Start by marking “Balancing Karma” as Want to Read:
Balancing Karma

Balancing Karma

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  540 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Karma has it in for Moswen. Trouble follows him around like a demented, faithful dog. Moswen never means for things to happen the way they do. It just does. And while things may seem bad at first, everything eventually works out for the best even if the road to getting there is a less than a smooth ride.

While fleeing his sister's wrath for an accident that was almost not h
Published February 26th 2010 by I.D. Locke

Sacred Fate by EressëScales And A Tail by Stormy GlennThe Degan Incident by Rob ColtonAcquainted with the Night by Tymber DaltonKing's Conquest by Valentina Heart
Mpreg Romance
11th out of 445 books — 498 voters
Evenfall by Santino HassellThe Student Prince by FayJayAfterimage by Santino HassellThe Violet and the Tom by Eve OcotilloFade by Santino Hassell
Favorite Unpublished M/M Stories
18th out of 282 books — 1,131 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
There are exactly two reasons I've put off reviewing this book. For one, I absolutely loved it and if I had written my review right after I finished the book, I would have praised and gushed about the book for so long people would have seen how long the review was and most likely wouldn't even attempt reading it. Reason number two is... well... I'm lazy. Lol.

I really did love this book. It was absolutely adorable. Moswen and Kijika make such a cute couple, especially with how different they are
Urbanista
Mar 13, 2012 Urbanista rated it did not like it
Shelves: coveraphobia
This sounds like a fun read. I probably would get a kick out of it, it sounds like fun.

UNFORTUNATELY, I CANNOT STAND the DOLLS. And the ones on this "cover" ruin any image I might create of the characters. I always thought Asian ball joint dolls would be gorgeous; I see that some of them are quite ridiculous looking. I wish I had never seen these--I am too visual to erase them from my mind.

Yes, this is ridiculous, but then, so is putting extremely!!! silly looking dolls on a book cover--even for
Val ⚓️ Shameless,  Bitchy & Skanky ⚓️ Mrs. ClayDanvers/RemingtonTate
And the WORST COVER OF ALL TIME Award officially goes to...

This book.

description

I mean serious though, it really does look like "Ratched, Drug-Addicted Barbie" giving "Botoxed Michael Jackson-esque Ken" a from-the-rear Glamor Shots hug.

description

Mad props to my friend Cris for pointing this little nugget out to me.

Because PRICELESS.
Valentina Heart
Apr 22, 2011 Valentina Heart rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mpreg lovers, but also SF fans who don't mind Mpreg
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads, read-2011
This was a very fun read. Moswen is hilarious and intense. Kijika is kinda aloof until Moswen comes along. Kijika is a nerd. There is no other way to describe the man. Moswen is a smart guy but man is he hyper, especially about sex. The little guy is all about getting some in the beginning but the two click and off the story goes. It is a sneaky story that just draws you in and next thing you know it's two in the morning and you still have 15 chapters to go;) Totally enjoyed it!
Vivian
Jun 05, 2012 Vivian rated it really liked it

This is a great story. Unpublished, but still entertaining and well worth the time. This would be a 5 star read with editing, primarily for some repetitive elements. The protagonists' struggle to understand each other due to cultural differences is so relevant that you can't help but laugh and cringe at the same time. That said, M-Preg may not be every reader's cup of tea--I loved it.

The worldbuilding was great. Three distinct species were introduced and the differences were apparent a
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
I adored this book. It was so so so enjoyable despite the fact I had to read it online. I don't know how fair my rating is, as I might unconsciously have a different rating system because it doesn't seem to be a published book.

Oh well. Either way I loved the book. My only complaint -and it isn't even a complaint really- is that if the author is thinking about publishing this, I think she needs to cut down the happy chappy periods of time and put my action and problems and shit. I love happy sce
SueM
A fabulous free read that kept me enthralled from start to finish. There is some really interesting world building, humor under the guise of cultural and species differences, touching loyalty, a bit of despair, voyeurism and some hot sex scenes. All up, a winning combination!
Anwen Ross
Oct 31, 2011 Anwen Ross rated it it was amazing
This was great! And I won't even say it was great "for a free ebook". It was great, period.

I adored both of the two main characters, who are of different species from different planets. I loved the way that both of their worlds had been so well thought out, the cultural differences and the misunderstandings that arose from them, and the way that Moswen could dream-step so that you get interplanetary travel without a lot of geeky spaceships :-)

It has to be said, some aspects of this story could s
Dreamer
Yay, finished at last, hard reading this all on-line.. Sweet tale of interplanetary m/m romance. Could have done without the dolls and cartoons, I would rather imagine more hunky characters in my head..

"You are the air I breathe, the food I eat and the water I drink. You are my world and my heart and soul rests with you." - Moswen to Kijika
Ayanna
May 08, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The "cover image" is really damn weird and a large part of why it took me so long to get to this one.

3.5/5

Uhh...
I actually quite liked it. The mpreg elements had me looking askance at this a lot, but ignoring that, the cultures Locke creates are quite good. I like that there's actual character evolution, too.
Parts of it are a bit awk and there are some grammatical issues floating around, but, hey. It's free online lit.

I actually rather disliked it when it went into other POVs - as in, other than
Mandapanda
Nov 19, 2014 Mandapanda rated it it was amazing
Recommended by Dianna for the QGB3 challenge. 4.5 stars. I actually read this book a couple of weeks ago so my review won't do it justice. I loved this story. Mixing Scifi and Shifters is a guaranteed win for me! I was really amazed by the author's imagination and fascinated with the exotic styles, appearances and locales of the two different races. I also liked the way the mpreg scenes were written. Moswen and Kijika are great characters. The former sexy, extroverted and loyal and the latter mo ...more
Margo - this job thing really screws up my ability to read/review
Balancing Karma is a wild ride through the universe where all laws including gender seem to be bendable. The fantasy world and plot have a few holes, but Balancing Karma is addictive like crack. Moswen is completely insane but is balanced out by Kijika. Both their families are wonderfully crazy supporting characters, and I desperately want to go to a party where all the people wear see through clothing and have wings.

This is a free read which is well worth your time. Beware, people will look at
Jess
Jul 05, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing
Everything I love in a mpreg story :O)
Noughty
Reading, in progress:

Beginning. Writing seems great, words flows neatly. Moswen seems very silly character, but in a good way. Kijika more composed, less experienced, more adult.

I'm a little disappointed in this book. Characters and the world are interesting, but I find the plot lacking. I feel like I could rate writing, characters and world 5 stars and plot only 2 stars. Plot is too easy, nothing really happens. It took a lot of chapters for some tension to actually appear. The relationship is
Melanie~~
Jul 30, 2011 Melanie~~ rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I don't remember HOW I ever found it. Heaven knows I wasn't looking for an mpreg. However, once I found it and began reading, I. Couldn't. Stop.

This mpreg isn't a hard limit for me because neither of the main characters, and especially the impregnated male, is human.

I've noticed a couple of other reviews say that one of the characters is a shifter. I'm not really sure who they mean because neither main character ever shifts his physical appearance.

Kijika is a tall (seven fee
Teresa
4.5 Stars - This was a vast and wonderful story that may well be 5 stars once it is edited and condensed a bit. I loved the characters and the world building with all the loving details put in. It was a huge read though, and a lot to read all at once, though if I had done it a week at a time as it was originally released, some of the chapter endings would have drove me crazy waiting for the next installment!

My biggest complaint is Chapter 52 - it contained a hard limit for me that was completely
Gina
Apr 01, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing
Wow.. I really loved this. Loved the characters, the world building, the yaoi like elements.. And really everything. Well paced, no serious gut-wrenching, no emotional baggages involved, just easy and one hot ride! I want to see thier building family together, want to see how Jaiseki growing up and Tyh and Dak's fate.. I just want mo more!
cecily
Jan 15, 2012 cecily rated it it was amazing
Balancing Karma by I.D. Locke is a heart warmingly sweet book. I enjoyed every page of this book. The characters were funny and well developed and the plot was unique and interesting. this book really did capture my attention and not let it go until the very last word. Kijika and Moswen are sweet enough together that it could just give you a tooth ache. This book is different from anything I have read and I liked the ideas that the author introduced. Very original m/m. Totally a fun book and wor ...more
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
A very inventive and good, entertaining story. It has so much in it: love, lust, a lot of sex, alien species, insanity, family ties, a huge amount of violence, many different cultures. It is a fascinating read, and ties everything up nicely. It is full of humor (Moswen!), "Having him take my ass was even better than I'd imagined and I had a fantastic imagination." And, I never knew what was coming next.

My issues were with the repetition of the same ideas (and sometimes exact phrases), the lack o
Tamela
I'm on Chapter 36 and could not stop reading last night until I had to force myself to go to bed. I really enjoy the story. The writing is light and easy to understand. Even when trying to explain several different life forms and their unique attributes it doesn't get confusing or boring.

I can't wait to finish the story and hope I.D. Locke is writing a lot more!!!

Done and it was GREAT!!!!
Lily
I loved everything about this book. I adored Kijika and Moswen and their story is engaging, entertaining, sweet, super hot and with just the right amount of humor in the mix as well. The world building was really well-done and I was completely immersed in these two very different worlds/cultures. Did I mention I love these two guys? I hope one day Ms. Locke revisits them again.
Janie
Jun 20, 2013 Janie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I absolutely adored the characters in this story and love the mpreg aspect. I think this would make a fabulous series as I'd love to read about them raising Jaiseki and having more children. Also I'd like an update on Dak and Thy.
pbj
Aug 01, 2011 pbj rated it really liked it
This was wonderfully entertaining. I read it on LiveJournal and the author refers often to the sequel, Enchanted Shadows which haven't been able to find. Does anyone know if this is posted or published anywhere?
Ariel
Dec 18, 2015 Ariel rated it liked it
Ok so I almost didn't read this cause the cover totally freaked me out...I try not to judge a book by its cover but dolls just creep me out. But I'm glad I ignored them in favor of just giving it a shot! (Sorry to anyone who actually likes the cover...but dolls just super creep me out!)

I LOVED Moswen! He was just so adorable and I loved his possessive nature. I also loved how open he was about sex and talking about how he felt all the time...it was a nice change of pace.

Kijika was a very likable
Shelly
Apr 29, 2015 Shelly rated it it was amazing
I can't help but praise this book. It was definitely a long one and I was completely immersed in it the entire time.

Kijika is half Vylfian and half Naemo. Not only a prince, but also a necromancer. Moswen is from the planet Awh’an. He is a Shal-hazal spirit, an ambassador and a dream walker and thus can physically move from one place to another.

This story is purely about Kijika and Moswen and how Moswen's unpredictable karma seems to pull everyone around him in. This story is fun, light hearted
Michelle
Oct 18, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: free
= I may not read it again but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Balancing Karma was an interesting ride, to say at the least. If you have the kinks for male pregnancy, alien-animal characteristics, tail sex, BDSM, weird alien customs and mannerisms, raising the dead fantasy mixed with aliens who can walk through people's dreams, and, loads of sex....then this is right up your alley.

Even though this pushed all the boundaries of weirdness it had a calmness to the whole story that was a pleasure to read. At
Ilona
Aug 06, 2013 Ilona rated it it was amazing
This one took me a while to get through because it is an online read but it was well worth it. The Characters are both well written and very interesting. The alien aspects of culture and form are well described and thought out. The sex scenes were hot and the romance was sweet. Slight spoiler but I feel the need to mention that I loved the male pregnancy and the misunderstandings the hormone problems bring about. If you like hot male on male, non tentacle, sex then this is for you. If you like a ...more
Melissa
Jul 31, 2014 Melissa marked it as did-not-finish
The world this book has created holds a lot of promise, but the writing needs tightening up.

DNF at 5%
  • Iron Butterfly
  • Tentacles for the Brides Bouquet
  • Sacred Fate (Chronicles of Ylandre #1)
  • Fate (Wyndrah, #1)
  • Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)
  • Reifu Rising
  • Second Wind
  • The Degan Incident (Galactic Conspiracies #1)
  • Messed Examinations
  • The Seahorse (The Seahorse, #1)
  • It's Like This
  • Snowflakes and Embers
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Husbands for Peace
  • The Experiment  (Saving Caeorleia, #1)
  • Neko-laus (Neko-laus #1)
  • The Violet and the Tom
Free stories are posted to my author LJ http://id-locke.livejournal.com/

Personal site and fan fiction are at http://2metaldog.livejournal.com/