Start by marking “Breakfast at Tiffanys (script)” as Want to Read:
Breakfast at Tiffanys (script)

Breakfast at Tiffanys (script)

Has Breakfast at Tiffany's (100 pages) plus House of Flowers, A Diamond Guitar and A Christmas Memory
Unknown Binding
Published (first published 1958)

To ask other readers questions about Breakfast at Tiffanys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakfast at Tiffanys

Lisa
Jun 19, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is it blasphemy to say that this is an instance in which I think the movie is better than the book? Breakfast at Tiffany's has always been a favorite movie of mine and until now I had never read the book. Now that I've read the book, I feel like the movie got everything exactly right...and made is all so much better. The novel is a quick read, which made me feel like the characters were never fully developed...even Holly Golightly seemed a little underwhelming in the novel, and she is supposedly ...more
Clare
Jun 09, 2012 Clare rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think nearly everyone has read this book,but always see's the movie before they read the book...i have seen the movie a million times and love the book just as much...prefer the ending in the movie though...
Karen
Aug 02, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoops, I didn't read the script ... I meant the book.
Rachel
My edition of this - liberated (read: stolen) from my aunt's bookshelf, because I believe books are made for reading, not decoration - has four short stories in it: Breakfast at Tiffany’s, House of Flowers, A Diamond Guitar and A Christmas Memory. I don't know if that's customary, but obviously I, being an idiot, thought they were chapters. Regardless.

I'm not sure what to say about them. A Christmas Memory was vapid, inconsequential, with pretty writing - but it sent a chill through me at the la
Tushar
Jul 29, 2014 Tushar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It started with 'oh! I love Audrey Hepburn, I love the movie so I will like this book'. Holly Golightly is far intense, far gentle, far elegant in the movie than in this book. Characters are not well developed in the book. I could watch the movie thousands times (again! and again!) but cant read the book one more time.
Betty
Jul 06, 2011 Betty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun book - I've always been a fan of Audrey Hepburn, who has a reputation for being not only a fine actress, but a woman of character - unusual in the Movie biz. anyway, lots of trivia and interesting tidbits about her life and the making of the movie. My favorite bit of inside info is her not so flattering impression of George Peppard.
Grace
Aug 17, 2011 Grace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
holly gets in some pretty amazing one-liners... "I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead." "Certain shades of limelight wreck a girl's complexion." and the story might as well be taken from today's city - people don't change that much...
Susan
Aug 19, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and not quite what I expected......Disney really changed it !!!! Hollis character seemed tormented throughout, and since I live much more logically I was glad the book wasn't more than 100 pages
Yvette Adams
I wanted to like it more. I felt the same about the movie. I love Audrey Hepburn so I feel like I should love this book and the film... but I just don't. I did hear Audrey's voice speaking all of Holly's lines tho. Audrey's voice was the best part of the book LOL.
Dina Octivina
suka dengan karakter Tiffany yg berani (pada zamannya tergolong berani :D), bebas berpikir, lincah, menikmati hidup, ceria, dan tidak membiarkan hal apapun termasuk uang untuk membuatnya menyingkir dari jalan yg diimpikannya.

reach your dreams, set it high! 3 stars.
Sureen
Apr 29, 2013 Sureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous book.
Nguyễn Diễm my
I'm very excited about this book
Charissa Ty
Jun 17, 2014 Charissa Ty rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book bores me. The character is uninteresting and lacks depth no matter how hard the author tries to portray her otherwise.
Zorica  Zoric
Dosadnjikava.
Kelly Robinson
Jun 04, 2014 Kelly Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!
Karlee Jean Greives
I'm sad I saw the movie a million times before I finally read the book. I liked the movie ending better :(
Heidi Miller
Jul 19, 2012 Heidi Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my new favorite books. I totally could hear Audrey Hepburn through the whole book.
Dave
Aug 05, 2015 Dave rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not for me
Tiffanie
Jun 23, 2014 Tiffanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just realized I rated the script and not the book. Meant to rate the book ;) It was fun to see where Holly Golightly started. She's a little more independent in the book.
Cameron
Dec 13, 2013 Cameron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was told from a 2nd perspective like Gatsby. Capote just wrote observations, what happened without adding judgement, it was just what other characters said that assigned judgement.
Jonathan Cho
Jonathan Cho rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Anglee
Anglee rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Andrea Jay
Andrea Jay rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Lali
Lali rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2012
Bella
Bella rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Jessica Kring
Jessica Kring rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Rebecca Budgett
Rebecca Budgett rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
April Smith
April Smith rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2012
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Bre
Bre rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
  • Cary Grant: The Lonely Heart
  • Cary Grant: Dark Angel
  • Cary Grant: A Class Apart
  • Lucille: The Life of Lucille Ball
  • Evenings with Cary Grant: Recollections in His Own Words and by Those Who Knew Him Best
  • Sri Sumarah and Other Stories
  • A Requiem for Love (Symphony Trilogy, #1)
  • Judy Garland: The Secret Life of an American Legend
  • Audrey Hepburn: The Paramount Years
  • Go Slowly, Come Back Quickly
  • Audrey Hepburn's Enchanted Tales
  • Bette Davis: A Biography
  • Just Shocking! (Andy Griffith's Just! Series)