De Betovering Begint (Charmed Classics, #1)

De Betovering Begint (Charmed #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  903 ratings  ·  42 reviews
In dit uur, in deze nacht,
Wend ik mij tot de Oude Macht.
Geef de Macht aan ons drie zusters,
Wij willen de Macht!
Geef ons de Macht!

Prue, Piper en Phoebe Halliwell geloofde niet dat het oplezen van een magische spreuk echt zou werken. Maar dat deed het wel. En nu kan Prue voorwerpen laten bewegen door middel van haar geest, Piper kan de tijd stilzetten en Phoebe kan de toekom...more
Mass Market Paperback, 190 pages
Published 2006 by Big Balloon (first published January 1st 1999)

Kerrie-ann
The first ever Charmed novel. This novel is all about three sisters called Phoebe, Prue and Piper who discover they are witches and become the Charmed Ones. The Charmed Ones are the most powerful witches ever. You find out in this novel about the Halliwells background history which they were never aware of, they discover their powers and find out that an evil warlock is set to kill them and steal their powers.

Prue is the oldest of the sisters, then Piper and then Phoebe is the youngest. Without...more
Noa
Novelization of the TV episode and series of the same name. The Power of Three, this book is just like the TV episode, it has the seem feel and everything. The only thing here is that you get more into the characters heads and what they really think of each other, and there are some extra scenes that aren't in the episode, but if given the time would have fit in quite nicely.

It was a good read, and has the quality of the show in it. Writing was okay, not a masterpiece but a quick, nice and easy...more
Menna
I love this anything about charmed is probably the most amazing thing in the world. the book was really nice really easy to understand and i loved it
not as much as i liked the show but it is still AMAZING
Rose
This book is written after the episode. So for this part I think it's very easy. It's totally the same. Maybe not all discription for Roger or Jeremy but it must have been easy.

I want to watch Charmed again. It's been the first series I've watched fully when I was a kid because my dad loved it and I've rewatched it every now and then or only a few episodes.
Now a good friend of mine start watching this and I was actually jealous. I'm studying for Finals. Have to many other series to rewatch and...more
Christy
Oct 19, 2012 Christy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Charmed Fans as well as All others
Shelves: charmed
The Charmed ones Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell. Sisters that aren't as close as they were when they were little; at least not Prue and Phoebe.

It mirrors the episode except for some extra scenes that are put into it. Andy and Phoebe both return to San Francisco one from Oregon one from New York. Both coming on for the first time in a while. Andy's Prue's ex-boyfriend from high school who is now an inspector.

Phoebe returning after six months of being away searching for her dad who she has not...more
Chené
rating 3.5/5 stars

I was so excited when I saw this book at the library. I absolutely loved the Charmed series when it was on TV, and couldn't wait to squeeze this pocket read in somewhere. Reading this was like visiting an old friend - I wanted to run and put on my dvd's and watch my box set all over again.

Was it the best written book? No. But I still loved it and read it in 2 sittings (it could easily have been one if we didn't get visitors). I adore Prue, Phoebe and Piper. These characters are...more
Amy
In this book we learn how Prue, Piper, and Phoebe discover their powers. Having been separated since their Grams death six months ago, the sisters become the Charmed Ones, the most powerful of witches, when they are reunited again. Prue finds their mother's old spirit board in the basement with an inscription on the back that reads, "To my three beautiful girls. May this give you the light to find the Shadows. The power of three will set you free. Love, Mom." The spirit board leads Phoebe to the...more
Maud
The Charmed TV show just wasn't enough for me, I had to read the books to and of course, you should start with the first one and just like in the first episode of Charmed, we get to meet Prue, Piper and Phoebe. Three normal sisters who by accident find out that they are witches and have to fight evil. Now if that isn't hard enough, they are also the Charmed ones, the most powerful witches and with their Power of Three need to banish demons and other evil beings. This first book shows how they st...more
Kar Wai Ng
Julie
I read this book because I love the Charmed TV show that USED to be on TNT. It was about 3 sisters who find out they are witches, the Charmed Ones and they have to fight off all kinds of demons to protect the world. I read the book all at one (it only took a couple hours) and I would have to say, it gets 3 stars. I mean, it was really good and all, but not as exciting to me. Probably because I already knew exactly what was going to happen from watching the shows like a millions times each!

But, i...more
Kaylea
I love charmed
Max
I don't think I should even rate this book, because the Charmed series (along with Buffy) got me through upper primary and secondary school. And so 13-year-old self would be biased.

Anyway this was probably my first encounter of a series that deals with magic and witchcraft. I remember I loved the series very much and would lay my hands on every single book the moment they are published/on the library shelves.
Doris
I am a huge fan of the tv series, and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, which this is. Unfortunately, without that background, this book does not have enough writing to stand alone. It doesn't flesh out the characters, or give enough background to make them seem real. For a fan, its great. Everyone else, not worth reading.
Marloes
May 21, 2010 Marloes rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who watched Charmed
Recommended to Marloes by: Charmed TV series
Shelves: witches
Good story, I already watched the entire Tv series, so nothing surprising, but it us still fun to read, because the story and the overall idea are very nice. The writing style was a bit weird though, but maybe that was just because I'm used to reading the original english versions, and this one was translated to dutch.
Amanda
I love the Charmed TV series and read this because I love the show so much. I found that while I liked the book, the show is definetly better for the magical aspects, pacing etc. This might be biased as I loved the show so much but I thought that it was a good read but I would pick the show over these spin off books any day.
Angel
Back in the day when there wasn't TV to DVD I had no idea how the Charmed ones came to be. It came to me on a whim today that I read this novel to find out. Now if only I could remember more books that I've read. :( My rating really has nothing to do with what I thought about the book as I don't remember.
Angela
May 12, 2010 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela by: Tsjara
Shelves: witch
I finished this little book in record time. It was as enjoyable as re-watching the pilot episode, and I really did miss Prue in the later seasons (in fact, I stopped watching it until the last episode, which did tie things up nicely).
Sharon
The first Charmed pocket, one of my guilty pleasures. This book was good, but I felt as if too much was taken from the series pilot (first episode) which was a shame. I would have loved for it to be more excited.
06RileyM
awsome book! if ur into magic and mystery, then this is defenetly the book for you!!! You have to read it to understand what im talking about! Its really intertaning to read!! READ IT!!(:
Melissa Mannon
Pure fun fluff! Not great writing, but great story and characters. I'm so glad to be sharing these with my daughter in my second time through
Brigitte
I love the CHARMED TV series... but i stopped watching when they killed Prue off... she was my favorite character
Najad Zamirah
The first series of the book..I read it when the Charmed show was popular on television..Ever since that, I'm hooked
MsDejavu
Wow I found this on here I'm surprised. I loved this show had to read the books. my favorite ones are with Prue
Harini
Oct 07, 2011 Harini marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I never knew they have Charmed books. Its one of my favorite series and I hope books are as good as the series.
Six
This was a really good first book in the series and it really related to the show.

Gwen
Like all the other Charmed novels, a great book, and just as good as the actual show.
Alex
I am bias because I am a Charmed fan but I love the books and tv show.
Samiya
I loved it. Really need to buy the others. And I should watch the series again!
Aunt
Well of course loving the shows I read all their books when I can.
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • Haunted by Desire (Charmed, #6)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Spirit of the Wolf (Charmed, #12)
  • Garden of Evil (Charmed, #13)
  • The Brewing Storm (Charmed, #25)
  • Between Worlds (Charmed, #20)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7) New York Minute Cross Our Hearts (Sweet 16, #8) Getting There (Sweet 16, #4) All That Glitters (Sweet 16, #9)

“Prue touched piper's shoulder. "Don't worry, no one's going to the attic. but theres no point in leaving the house. we are perfectly safe here."
"Don't say that!" Piper cried. "in horror movies, the person that says that is always the next to die.”
4 likes