Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)

Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,604 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Bradley crept forward between the tall narrow aisles created by the shelves. Just before he reached the corner he heard a thump, the sound of a body hitting the floor. He rushed forward into the corner of the room.

The desk was empty. The chair was pushed up against it, neatly awaiting its usual occupant. No one was in the corner. No one was there to make the sound. No one…...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 244 pages
Published March 15th 2011 by Terri Reid

To ask other readers questions about Never Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Forgotten

Neva
OK - this series was never anything other than bubble gum for the mind, but the first 2 books were interesting and entertaining. Then book 3 goes all Christian. Weird. I guess I should be grateful I have one less series to read.
Anita Truong
The writing style for Terri Reid's Mary O'Reilly mysteries seem to be getting better as each book comes out, which is a plus. However, this third book in the series doesn't seem to be as exciting as the first book (much like the second book wasn't as exciting). We've got a whole slew of mentally disturbed victim/murderers here who are a result of childhood traumas, resulting in innocently dead bystanders. The concept isn't so bad and DOES touch on the awareness of domestic violence, tying in wit...more
Sian Taylor
This story dealt well with the subject of domestic abuse, but I have to say I preferred the earlier books, especially in relation to the developing relationship between Mary and Bradley. Now that they are 'together', I find myself increasingly frustrated with the relationship, and just want them to do something apart from wishy washy 'I love you' blah blah nonsense. The other thing that I find totally unbelivable in this story (as far as belivable things go in a story about a PI that sees ghosts...more
Emily
Love this series and really enjoyed this installment. Only complaint is the terrible formatting (kindle edition). It's another case of screwed up indentations and really gets distracting.
Marilyn Groves
Mary O'Reilly continues her private investigations with the help of spirits. She is firmly in a relationship with Bradley, now Chief of Police.

There are two separate crimes that are the focus of this book. Someone (we find out who pretty early) is killing off law enforcement and emergency responders, including the previous Chief of Police. And there appears to be a serious case of domestic violence going on in the community.

Didn't find this one as appealing as the first two. There was another re...more
Virginia Bass
Wonderful!!! More Than I Anticipated!!!

Wonderful. I began this book hoping it would live up to the standards of the first two of the series. Wow, did it ever. Again, I couldn't put it down. Five stars for sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the familiar characters from "Loose Ends" and "Good Tidings." The storyline was intriguing, holding my interest and having me turning pages far into the wee hours. It was well worth it. I eagerly recommend this book, and anything by this author, to anyone seeking an "e...more
Whitney
When I start a new series I give a little leeway with the first book. It might be the authors first time writing or he/she might need time go to get to know her characters along with the rest of us. That being said, I expect the books to get better, hit their stride around book three. Well, unfortunately that is not the case here. This book had great potential, but just fell short. The bad guy was reviled to early, and Mary (who's supposed to be a decorated ex-police officer) made stupid rookie...more
Maureen

Definitely another page turner with light read with characters, whom we now know and love. The Story begins with Mary receiving a ghostly visitor, who is confused and cannot rest without a proper burial.

Third In the Mary O'Reilly series, the author leads Mary to find the resting places of women who suffered domestic violence. While trying to help women who were brutally abused and murdered find rest, she is also visited by Jeannine Alden, the ghost of Bradley Alden's first wife, Jeannine help...more
Marti
In this third book in the series, the subject of domestic abuse and its long term effects is explored. We also get to meet Bradley's wife. These little books are fast moving with characters that it is very easy to like and care about. Literature it's not but if you like a quick-reading mystery - this one was a bit less "cozy" than the others so far - give this series a look.
Adrienne Testa
The nuts come out in this story about domestic abuse. Mary has her hands full with all the ghosts coming her way. Bradley is being poisoned by the nutty coroner with herbal tea, killing men with her herbal potions her mother taught her how to make. Her father is killed by the mother after years of being abused. The father being mummified in the basement by the coroner. Bradley's wife shows up asking Mary to him, Yep, Bradley's wife is dead and as Mary's client Mary can't tell him. Mary has a sid...more
Amy
I still like the series, although I did not care for all of the christian vibes. I'll read the next book, but will stop the series if it's so religious
Christina
This one was a great read. Angela and the corpse in the basement? Freaky, macabre, and surprisingly heartbreaking. The ending unraveled well and I enjoyed the addition of Mike. Of course, I immediately moved onto the next book.

If there was anything I would change about the series, I would hope for an editor to clean things up a bit. While I do expect eBooks to have a few grammatical/spelling errors, Terri Reid is too good a writer to have such minor errors left in her books.
Robbie
This is my third Mary O'Reilly book and I found it enjoyable. I like the paranormal aspect of it; it's a bit of a welcome change from the more intense, heart-pounding mystery/thrillers I usually read. I give this one 4.3 stars.
Sheryl
I thought this third book in the series was just eh. The "mysteries" were lackluster and I couldn't work up any excitement over either of them. Even the normal interactions between the characters just fell flat for me on this one too. I was really glad it was short so I could breeze through it just to see if the storyline between Mary and Bradley went anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep reading this series. Maybe down the road I will try again.
Dianne
I really like this series, but I think you need to read it in small doses. None of the books really end in a cliff-hanger so you don't have to move onto the next book immediately. All the books are similar and pretty predictable, but the third was even more predictable and somewhat boring, but probably because I read the first three books back to back. I'm going to move onto something else and then come back to this series. I'm still a fan.
Mary-nancy
The third book in the Mary O'Reilly series and it just keeps getting better and better. The characters keep growing and are so easy to fall in love with. Some of the ghosts are so awesome you don't want them to cross over but when they do you know that they are in better places. Terri keeps you captivated from the first word until the very end! And she leaves you wanting more!
This one was ok. Started off strong with the story-line and plot, but ended kinda weak. I think a lot of the dialogue surrounding the stalker Angela was pretty weak. The verbiage itself made the book feel like it was written for middle-school aged kids, as opposed to a grown-up's book.

I will still continue to read the books, as I enjoy the "ghost" stories.
Ruth Boynton
This is the Sue Grafton of the paranormal! Great sense of humor intertwined with a little bit of mystery in there. Bradley and Mary, Stanley and Rosie carry you through the series with fun and excitement. AND it all takes place just a few miles south of where I actually live! It was fun to read towns I am familiar with mentioned in a book!
Belladora Ahumada
All I can say is Bravo! It held me tight enough I finished it in a day. I love the way Terri creates her characters. You become part of the story with your visions following hers as if you were looking over her shoulder when she was writing. Thanks again. Off I go into book #4 - I too grew up several years in a haunted house as a kid.
Bu
Terri Reid is a great author...I love her Mary O Reilly paranormal series. Mary and Bradley romantic story is very intriguing. I wish though it would move a little quicker, but this last installment gives me hope for another book in the series. This is a good read filled with just the right amount of romance and action.
Jenny Bates
Once again, another fun, fast read. Now I am sad bc I am finished with all of her books!!! I love her use of the paranormal and I love how there us no sex or language in any of her books. Reid is one of my new favorites now and I can't wait for her next installment!
Valerie
Instead of doing an individual review for each book, because I read through them to fast to stop I wrote one for the whole series.

See the review on my blog:

Dan
Started out pretty slow, took until a little over half way through the book before it started getting good. The ending was very well done, and overall I did enjoy this book, I just wish it hadn't taken so long to get going.
Selenis
It's good, despite not so focused as the others... There are a lot of ghosts, a lot of stories and problems to solve and some issues that are being ignored.
Nonetheless, still liked it and want to keep on reading
Janet
Dec 05, 2012 Janet marked it as to-read
Just started this last night .... but of course I like the book.
I like the Mary O'Reilly character and the others in the book.
Although her storyline in this book may be harder to read ... a little scarier.
Karen
Even though I figured the plot out near the beginning of the book, the characters made it worth reading. There were some twists that I didn't predict and some new characters that are worth exploring.
Kjen
I do totally love this little series! Mary and Bradley are adorable, as always. Lots of worrying about Bradley in this one. Looking forward to seeing if the next one holds some resolution for Bradley's past.
Tina Weaver
This is book 3 and I thought the story line was a good one. I like Mary and her relationship and problems with it. I love her strength to go after something even if it might mean she puts herself in danger.
Annie Jacks
This one is my favorite so far. I enjoy the surprises and the love show in this book. I think and hope all the rest will be as exciting. I look forward to seeing were the ghost of his wife takes them.
Ursula Bauer
This series keeps me coming back from more. Mary's getting much more entrenched in her field, her connection to the hero, and the story adds some twists to the overall arc. A very enjoyable read.
  • Old Haunts (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3)
  • Better Off Dead In Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery # 4)
  • Dead People (Haunted Hearts, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Goblins (Dulcie O'Neil, #2)
  • The Apothecary
  • Never Tease a Siamese (Leigh Koslow Mystery #5)
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • The Last Queen of England (A Genealogical Crime Mystery #3)
  • The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic
  • Where All the Dead Lie (Taylor Jackson, #7)
  • Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby, #4)
  • Morgue Drawer Next Door (Morgue Drawer, #2)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Siren's Song (Bandit Creek, #2)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
4192570
Terri Reid is the author of the Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mysteries. An indie author, Reid uploaded her first book “Loose Ends” in August 2010. By the end of 2012, “Loose Ends” had sold over 82,000 copies and, as of the writing of this bio, was the number one bestselling book in Amazon’s ranking of Ghost Stories in the Book/Literature & Fiction/Genre Fiction/Horror/Ghosts section and the number...more
More about Terri Reid...
Loose Ends (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #1) Good Tidings (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #2) Final Call (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #4) Darkness Exposed (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #5) Natural Reaction (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #6)