Start by marking “Breakfast at Tiffanys (script)” as Want to Read:
Breakfast at Tiffanys (script)

Breakfast at Tiffanys (script)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Unknown Binding

To ask other readers questions about Breakfast at Tiffanys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakfast at Tiffanys

Rachel
My edition of this - liberated (read: stolen) from my aunt's bookshelf, because I believe books are made for reading, not decoration - has four short stories in it: Breakfast at Tiffany’s, House of Flowers, A Diamond Guitar and A Christmas Memory. I don't know if that's customary, but obviously I, being an idiot, thought they were chapters. Regardless.

I'm not sure what to say about them. A Christmas Memory was vapid, inconsequential, with pretty writing - but it sent a chill through me at the la
Clare
I think nearly everyone has read this book,but always see's the movie before they read the book...i have seen the movie a million times and love the book just as much...prefer the ending in the movie though...
Karen
Whoops, I didn't read the script ... I meant the book.
Tushar
It started with 'oh! I love Audrey Hepburn, I love the movie so I will like this book'. Holly Golightly is far intense, far gentle, far elegant in the movie than in this book. Characters are not well developed in the book. I could watch the movie thousands times (again! and again!) but cant read the book one more time.
Tiffanie
Just realized I rated the script and not the book. Meant to rate the book ;) It was fun to see where Holly Golightly started. She's a little more independent in the book.
Lisa
Is it blasphemy to say that this is an instance in which I think the movie is better than the book? Breakfast at Tiffany's has always been a favorite movie of mine and until now I had never read the book. Now that I've read the book, I feel like the movie got everything exactly right...and made is all so much better. The novel is a quick read, which made me feel like the characters were never fully developed...even Holly Golightly seemed a little underwhelming in the novel, and she is supposedly ...more
Charissa Ong ty
This book bores me. The character is uninteresting and lacks depth no matter how hard the author tries to portray her otherwise.
Betty
fun book - I've always been a fan of Audrey Hepburn, who has a reputation for being not only a fine actress, but a woman of character - unusual in the Movie biz. anyway, lots of trivia and interesting tidbits about her life and the making of the movie. My favorite bit of inside info is her not so flattering impression of George Peppard.
Grace
holly gets in some pretty amazing one-liners... "I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead." "Certain shades of limelight wreck a girl's complexion." and the story might as well be taken from today's city - people don't change that much...
Yvette Adams
I wanted to like it more. I felt the same about the movie. I love Audrey Hepburn so I feel like I should love this book and the film... but I just don't. I did hear Audrey's voice speaking all of Holly's lines tho. Audrey's voice was the best part of the book LOL.
Cameron
It was told from a 2nd perspective like Gatsby. Capote just wrote observations, what happened without adding judgement, it was just what other characters said that assigned judgement.
Karlee Jean Greives
I'm sad I saw the movie a million times before I finally read the book. I liked the movie ending better :(
Heidi Miller
One of my new favorite books. I totally could hear Audrey Hepburn through the whole book.
Nguyễn Diễm my
I'm very excited about this book
Starrynight700
Starrynight700 marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Jacqueline Green
Jacqueline Green marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Anna Molly
Anna Molly marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Senobar A
Senobar A is currently reading it
Nov 11, 2014
Meka
Meka marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Eileen
Eileen added it
Nov 07, 2014
Caroline Watson mua
Caroline Watson mua marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
  • Cary Grant: A Class Apart
  • Lucille: The Life of Lucille Ball
  • Evenings with Cary Grant: Recollections in His Own Words and by Those Who Knew Him Best
  • Gone with the Wind Letters
  • Sebuah Lorong di Kotaku
  • Kindly Inquisitors: The New Attacks on Free Thought
  • Audrey Hepburn: A Biography
  • Vivian Leigh
Blackmailer (Hard Case Crime #32) The Seven Year Itch Where Am I Now   When I Need Me? The Manchurian Candidate Blackmailer (Hard Case Crime (Mass Market Paperback))