Start by marking “Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)

Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,013,877 Ratings  ·  42,668 Reviews
Twilight tempted the imagination. New Moon made readers thirsty for more. Eclipse turned the saga into a worldwide phenomenon. And now, the book that everyone has been waiting for...

Breaking Dawn, the final book in the #1 bestselling Twilight Saga, will take your breath away.

Published October 11th 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published August 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Dawn, please sign up.

Alexandria You're right. Their child would be 1/4 human, 1/4 vampire and 1/2 werewolf, which would make them a threat to the Volturi. Renesmee is fertile as she…moreYou're right. Their child would be 1/4 human, 1/4 vampire and 1/2 werewolf, which would make them a threat to the Volturi. Renesmee is fertile as she is 1/2 human. The only aspect of herself that is a vampire is that she'll never age after she matures and she drinks blood.(less)

Karene
Aug 04, 2008 Karene rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jenne
Aug 20, 2008 Jenne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
oh yes, so VERY many spoilers! and unladylike language, sorry.

p.1: god help me. Here we go.

p.8: yep, Edward is already "going overboard" protecting Bella.

p.20: Her parents think it's a good idea for her to marry this weirdo at 18? They never think ANYTHING is a good idea.

p.33: Vampire babies! creepy! in a good way.

p.58: Jacob!

p.72: I swear Bella never just goes anywhere, you always have to DRAG her like a toddler.

p.85: I think they just had sex!! OMG!!

p.86: now of course we have to suffer throug
Annalisa
Aug 09, 2008 Annalisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who like a happy ending at all cost
I was so disenchanted with Eclipse I wasn't excited for this read, but I had to know how it ends. I held off judgment in hopes that the conclusion would redeem the series. The verdict? Hard-to-swallow soap opera. A car crash you can't stop staring at in hopes that something salvageable comes out of the wreckage. But nothing does. So bad I started taking notes on all the plot holes because I couldn't keep track. What happened to the story that captured the hearts of girls everywhere?

You can't fal
Jillian
Aug 03, 2008 Jillian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to spoon their eyes out
Janae
Jul 24, 2010 Janae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die-Hard Twilight Fans, not appropriate for young teens.
James
Feb 14, 2014 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
Reviewer update Aug 2009: I have demoted the book from 5 to 4 stars. My confession/explanation is at the end of the original, unedited review.
___

Yes, I gave it 5-stars. This is partly because I was so pleased by it compared to the last two books in the series that I overreacted. But I also approve of her approach to the book and have rated it so highly in order to counteract those reviewers out there who hated it because they felt Bella was a bad example to young girls.

***THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS SP
SR
Page 318 - Had her body changed because she was a werewolf? Or had she become a werewolf because her body was wrong? The only female werewolf in the history of forever. Was that because she wasn't as female as she should be?

Okay, it's always been obvious that the only things Smeyer finds important in life are marriage and babies, the younger the better, but what the fuck, y'all. I am beyond disgusted at this. (edit - this is kind of unclear, mostly because at the time of typing I was too angry t
Natalie Monroe
Robert Pattinson hates Twilight so much, it's hysterical.

Interviewer: “Millions of Twilight fans, they cannot wait to see this, it’s almost heartbreaking because they don’t want it to be over. It’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it?”

That look on his face is pure, unadulterated joy.

And let's not forget this:

From the mouth of the guy who plays him.

Or these:

And of course, the rest of the cast:

Lissa
This is a direct quote from Seth, Stephenie Meyer's brother and the person who runs her website.

"In an attempt to keep the books clean and not make young girls think about things that they don't need to think about, no other book mentioned anything about reproductive systems."

Hear that, girls?

You're not supposed to think about things.

Especially not sex.

Don't think about sex. Ever.

Or you will be thinking about things you shouldn't be thinking about.

Don't think about boys. Thinking about boys lead
Abby
Jul 26, 2012 Abby rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ann
Oct 04, 2008 Ann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Teresa
Apr 02, 2012 Teresa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that would jump off a bridge just to meet Edward
****For you dumbasses people that look up to Bella Swan and think she's an inspiration (if such people exist in the world), read this:

12 Things That The Twilight Series Taught Me

1. It's okay to abandon your parents after graduation (literally)

2. When a vampire wants to kill you, hide out on a mountain and run for your life while your boyfriend's family fight to protect you.

3. It is the most romantic and beautiful thing in the world when a guy you barely know oils your bedroom window to watch yo
Lauren
Aug 22, 2008 Lauren rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Meredith
Aug 04, 2008 Meredith rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a masochist and a moron
Recommended to Meredith by: I'm going to shoot them in the face
Shelves: ya
Denys L.H.
Feb 17, 2009 Denys L.H. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crackheads
The last book of the series. You would think this would all get better, eh? It hasn't for the most part. But yeah, there is a happy ending (no doubt about it). Yeah, they DO IT (Bitchface and Edtard). Yeah, Bella turns into a vampire. How come I'm not surprised? The novel ended all too neat and too predictable. But in the middle of the book, there was a whole load of unfortunate and turning events going on. And no, I didn't see THAT one coming...

In the beginning of the book, Bella is bitching (o
Manny
There's a nice progression here, anyway. I lent Twilight to Cate-across-the-road; we gave her New Moon as a present, and she lent it back to me; most recently, she bought Eclipse, and I borrowed it after she finished. I suggested to her father that the logical next step would be for me to sneak in through her bedroom window and steal Breaking Dawn. I'm not entirely sure he found this funny.

____________________________________________

I am shocked, dismayed, not surprised at all to discover from U
Syl
Elizabeth
Aug 03, 2008 Elizabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rainbow
Jul 18, 2010 Rainbow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephenie Meyer is awesome.

I was rereading this one for the second time. It's my least favorite from the series, largely because of the name "Renesmee."

So, I was pleasantly surprised by how well she pulls this mess off. I mean, the baby, the baby imprinting ... Such a mess ... Sort of ...

That's the thing -- rereading it, I was totally entertained from beginning to end. I love the honeymoon, I adore the giant vampire showdown, I love the changes to the Edward/Jacob dynamic.

I read a blurb by anoth
Heather
Aug 07, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Serious Twilighters Only
Holly
Kiki
I saw the movie for this the day after it came out, because for some reason my mother's ideal 50th birthday experience was to go watch Bella drink blood from a Slurpee cup. D'you know what? It was the best movie so far. A true cinematic masterpiece, deep with emotional nuance, dark and gritty themes of power and family ties, and this scene where a bunch of talking wolves argue with each other and I just can't even keep typing, because just thinking about that scene where this bunch of fucking do ...more
(G)Emma
May 12, 2009 (G)Emma rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Amanda
Aug 09, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Twilight
Penny
Apr 02, 2014 Penny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to rid themselves of their Twilight obsession
Shamae
Aug 09, 2008 Shamae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody
Recommended to Shamae by: Thanks Wendy for getting me hooked on this series!
Ok now that more people have read this book, here is my long review. Be prepared to read a novel. :D I will divide this into 2 sections. The first part is my original review w/out spoilers. The second part contains spoilers.

**No Spoilers**

Well, Stephenie Meyer has done it again. I loved this novel just as much as the first three. Let's face it, most of her books are fairly predictable; however, she has a talent of making the predictable happen in unexpected ways. This is exactly what happens in
Sara
Aug 03, 2008 Sara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
The more I think about this book, the less I like it, which is (obviously) the opposite of how it should work. But this book read like poorly written fan-fiction - both prose and the plot! - and there was very little to like. The writing was just okay (like the previous books), the plot was beyond stupid, all the "twists" were obvious (nothing "subtle" about the foreshadowing...), etc. etc. How did this book get published?!? Even the ending was a huge let down; virtually nothing of interest happ ...more
Gretchen
Aug 05, 2008 Gretchen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, romance
Goodreads Librari...: Book needs adding to my profile 3 10 Feb 02, 2016 06:43AM
Characterization / Character Development 2 9 Jan 13, 2016 06:23AM
Characterization / Character Development 2 5 Jan 10, 2016 04:50AM
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)
  • Wisdom (My Blood Approves, #4)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to goo ...more
More about Stephenie Meyer...

Twilight (5 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined

474 trivia questions
55 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.” 2964 likes
“Hey, Rosalie? Do you know how to drown a blonde? Stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool.” 1812 likes