Start by marking “Winter in Kandahar” as Want to Read:
Winter in Kandahar

Winter in Kandahar

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  7 reviews
AFGHANISTAN- the name conjures images of rugged mountains, ancient cities, hardened Mujaheddin, a country rife with regional rivalries, and the eternal struggle between Tajik and Pashtun. Afghanistan comes to life in this epic adventure of love, betrayal, and war. Young Tajik Ahmed Jan's heroic journey begins in the Northern Alliance stronghold near Taloqan just a month pr ...more
Published December 27th 2010 by H-G Books (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Winter in Kandahar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter in Kandahar

Kristen
Couldn't finish this one. Two-dimensional characters, adolescent dialogue - I can't remember what else. What I do remember is feeling suckered by the good reviews on Amazon. I posted a negative review that somehow disappeared within days. Only time that's ever happened to me there. How do you make a negative review disappear?
Nancie
Outstanding. Excellent writing. Somewhat reminiscient of a good John Le Carre novel. A good picture of life in the Middle East. Full of mystery and suspense.
Laurie
I thought this book was great - educational, also a bit scary. Helps understand the purpose of having U.S. presence in Afganistan, for me anyway. I enjoyed it!
Tim Scott
I got as far as page 159 and had to give up. The two dimensional characters were completely unsatisfying. The slow pace got on my nerves.
Rhonda
Wonderful. I already have a movie cast selected for this book including Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. Yummy book.
Amarceli
great book. highly recommended
Diana
What an amazing story!
Sheila MacKenzie
Sheila MacKenzie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Sabine
Sabine marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Robyn Bradley
Robyn Bradley marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ascent from Darkness Ghosts of Anatolia: An Epic Journey to Forgiveness Color Atlas Of Corneal Topography: Interpreting Videokeratography