Start by marking “Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)

Skinned (The Shadowing #2)

Black Annis smiles. Her pointed teeth do not gleam; they are black with age and the bloodstains of her victims. She looks up at the human child — surely meant to be in bed and asleep. Some things don't change. Every hundred years the gateway opens between their world and ours. A human coven has joined forces with the dark beings of the Netherworld. Evil is growing. And Cal ...more
Hardcover
Published 2012 by EgmontUSA (first published August 1st 2011)

Kristina
Originally posted at Nose in a Book

Let me start off by saying that if I hadn’t read Slater’s first novel in this series, that cover up there would not make me want to start reading it. It looks like an RL Stine cover circa 1997. Or the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt. (I’m showing my age now, aren’t I?) Huge turn off there, but I know I like these novels, and I know I like Callum Scott. What I’m hearing is that this book is being re-released next year, but it was less than $5 for Kindle,
Nina
Oct 19, 2011 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I looked at this cover I was immediately scared. Look at it! It’s so creepy. I read the back of the book and it totally reminded me a bit of those R.L.Stine books that I loved when I was younger. Yesterday evening I started to read it and I just had to read the whole damn thing. I could not put it down, because A) It was creepy B) I could not sleep with that book on my bedside table (Again the cover). Yes, I admit when I finished reading it, I put the book in my drawer. And it will stay the ...more
Sara
Feb 29, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
You probably thought the Fetch was alive. And Black Annis was alive. And Jacob was alive. NOPE, Chuck Testa.
Kathy Jackson
Aug 15, 2011 Kathy Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA horror fans
I have waited months for this book to come out. It is the sequel to “The Shadowing: Hunted” which is the first in The Shadowing series by Adam Slater. I finally gave in and bought it for the Kindle reader on my laptop as it hasn’t become available on the Nook yet.

The book is YA fiction which means that the exhaustive details about locations and histories are absent. This is not a bad thing – I can see how it works to keep a young person interested with its non-stop action. Callum must face the H
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Aug 23, 2012 Sarah-Jayne Briggs rated it really liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

It's been a little while since I read the first book in this series, so I thought I might get confused because it had been maybe a year since I'd read the first book. I was wrong, however. There was a little bit of confusion at first, but I quickly recalled what had happened in the first book and who the characters were.

This book was easy to read, partly because I did like the characters. I was pleased to see that Callum wasn't a natural when it came to his chi
Lauren
After the first book in this series, I was distinctly unimpressed. But I have to say, it might be growing on me now. If for no other reason than this second book in a series did not end on a cliffhanger, and doesn't feel like it suffers from middle-book syndrome, where it just sets up the next book. It hints at what's to come, but the book actually has a plot all its own (gasp!). And the character's developed. It is such a refreshing change. The writing has also tightened up.
Heather
Jan 01, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I like this series. When students say they want a horror book, this has become my go to standard, if there are any copies on the shelf. The first book, Hunted, had me jumping at shadows but this one is more on the gory side. The descriptions of Black Annis' fingernails and the different ways she uses them gave me chills. I am looking forward to book three.
Sydney Robinson
May 19, 2013 Sydney Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Even more spooky than the last one!
Rebecca
Book two in the set. Continues in the same vein as book one with a combination of supernatural and horror. Again okay I would continue the set but nothing spectacular.
Olivia Kelsch
Olivia Kelsch rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Chantal
Chantal rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2011
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2012
Natasha
Natasha rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Mason Woodard
Mason Woodard rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Miranda
Miranda rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2012
Miguel Menjivar
Miguel Menjivar rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Reving
Reving rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Alexandra Soto
Alexandra Soto rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Georgie
Georgie rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2012
Anthony Kelly
Anthony Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Stuart
Stuart rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Jobeth Liwanag
Jobeth Liwanag rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Gillian
Gillian rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Conny
Conny rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2011
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)
  • Myrnin's Tale (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Spookygirl
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Wild Children
  • ぬらりひょんの孫 13 [Nurarihyon No Mago] (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #13)
  • The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 1
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • The Dead Girls Detective Agency (The Dead Girls Detective Agency #1)
  • カゲロウデイズ -in a daze- (Kagerou Daze #1)
  • Skull Kids
  • Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1)
  • Old Souls
  • The Book of the Heart (Samurai Girl, #6)
Adam Slater doesn't scare easily, which is lucky because his study overlooks a graveyard. He has a degree in Folklore and an unhealthy love of horror films, both of which helped to inspire The Shadowing books. If he wasn't a writer - and if his girlfriend would let him - he'd be a stunt driver.
More about Adam Slater...

The Shadowing (2 books)
  • Hunted (The Shadowing, #1)