Start by marking “Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)

Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  2,072 ratings  ·  99 reviews
Bradley crept forward between the tall narrow aisles created by the shelves. Just before he reached the corner he heard a thump, the sound of a body hitting the floor. He rushed forward into the corner of the room.

The desk was empty. The chair was pushed up against it, neatly awaiting its usual occupant. No one was in the corner. No one was there to make the sound. No one…
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 244 pages
Published March 15th 2011 by Terri Reid

To ask other readers questions about Never Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Forgotten

Neva
OK - this series was never anything other than bubble gum for the mind, but the first 2 books were interesting and entertaining. Then book 3 goes all Christian. Weird. I guess I should be grateful I have one less series to read.
Anita Truong
The writing style for Terri Reid's Mary O'Reilly mysteries seem to be getting better as each book comes out, which is a plus. However, this third book in the series doesn't seem to be as exciting as the first book (much like the second book wasn't as exciting). We've got a whole slew of mentally disturbed victim/murderers here who are a result of childhood traumas, resulting in innocently dead bystanders. The concept isn't so bad and DOES touch on the awareness of domestic violence, tying in wit ...more
Sian Taylor
This story dealt well with the subject of domestic abuse, but I have to say I preferred the earlier books, especially in relation to the developing relationship between Mary and Bradley. Now that they are 'together', I find myself increasingly frustrated with the relationship, and just want them to do something apart from wishy washy 'I love you' blah blah nonsense. The other thing that I find totally unbelivable in this story (as far as belivable things go in a story about a PI that sees ghosts ...more
Kathy Williamson
Emily
Love this series and really enjoyed this installment. Only complaint is the terrible formatting (kindle edition). It's another case of screwed up indentations and really gets distracting.
Kathy
NEVER FORGOTTEN (MARY O"REILLY PARANORMAL MYSTERY #3) by Terri Reid

It's Christmas Day and Mary O'Reilly is visited by a new spirit who is the deceased wife of the Chief of Police. Jeannie wants Mary to keep her husband safe for danger is lurking nearby. In the meantime Mary is also visited by another spirit Peggy who is disheveled and seem very broken. She enlists Mary's help in finding her body and her killer. Mary has a lot on her plate but with the help of her unseen victims she is able to tr
Marilyn Groves
Mary O'Reilly continues her private investigations with the help of spirits. She is firmly in a relationship with Bradley, now Chief of Police.

There are two separate crimes that are the focus of this book. Someone (we find out who pretty early) is killing off law enforcement and emergency responders, including the previous Chief of Police. And there appears to be a serious case of domestic violence going on in the community.

Didn't find this one as appealing as the first two. There was another re
PeggyAnn  Smith
Domestic Violence Can Result In Murder

The subject matter of this book almost kept me from reading it.
I came from a verbally abusive marriage of 8 years and even though
I have always considered myself a strong woman...during that period
of time in my life I was reduced to a shell of my former self. But...I'm
glad I went ahead and read this book. Even in a fictional story it was
GREAT to see these vengeful, controlling +#?$@//:+ get their just due.

Always Happy to Review Good Reads for Book Lovers Eve
Virginia Bass
Wonderful!!! More Than I Anticipated!!!

Wonderful. I began this book hoping it would live up to the standards of the first two of the series. Wow, did it ever. Again, I couldn't put it down. Five stars for sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the familiar characters from "Loose Ends" and "Good Tidings." The storyline was intriguing, holding my interest and having me turning pages far into the wee hours. It was well worth it. I eagerly recommend this book, and anything by this author, to anyone seeking an "e
Cheryl Landmark
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Although the first two books in this series were strong 5-star ratings for me, this one fell just a little flat, and I didn't enjoy it quite as much.

Maybe it was the annoying withholding of crucial information that is one of my pet peeves with books. Why, oh, why, do people insist on the whole "I can't tell you anything. You have to find out for yourself." tired trope when so much heartache, drama and tension could be relieved by a simple conversation? (view spoiler)
Whitney
When I start a new series I give a little leeway with the first book. It might be the authors first time writing or he/she might need time go to get to know her characters along with the rest of us. That being said, I expect the books to get better, hit their stride around book three. Well, unfortunately that is not the case here. This book had great potential, but just fell short. The bad guy was reviled to early, and Mary (who's supposed to be a decorated ex-police officer) made stupid rookie ...more
Maureen

Definitely another page turner with light read with characters, whom we now know and love. The Story begins with Mary receiving a ghostly visitor, who is confused and cannot rest without a proper burial.

Third In the Mary O'Reilly series, the author leads Mary to find the resting places of women who suffered domestic violence. While trying to help women who were brutally abused and murdered find rest, she is also visited by Jeannine Alden, the ghost of Bradley Alden's first wife, Jeannine help
Marti
In this third book in the series, the subject of domestic abuse and its long term effects is explored. We also get to meet Bradley's wife. These little books are fast moving with characters that it is very easy to like and care about. Literature it's not but if you like a quick-reading mystery - this one was a bit less "cozy" than the others so far - give this series a look.
R.L.
This is one of those series that once begun IS hard to stop getting and reading the next. I love that the two main detectives are flawed enough to love and laugh with. This one had Bradley near death. There were lots of ghosts that needed help. Mary had a serious problem and may have acquired another sidekick.
Teresa
Terri Reid's Mary O'Rielly books are just great. The story flows nicely, the ghosts are main characters of the books. I love a ghost book where there is more then just a mention of a ghost. There is romance included but it's not over powering like in some books. Mary really gets into a lot of scrapes, people just love beating on her. I can't wait to get ahold to the rest of the series.
Ellen Thielen
i'm starting to get into this series about a female PI who almost died from a gunshot, only to awaken wit the ability to see ghosts. As a former policewoman, she feels compelled to "help" those who appear to her. Along with the action is a fair amount of humor..
Vicki
This is the third book in the series and I've quite enjoyed each one. They are quick, light, easy reads, an enjoyable experience and I read for enjoyment so what more needs to be said. The relationship between Mary and the Police Chief is moving along very nicely. It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Fallon
Amazing.

This third installment is amazing! There was never a dull moment. I get sucked into this series so much that I am up until 2am reading, and I have to get up with a toddler in the morning hehe. Love this series.
Donna Earnhart
Good Read...

Enjoyed reading this book. Kept my interest. The Mary O' Reilly series never disappoints this reader. They always seem to keep me reading long after I should have been asleep.
Donna King
Another good mystery

I really like the main characters in this series and am looking forward to seeing what happens next. The books get better with each new release.
Adrienne Testa
The nuts come out in this story about domestic abuse. Mary has her hands full with all the ghosts coming her way. Bradley is being poisoned by the nutty coroner with herbal tea, killing men with her herbal potions her mother taught her how to make. Her father is killed by the mother after years of being abused. The father being mummified in the basement by the coroner. Bradley's wife shows up asking Mary to him, Yep, Bradley's wife is dead and as Mary's client Mary can't tell him. Mary has a sid ...more
rebecca hamilton
Wonderful read.

I would have to say this book was a great read ,it kept your interest and yet was funny and easy. to fallow. Very enjoyable.
Amy
I still like the series, although I did not care for all of the christian vibes. I'll read the next book, but will stop the series if it's so religious
Angel
Never forgotten

This is another slam dunk for Terrie. I jus enjoy Mary and her crew. This book was full of mystery, suspense and good old horror.
Enid
Good story.

After reading a couple of these books I noticed a pattern in them but I still read it to the end and enjoyed it.
Linda Cole
Very good

Couldn't put it down read all night. Lot of ghosts to help Mary come to the rescue. Still more unsolved mysteries ahead
Patricia Brown
I like the book

The story was good I like ghost story and when people can see them and talk to the is even better.....
Christina
This one was a great read. Angela and the corpse in the basement? Freaky, macabre, and surprisingly heartbreaking. The ending unraveled well and I enjoyed the addition of Mike. Of course, I immediately moved onto the next book.

If there was anything I would change about the series, I would hope for an editor to clean things up a bit. While I do expect eBooks to have a few grammatical/spelling errors, Terri Reid is too good a writer to have such minor errors left in her books.
cindy hyson
Terri Reid did it again

This is the third book I've read in her series and love it. Mary and Bradley are so good together. Can't wait to read number four.
Robbie
This is my third Mary O'Reilly book and I found it enjoyable. I like the paranormal aspect of it; it's a bit of a welcome change from the more intense, heart-pounding mystery/thrillers I usually read. I give this one 4.3 stars.
  • The Good Die Twice
  • Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood, #3)
  • When the Dead Speak (Sam Casey Mystery, #1)
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • Dead People (Haunted Hearts #1)
  • Chance of a Ghost (Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4)
  • Angel Food and Devil Dogs (Maggie Gale Mystery, #1)
  • I'll See You In Your Dreams
  • American Vampire (Vampire for Hire, #3)
  • For Sale: Old Manor House (free ghosts included)
  • Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #5)
  • The Hauntings of Cold Creek Hollow
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • If Bread Could Rise to the Occasion  (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #3)
  • These Haunts Are Made For Walking (Haunted Tour Guide Mystery Book 1)
  • Two-Faced (The Masks, #2)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • The Apothecary's Daughter
4192570
Terri Reid is the author of the Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mysteries. An indie author, Reid uploaded her first book “Loose Ends” in August 2010. By the end of 2012, “Loose Ends” had sold over 82,000 copies and, as of the writing of this bio, was the number one bestselling book in Amazon’s ranking of Ghost Stories in the Book/Literature & Fiction/Genre Fiction/Horror/Ghosts section and the number ...more
More about Terri Reid...

Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Loose Ends (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #1)
  • Good Tidings (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #2)
  • Final Call (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #4)
  • Darkness Exposed (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #5)
  • Natural Reaction (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #6)
  • Secret Hollows (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #7)
  • Broken Promises (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #8)
  • Twisted Paths (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #9)
  • Veiled Passages (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #10)
  • Bumpy Roads (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #11)
Loose Ends (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #1) Good Tidings (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #2) Final Call (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #4) Darkness Exposed (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #5) Natural Reaction (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #6)

“Why is life so complicated? she wondered. What happened to happily-ever-after? “Just because it isn’t smooth doesn’t mean it can’t be happy.” 0 likes
“One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year. 85% of domestic violence victims are women. Historically, females have been most often victimized by someone they knew. Females who are 20-24 years of age are at the greatest risk of nonfatal intimate partner violence. Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police. Witnessing violence between one’s parents or caretakers is the strongest risk factor of transmitting violent behavior from one generation to the next. Boys who witness domestic violence are twice as likely to abuse their own partners and children when they become adults. 30% to 60% of perpetrators of intimate partner violence also abuse children in the household.” 0 likes