Start by marking “Just for the Night” as Want to Read:
Just for the Night

Just for the Night (24 Hours: Blackout #4)

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Power outages happen, and you have to be somewherelike in an empty storewith your ex. Who is still irresistible. And hot. And who knows how to make the most out of a dark situation.

Checklist for: Larissa Zahn

Food

Water

First aid kit (With condoms. Be prepared. Very, very prepared.)

Someone you're still overwhelmingly into (Jason Cantrell, I'm looking at you.)

Plenty of

Published April 19th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Just for the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just for the Night

Wendy
Oct 17, 2014 Wendy rated it it was ok
The sex in this novel was great. Super hot. Love angst? Plenty of it. So what was the problem? Based on those two aspects, you would think you'd have a recipe for a successful romance novel, but nope, couldn't be more wrong.

The author's note said that she wanted to write a story about two people who clearly were right for each other, but needed the time to figure it all out. But you know what? After reading the entire book, I actually don't think they're right for each other. I don't think they'
Kitty Felone
Mar 14, 2015 Kitty Felone rated it did not like it
I tried to read this. I really did. I even made it through half the first chapter.

But that's pretty much where it ended.

Maybe it's because the writer is too wordy... no, no that's pretty much it. The writer is obnoxiously wordy. She talks and narrates so much that it slows down the pace of the story. I want to read a good story that keeps a good pace between action and dialogue. She doesn't do this well.

In fact, she doesn't do it at all. She's taking so much time describing and explaining where
Michelle
Apr 05, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Just For The Night is part of the 24 Hours: Blackout series by Tawny Weber and a Romance from Harlequin Blaze.

Book Blurb:

Things to Do in a Blackout...

Power outages happen, and you have to be prepared. After all, you could be trapped somewhere - like in an empty store - with your ex. Who is still irresistible. And hot. And who knows how to make the most out of a dark situation.

Checklist for: Larissa Zahn

* Food
*Water
*First aid kit (With condoms. Be prepared. Very, very prepared.)
*Someone you’re st
Mandi Schreiner
May 16, 2011 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Larissa is known for romance. She turned an online romance column into a job for Cosmopolitan Magazine. But she now has her sights set on opening a retail store where books, movies, music and everything else a woman would need for romance could go – and she knows just the space. The Cartright Hotel has one opening left in its ritzy retail space, and Larissa wants it, badly. She meets with Conner Cartright who is not only part owner, but a childhood friend who has kept in touch. She actually brok ...more
RLA
Jun 03, 2011 RLA rated it liked it
The heroine Larissa is about to take her career one step further with the hope of winning an empty store in a brand new hotel. After she has given her pitch she is left trapped in the hotel due to a city wide blackout with the hero Jason. Jason is also hoping to win the empty store as a base for his own business. Jason and Larissa were engaged a few years back, which ended badly, very badly, after Jason was led to believe Larissa cheated on him. Larissa was deeply hurt that Jason could accuse he ...more
Melinda
Jan 21, 2012 Melinda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Current Harlequin authors seem to focus on communication more. I truly appreciate this. What I really love about romance novels is the exploration of human behavior. Larissa has been hurt by Jason in the past. At the present time, the only thing these two having going for them is excellent sex. They were almost married but he accused her of cheating and she didn’t defend herself because he should trust her. The author does a great job of showing how we go wrong in relationships. We don’t communi ...more
Habrewer
May 04, 2011 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Just for the Night by Tawny Weber
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Just for the Night finds Larissa and Jason locked in a high end mall all night with nothing but each for company. Larissa is meeting with Conner about the last retail space he has in the mall attached to his new hotel. She wants that space to open a romance store and she has convinced herself this is just what she needs to get over her ex-finance.

Jason has flown in to meet with the owners
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
What does a giant koteka, painted on chocolate and guilt have in common? A man and a woman who fell in love so fast they forgot a few basic ingredients to a relationship and have a second chance to get it right.

I liked how the author introduced each character at their current point in their lives. I found it interesting that although these two people crossed paths before and went their separate ways, like a boomerang, they’re coming full circle. But have they learned anything at all in the inte
Netanella
Jan 17, 2012 Netanella rated it liked it
Shelves: blaze
I had a hard time with the book blurb, because it didn't match my expectations for the storyline. Usually this is a problem typical of the cover image, but at least that got the curly-headed Larissa down pat. All in all, however, an enjoyable book about second chances.
Helen
May 13, 2011 Helen rated it it was amazing
This is one blazing hot book and I loved it Tawny writes such awesome stories Jason and Larissa were so made for each other. Loved the theme of being locked in a mall and no elecrticity for the night candles and chocolate set the scene.
Jamie Jones
Jun 24, 2012 Jamie Jones rated it it was amazing
This is at least the second Tawny Weber romance I've read, and it's a great read. It is part of the 24 hour blackout miniseries, which I love.
Sylvia Thoen
Mar 23, 2013 Sylvia Thoen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diversen
Standaard harlequin boekje.
Even wegzwijmelen en verstand op 0.
Lekker boekje voor tussendoor.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: 24 Hours
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Mary Lynde
Mary Lynde marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Christina Brooke
Christina Brooke rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Chris Kotrodimos
Chris Kotrodimos rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
GoodReadsAaroniero
GoodReadsAaroniero rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 20, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2015
April Yount
April Yount rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Darlene Hodge
Darlene Hodge marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
R
R added it
Sep 19, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Making a Splash
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Roped in
  • The Keeper
  • Breathless Descent
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Riley (The Mighty Quinns, #16)
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Inevitable
  • Model Marine
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • In Good Hands
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first Harlequin Blaze hit the shelves in 2007. A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.

Come by and visit her website at www.tawnyweber.com for hunky contests, delicious recipes an
More about Tawny Weber...

24 Hours: Blackout (6 books)
  • Night Moves (Harlequin Blaze #194)
  • Why Not Tonight (Harlequin Blaze #200)
  • Daring in the Dark (Harlequin Blaze, #206)
  • Mine Until Morning