Start by marking “I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave: A Novel” as Want to Read:
I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave: A Novel

I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave: A Novel (Domestic Equalizers #7)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  29 reviews
When someone makes a killing in the country music business, it's time to call in Debbie Sue and Edwina—the Domestic Equalizers—whose motto is, "Don't get mad, get evidence."

The career of former Queen of Country Music, Darla Denman, ain't what it used to be. No more big arenas—she's lucky to fill a barroom—and now she's forced to tour (by bus!) with the detestable Roxie Jo,
Published April 5th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 17th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave

Sara
Thanks but no thanks. The author tried way to hard to create quintessential small-town Texas. Nothing really happened until the last third of the book. Don't waste your time.
Traci
When someone makes a killing in the country music business, it's time to call in Debbie Sue and Edwina - the Domestic Equalizers - whose motto is, "don't get mad, get evidence." The career of former Queen of Country Music Darla Denman ain't what it used to be. No more big arenas - she's lucky to fill a barroom - and now she's forced to tour (by bus!) with the detestable Roxie Jo, current wife of Darla's manager/ex-husband. So when her rattletrap tour bus gives up the ghost outside tiny Salt Lick ...more
Catherine
When I picked this book up I was under the mistaken impression that it was a mystery. I knew it would have comedy in, but I honestly thought it would be a funny mystery like the Stephanie Plum books. It turns out, this book is Chick-Lit. Now, if you’re a Chick-Lit lover then that’s great, but I am most definitely not. The mystery did finally crop up around page 200, but it was too late to win me over. Especially when it wasn’t even a serious mystery.

The setup for Darla and her gang was humorous,
Mendy
This is a murder mystery where the murder doesn't even happen until the last 1/4 of the book. Most of it is just background information about how nasty the one murdered was. There is a surprising switch at the end of the book that I didn't see coming. Probably should have but that it what I love about DIxie Cash. I get wrapped up on the humor, characters, and the witty one liners I forget about the "mystery" the Domestic Equalizers are trying to solve.
Roberta Sallee
I picked this book up at the library randomly and was surprised and pleased at how much I enjoyed it.

One question, though, to those who've read it: How did the husbands know to come and rescue the "detectives" at the funeral home? I feel like a page was missing.

I enjoyed the characters and their interactions. When they got to Nashville and I totally identified with the places and locations she included.

Jessica
I loved this book all the way through until the very end. The twist at the end was too bizarre for me to even wrap my head around and seemed totally unnecessary. I usually love the books in this series and I was patiently waiting for this one to come out and I am sad that I was disappointed at "who-dun-it". Hoping that the next book gets back on track!
Joelle
This was a nice easy read to pass the time. Love these two women detectives running and agency and running a salon and how well they get along together. I missed the tons of laughs in this book but caught myself smiling every now and then they do some crazy things like play poker with candy bars. LOL
Julie
I love hairdressers and I love amateur sleuths and I love Southern women, but the crime to be solved in this book didn't even occur until more than two-thirds of the way through the book. And it's not like the build up to it was gripping. Disappointing.
Shannon
This was my least favorite of the Domestic Equalizer books. For the most part, in my opinion, the story dragged along for the first 3/4 of the book and then the ending was rushed and not as well written as I have come to expect from the Dixie Cash sisters.
Kathy Leitle
I read the books in this series just because the titles are so fun and the interaction between the two main characters, Debbie Sue and Edwina, makes me laugh. Some of the lines are laugh-out-loud funny.
Donna B.
I have really enjoyed the series of books from Dixie Cash. I hope the sisters will continue writing!
The expressions and the characters Debbie Sue and Edwina are hilarious.
Jan
not a mystery, not a great plot, so so writing, but Debbie Sue and Edwina are fun, and the titles in this series are amusing
Valerie
Great book. I really enjoyed reading once I finally had the time to sit down and read it. Good for an easy and light read.
Julia Wilson
Another good one with many twists. However, I am taking a break from her books. Think I need something different.
Darlene
I always enjoy anything from Dixie Cash. Fun reads in between something more intense. They are funny.
Bonnie Lazaruk

It was okay. I don't think I will read another by this author. The titles are sure cute.
Gretchen
I just love this series. The hilarious hijinx these characters end up in is always entertaining.
Stefanie
This is a good series. this book is not as fast paced as the first 3 books.
Shelly Castille
Not their best work. It was okay, but earlier books were better
Diane
Started off real slow. Not like Cash's other novels.
Theresa
Good easy reading, but nothing that takes much thought!
April
I finally figured out "who done it" long before the end.
Melanie
I've read others by this author and enjoy them.
Gladys
Quick, funny summer read
Susan
This was my least favorite.
Chanpreet
I loved it! :)
PWRL
Oct 08, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
  • Happily Ever Madder: Misadventures of a Mad Fat Girl
  • Here's to Friends! (The Four Lindas, #4)
  • The Blue-Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee (Cadillac, Texas, #1)
  • P.S.
  • Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • Meet Me at Emotional Baggage Claim
  • Lucky Stiff (Lucky O'Toole #2)
  • Getting Warmer
  • The Big Bang
  • Shot Through Velvet (Crime of Fashion, #7)
  • With a Little Luck
  • Tell Me, Pretty Maiden (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #7)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Rhino Ranch
  • The Hotel Riviera
  • Southern Fried Sushi (Southern Fried Sushi #1)
  • Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together cr ...more
More about Dixie Cash...
Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers Book 1) My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2) Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4) I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3) Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)