book comes out, which is a plus. However, this third book in the series doesn't seem to be as exciting as the first book (much like the second book wasn't as exciting). We've got a whole slew of mentally disturbed victim/murderers here who are a result of childhood traumas, resulting in innocently dead bystanders. The concept isn't so bad and DOES touch on the awareness of domestic violence, tying in wit ...more
Cheryl Cooper
Nov 06, 2015 Cheryl Cooper rated it it was amazing
Another good one

There are only so many ways I can say I love this series. Since I had already read books 4 and 5 out of order this one filled in some of the gaps and questions I had. I must say, for a small town they sure do have a lot of crazy, evil people. Think I will read #4 again.
Sian Taylor
Feb 27, 2012 Sian Taylor rated it it was ok
This story dealt well with the subject of domestic abuse, but I have to say I preferred the earlier books, especially in relation to the developing relationship between Mary and Bradley. Now that they are 'together', I find myself increasingly frustrated with the relationship, and just want them to do something apart from wishy washy 'I love you' blah blah nonsense. The other thing that I find totally unbelivable in this story (as far as belivable things go in a story about a PI that sees ghosts ...more
Gill Chivas
Jul 11, 2015 Gill Chivas rated it really liked it
In this 3rd book of the series the characters are developing well and I'm enjoying the storylines. About to start book 4!
Dec 30, 2015 Darkslyric rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies
These books are my guilty pleasure. Mary, Bradley, Stanley and Rosie are great characters. A little mystery, a little comedy and just an all around good feeling read. This book touched on domestic violence and how it can play out through the years.
Apr 04, 2016 Dora rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Sins of the fathers

In this book Mary O'Reilly is visited first by the ghost of Jeanine, Chief Bradley Alden's missing wife, who refuses to let Mary let him know that she is dead. Next, on Christmas Eve, a victim of domestic abuse shows up wanting Mary to find her and who killed her. As if that were not enough, Bradley is being stalked by a woman who is controlled by her dead father who abused her.

Rosie and Stanley are back as Mary's friends and would be accomplices in her ghost searches. It seem
Apr 26, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: reread-books
Love this series and really enjoyed this installment. Only complaint is the terrible formatting (kindle edition). It's another case of screwed up indentations and really gets distracting.

It's Christmas Day and Mary O'Reilly is visited by a new spirit who is the deceased wife of the Chief of Police. Jeannie wants Mary to keep her husband safe for danger is lurking nearby. In the meantime Mary is also visited by another spirit Peggy who is disheveled and seem very broken. She enlists Mary's help in finding her body and her killer. Mary has a lot on her plate but with the help of her unseen victims she is able to tr
Marilyn Groves
Mary O'Reilly continues her private investigations with the help of spirits. She is firmly in a relationship with Bradley, now Chief of Police.

There are two separate crimes that are the focus of this book. Someone (we find out who pretty early) is killing off law enforcement and emergency responders, including the previous Chief of Police. And there appears to be a serious case of domestic violence going on in the community.

Didn't find this one as appealing as the first two. There was another re
Roxie Prince
May 10, 2015 Roxie Prince rated it really liked it

First off, I loved the dedication of this book to everyone who has suffered from abuse of one form or another. The whole theme of this book touched me, but especially that dedication. I've said this in all of my "reviews" so far, but I am thoroughly enjoying this series. I read a lot of horror, so while I came into this series hoping for a scare, I have been pleasantly surprised to find heartwarming tales that have truly touched my heart and made me care about these characters. It's a n
Apr 10, 2016 Myra rated it it was ok
Very disappointing. Like the first book, the editing on this one is not good. It's probably worse than the first book. And if you recall from my reviews, it had gotten better with book 2, so I can't figure out what happened. There was one entire chapter that was almost incomprehensible due to bad editing.

And sadly, the story wasn't much better. It was sort of all over the place, with all sorts of really bizarre characters that I think were just there to create drama. But all they really created
PeggyAnn  Smith
Dec 31, 2014 PeggyAnn Smith rated it really liked it
Domestic Violence Can Result In Murder

The subject matter of this book almost kept me from reading it.
I came from a verbally abusive marriage of 8 years and even though
I have always considered myself a strong woman...during that period
of time in my life I was reduced to a shell of my former self. But...I'm
glad I went ahead and read this book. Even in a fictional story it was
GREAT to see these vengeful, controlling +#?$@//:+ get their just due.

Always Happy to Review Good Reads for Book Lovers Eve
Virginia Bass
Jul 09, 2014 Virginia Bass rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!! More Than I Anticipated!!!

Wonderful. I began this book hoping it would live up to the standards of the first two of the series. Wow, did it ever. Again, I couldn't put it down. Five stars for sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the familiar characters from "Loose Ends" and "Good Tidings." The storyline was intriguing, holding my interest and having me turning pages far into the wee hours. It was well worth it. I eagerly recommend this book, and anything by this author, to anyone seeking an "e
Cheryl Landmark
Mar 10, 2015 Cheryl Landmark rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Although the first two books in this series were strong 5-star ratings for me, this one fell just a little flat, and I didn't enjoy it quite as much.

Maybe it was the annoying withholding of crucial information that is one of my pet peeves with books. Why, oh, why, do people insist on the whole "I can't tell you anything. You have to find out for yourself." tired trope when so much heartache, drama and tension could be relieved by a simple conversation? (view spoiler)
Oct 07, 2013 Whitney rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, ghosts, cops
When I start a new series I give a little leeway with the first book. It might be the authors first time writing or he/she might need time go to get to know her characters along with the rest of us. That being said, I expect the books to get better, hit their stride around book three. Well, unfortunately that is not the case here. This book had great potential, but just fell short. The bad guy was reviled to early, and Mary (who's supposed to be a decorated ex-police officer) made stupid rookie ...more
Apr 23, 2016 Melody rated it it was amazing
There is a curse killing off local police and firefighters in the area. All, seemingly healthy individuals drop dead. And their autopsies all show natural causes. What could be the cause? When police chief Bradley starts having severe abdominal pains Mary is very interesting in making sure he isn't a victim of the curse. When his dead wife appears to her and asks Mary to keep him safe she knows there is great risk. An excellent listen on audio book. Very creepy villainess!
Jeanie Jackson
Aug 26, 2016 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it
Domestic abuse and the way evil can warp life are the focus of this darker but just as awesome tale. Never Forgotten brings us face to face with greater evil than we have seen before but Mary refuses to back down in her battle to help those who turn to her and to save one she cares about. This book begins right were Good Tidings ends and carries us to the New Year. Brad and Mary clarify their relationship but Mary must make a promise that could come between them forever.
Jul 02, 2012 Maureen rated it really liked it

Definitely another page turner with light read with characters, whom we now know and love. The Story begins with Mary receiving a ghostly visitor, who is confused and cannot rest without a proper burial.

Third In the Mary O'Reilly series, the author leads Mary to find the resting places of women who suffered domestic violence. While trying to help women who were brutally abused and murdered find rest, she is also visited by Jeannine Alden, the ghost of Bradley Alden's first wife, Jeannine help
Jul 13, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
These books are a tightly written series. This book starts within the next week of the previous book's ending. It has plot lines that have started with the first book and continue into the next book. I'm hoping that I do not run out of money before I find out who killed Jeannine. I'm still enjoying them so I will continue reading the series. Nice characters, good dialogue, interesting problems to be solved.
Feb 16, 2014 Marti rated it really liked it
In this third book in the series, the subject of domestic abuse and its long term effects is explored. We also get to meet Bradley's wife. These little books are fast moving with characters that it is very easy to like and care about. Literature it's not but if you like a quick-reading mystery - this one was a bit less "cozy" than the others so far - give this series a look.
Jul 28, 2015 Mac rated it it was ok
The first was a great book with a few flaws and each book after has lost what made the first book so great. We are no longer guessing who the killer is. We are just told. So many potential areas for this series to be great but it just keeps falling flat. Not sure how the rest of the series will play out or if it will hold my interest for that many books.
Jan 02, 2015 R.L. rated it it was amazing
This is one of those series that once begun IS hard to stop getting and reading the next. I love that the two main detectives are flawed enough to love and laugh with. This one had Bradley near death. There were lots of ghosts that needed help. Mary had a serious problem and may have acquired another sidekick.
Nov 23, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Terri Reid's Mary O'Rielly books are just great. The story flows nicely, the ghosts are main characters of the books. I love a ghost book where there is more then just a mention of a ghost. There is romance included but it's not over powering like in some books. Mary really gets into a lot of scrapes, people just love beating on her. I can't wait to get ahold to the rest of the series.
Dec 31, 2015 Jean rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Another Good Book

This was another great book in the series. It did not have as much humor in it as the other 2 books but it still was ok. While each book does come to some ending it also leaves off on other items for the next book. I will eventually get that one but due to the price, it will have to be much later.
Nov 03, 2015 Rebecca rated it liked it
I am enjoying this series although they are a bit simplistic. the one storyline that I want finalized is the one being drawn out over several books. The addition of Ian promises to be interesting. if the author could increase the suspense and tension a little, this would be a really good series.
Ellen Thielen
Feb 18, 2015 Ellen Thielen rated it liked it
i'm starting to get into this series about a female PI who almost died from a gunshot, only to awaken wit the ability to see ghosts. As a former policewoman, she feels compelled to "help" those who appear to her. Along with the action is a fair amount of humor..
Sep 20, 2014 Vicki rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This is the third book in the series and I've quite enjoyed each one. They are quick, light, easy reads, an enjoyable experience and I read for enjoyment so what more needs to be said. The relationship between Mary and the Police Chief is moving along very nicely. It will be interesting to see what happens next.
  • When the Dead Speak (Sam Casey Mystery, #1)
  • Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood, #3)
  • Fatal Storm
  • For Sale: Old Manor House (free ghosts included)
  • Haunted (A Bridgeton Park Cemetery Book)
  • Angel Food and Devil Dogs (Maggie Gale Mystery, #1)
  • Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby, #4)
  • Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #5)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • The Hauntings of Cold Creek Hollow
  • Keeper of the Castle (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #5)
  • If Bread Could Rise to the Occasion  (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #3)
  • Stolen Passions (Forbidden Passions, #1)
  • Snake Eyes (The Masks, #3)
  • The Apothecary's Daughter
  • A Hard Day's Fright (Pepper Martin #7)
Terri Reid is the author of the Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mysteries. An indie author, Reid uploaded her first book “Loose Ends” in August 2010. By the end of 2012, “Loose Ends” had sold over 82,000 copies and, as of the writing of this bio, was the number one bestselling book in Amazon’s ranking of Ghost Stories in the Book/Literature & Fiction/Genre Fiction/Horror/Ghosts section and the number ...more
More about Terri Reid...

Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Loose Ends (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #1)
  • Good Tidings (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #2)
  • Final Call (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #4)
  • Darkness Exposed (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #5)
  • Natural Reaction (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #6)
  • Secret Hollows (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #7)
  • Broken Promises (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #8)
  • Twisted Paths (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #9)
  • Veiled Passages (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #10)
  • Bumpy Roads (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #11)

“Don’t try to be logical when I’m being emotional,” 1 likes
“Why is life so complicated? she wondered. What happened to happily-ever-after? “Just because it isn’t smooth doesn’t mean it can’t be happy.” 0 likes