Start by marking “Incubo sotto la neve” as Want to Read:
Incubo sotto la neve

Incubo sotto la neve

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,815 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Pur essendo l'erede di un ingente patrimonio, Caitlin Bennett conduce una vita solitaria e ritirata, dedita quasi esclusivamente alla sua attività di affermata scrittrice di libri gialli. Quando comincia a ricevere lettere minatorie, tutti, compresa la polizia, pensano all'opera di un innocuo lettore malcontento. Ma quando, a un incrocio, una mano misteriosa la spinge dava ...more
Published 2001 by Harlequin Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about Incubo sotto la neve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incubo sotto la neve

Lyndi
May 25, 2014 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone with half a brain can figure out who the villain is right away, even though it's supposed to be a Big Reveal all the way at the end. Nope, it was super obvious. But still a nice little read, so whatever.
Sep 01, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2015
I can't give a fair rating since it took me forever to finish but I'm gonna go with my gut and say two stars. It was pretty predictable and pretty cheesy, though there were some good points.
Jan
Caitlin is the poor little rich girl who write novels and suddenly starts to receive threatening notes and dead animals in the mail. Her amusingly funny gay editor send his half-brother to protect Caitlin. Mac is very likeable, strong and handsome and is drawn to Caitlin and they play cat and mouse for awhile until neither can deny the attraction. The plot was far from deep but there's a little twist at the end and it's an enjoyable read.
Shirley
Feb 06, 2016 Shirley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crybabies

The plot was just ok but the Book was soaked with tears, men and women constantly "welling up" or sobbing or fainting. It read like the Harlequin Romance genre. Don't waste your time.
Donna Barrett
Apr 19, 2015 Donna Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The killer wasn't who I thought. Was a surprise.
Betty Melton
Jun 14, 2017 Betty Melton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snowfall

Excellent as every book by this author has been. I have not one word of criticism or disfavor to say about her writing. Every book seems better than than previous one. Thank you!e
Jennifer  (Books That Hook)
This was a great book. I don't plan to re-read it to review on my blog, just because I have so many others to get done.
Allyse
Actual Rating 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I read this book years ago and I am happy to say that I like it now just as much as I did then. It's rare when that happens. Usually I reread a book and I am faced with soul sucking disappointment.

Caitlin Bennett is a successful mystery writer who starts to receive threatening notes. When her life is put in danger, her editor hires his stepbrother and ex-cop Conner "Mac" McKee as a bodyguard. As Caitlin and Mac try to sort out their feelings for each other, wome
Lauren
Snowfall
3.5 Stars

Synopsis:
Mystery author Caitlin Bennett is the target of a deranged fan who progresses from mailing threatening letters and rat parts to pushing her into traffic. Against her wishes, Caitlin’s publisher asks ex-cop, Conner “Mac” McKee to provide protection for her. However, just as she begins to feel safe, the bodies of women who bear a remarkable resemblance to her are discovered and Caitlin realizes that she could be next.

Review:
An entertaining romantic suspense novel even if
Gina
Apr 29, 2008 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Sharon Sala. The characters were colourful, with personalities of their own. Caitie can hold her own, and Mac... which he was my bodyguard! You could feel the chemistry between them. And Sharon takes you once again into the perp's mind. I had a feeling that the obvious wasn't the right choice, and there was something strange about another character, and I was right. It was great. I liked the last chapter, and I didn't like it. The epilogue was fantastic, but I'm talking abo ...more
Shawnee Bowlin
Snowfall was written with a good solid plot. The twist on the stalker was satisfying. The relationships were compatible. The threats were believable. The fear was understandable. Overall, Sharon Sala has a book worth reading and kept me interested throughout.
My major problems were the way she turned Mac into a 'honey, baby' type of guy. He was macho with a heart under the hardness, but certainly deserved a bit more resolve than to fall into a pile of mush so quickly in the relationship. The seco
Marjorie
May 06, 2016 Marjorie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mystery
Caitlin Bennett writes mysteries under the name of C.D. Bennett. She has been receiving disturbing messages through the mail. The police have told her not to worry. However, when her editor, Aaron Workman, receives a message, she confesses she has also been getting disturbing messages.

Aaron gets his stepbrother, Connor McKee, a former Atlanta policeman who now owns a security firm, to come protect Caitlin after she is shoved in front of a truck. Aaron had previously introduced them and Caitlin
Sparkymom
May 25, 2015 Sparkymom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super creepy

The villain in this story was being creepy and brutal. He has been stalking Caitie for 6 months and shows signs of escalating. After a failed attempt on her life, her friend and editor calls in his brother to protect Caitie. Unfortunately, Mac and Caitie have met before and did not get along. Caitie and Mac were both strong willed and confrontational. Though they worked hard to keep their distance, it was obvious their chemistry was eventually going to bring them together. I enjoyed
Patricia
May 19, 2016 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very Good! A mystery that you think you have got figured out, but, it is not what is seems! Caitlinn is an author of mystery books, but, son she starts receiving letters in the mail with threats from someone who does NOT like her books, and does not want her to keep ignoring his/her warnings! Soon, her publisher starts getting the same type of mail sent to them , and although she doesn't want to get the police involved thinking that this is just a disgruntled reader, she has to turn to them to h ...more
Susanna
Okei. Täytyy myöntää, että olen positiivisesti yllättynyt. Alku tosiaan eteni hyvin, kunnes se pakollinen romanssi piti kehittää. Sen vatvomiseen meni puolivälissä kirjaa aikaa niin, että mietin jo, että tähänkö tämä hyvin alkanut tarina nyt tyssäsi. No, kun oli "pakolliset" kuviot saatu siinä hoidettua, niin juttu otti taas uutta vauhtia ja piti kyllä otteessaan ihan loppuun asti niin hyvin, että se romantiikka siinä ohessa kulki mukana varsin kivuttomasti. Ja vaikka romantiikan puolesta tämä n ...more
Loreta
May 11, 2011 Loreta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Sharon Sala's book, Snowfall. Although I had read books written by her in another genre this book showed she was adept at her craft.

Someone pushes her in front of a fast approaching truck. So begins a terrifying time for best selling author Caitlin Bennett. Someone is trying to kill her for no known reason. This book grabbed my interest from the very first and is a real page-turner. Until the final chapter of the book the reader does not know who the fiend is who is killing wome
Deb Blackbourn
Aug 17, 2013 Deb Blackbourn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice easy read. Perfect for sitting at a cabin in the sun! The story focuses on a woman who has been totally wrapped up in her career leaving her (ex-)husband and children while she is "taking care of business". She has made major strides in her career but has learned after a devastating situation that work is not the only thing in life. The woman decides to move to the town her children live in and to give up her international career. It takes the reader through some tough decisions and reflect ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Caitlin Bennett, a bestselling mystery author, recieves letters from a psychotic "fan" and finally hires Conner McKee (Mac), an ex-cop, as a bodyguard. Meanwhile, there are women being murdered that have a resemblance to her.

Ms Sala, who also write as Dinah McCall is a comfort read for me. I know what I'm going to get from her and that is great in my opinion. Her stories may not always have a "Wow" factor and are fairly predictable but I know I'm going to get the HEA I want and be entertained.
Susan
Feb 27, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romantic suspense that is high on the thriller side. This book grabbed my interest from the very first page and is a page-turner. The characters are well defined and develop throughout the story. The protagonists are believable and sympathetic, you feel that you know and love them. The other characters are interesting and the villain is really twisted and scary. I did not figure out who the killer was until it was revealed to us. (I am usually good at this) There were a lot of suspects.
There
Emilie Davis
Mar 22, 2016 Emilie Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

I am at a loss as to why I never read Sharon Sala before. The plots are wonderfully intricate, the character development is top notch and the suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat. Snowfall one might think is an odd name for a thriller,but it is not in this case. The relentless snow covering the city seems to be symbolic of a decades old cover-up. Everything looks clean and fresh on top, but underneath dark and dirty secrets are rampant.
I can't wait to read another book by Sha
Sandra Cook
Sep 09, 2016 Sandra Cook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kim
Aug 13, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this had a really nice saying in front of book and it goes like this:
WHEN WE ARE BORN INTO THIS WORLD,
WE DO NOT CHOOSE THE FAMILY WE ARE GIVEN,
ONLY THE FRIENDS WE YEARN TO KEEP.
THROUGHOUT MY LIFE THERE HAVE BEEN MANY,
SOME FLEETING, SOME STEADFAST,
WHO STOOD, NOT BY ME, BUT WITH ME,
THROUGH THE PROVERBIAL THICK AND THIN.
I CANNOT NAME YOU ALL, BUT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND I CHERISH MY PLACE IN YOUR LIFE. YOU HAVE
UNSELFISHLY GIVEN ME BOTH YOUR PRESENCE AND YOUR TIME.
I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT, IN R
Joann
I didn't realize that this book would be more romance than thriller when I downloaded it. It wasn't a bad read but also not a great read. Just average for me. I don't like a lot of romance in my mysteries and this just had too much of it going on between Caitlin and Mac. At times, I couldn't take the dialogue between them as it seemed too contrived so I just skipped through some of the pages. If you don't read this book, you won't be missing much.
Leslie Mesmer
Dec 17, 2012 Leslie Mesmer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Sharon Sala's books. I have read almost everything she has written.
This is about a woman who is being threatened and her friend/publisher asks his brother, a retired Atlanta officer to protect her.
They eventually notice after the attacks escalate they realize there is a killer killing people that look like her.
The suspense builds and leaves you wondering how the pieces are going to fit together to find the killer before he gets to her.
Carolyn
This thriller was well-written and the plot was interesting and suspenseful. The characters were likable enough and the ending was a surprise to me; no way I had figured it out. However, for me personally, the romance was too drawn out and at times almost childish, which became frustrating and detracted from the story line. For that reason, I rated the novel 3 stars, but overall I liked the book and would recommend it as an easy read.
Serena
Sep 03, 2015 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I cracked the mystery early on with a hint that the author dropped. I guess it's supposed to make the suspense more teeth chattering but I was bored. I wished the romance was more developed. The enemies to friends development was quite abrupt. And why the H/h were enemies to start with wasn't developed at all.
Lynn
Sep 19, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of suspense and a killer ending

Really enjoyed this book. I'm generally not a fan of romance novels but this one was more of a mystery/thriller with some romance added as much to ratchet up the suspense as for romance sake. The author is skilled at holding the reader's attention. The plot twists were very good. I read it nonstop in just a few hours. Highly recommended.
Woman In Gold
Oooo a great book that I have reread many times.

It kept me guessing and drew me in. I loved it and couldn't help hoping for everyone to pull through. The twist at the end was sort of slowly dawning towards the end and then you feel like yelling "No don't go through that door!"
Irene
Mar 15, 2016 Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review

Mac and Caitlyn were destined from the start. Becoming a bodyguard to a wealthy heiress and writer, Connor McKee never knew being in close proximity to someone you dislike could turn into meant to be.
  • The Perfect Lie
  • With Her Last Breath
  • Illeanna (Orchidea: Love on the Bayou, #2)
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Exposure
  • Under Pressure (IAD Agency #1)
  • Deadly Shadows (Deadly, #1)
  • Homecoming
  • Clay (Louisiana Gentleman #4)
  • The Nanny's Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #1)
  • Finally Home
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Lost and Found
  • Finding Her Men (Men of the Border Lands, #7)
  • Family Ever After (Fostered by Love, #3)
  • A Convenient Husband (Bride Train, #4)
  • The Innocent Witness (Protection Specialists, #1)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...