Start by marking “First Flight (The Magnificent Steam Carnival of Professor Pelusian Minus, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Flight (The Magnificent Steam Carnival of Professor Pelusian Minus, #1)

First Flight (The Magnificent Steam Carnival of Professor Pelusian Minus #1)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
When Professor Pelusian Minus' steamsmith dies, he needs another one quickly. He sends his giant henchman out to complete the task. The professor is not at all happy when Abraham Lincoln brings back two small twin babies. Soon though, he discovers they are just what he needs; he just has to wait for them to grow up.

For years, the twins, Dade and Paige, have been slaves to
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 15th 2011 by Echelon Press

To ask other readers questions about First Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Flight

Ella Grey
Jan 14, 2012 Ella Grey rated it it was amazing
First Flight by Sean and Connor Hayden 5/5

I was originally introduced to Sean Hayden’s steampunk stories through his steampunk short Lady Dorn. It was the first time I was introduced to the genre and when I found out that he was writing a whole series with his son? I wanted to read them.

Okay I needed to read them.

In the beginning of this series, we’re introduced to Professor Pelusian Minus, whose steamsmith has just died. A steamsmith is someone who can communicate with machinary and create extr
Trisha Wolfe
Mar 28, 2011 Trisha Wolfe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I love this cover! Steampunk covers are always so much fun. First Flight is the first installment of a series of short stories through Quakeme.com, a division of Echelon Press, intended to shake up young readers. I love the dedication Hayden gives in this story: ‘We dedicate this to all the children out there who are finding it cool to read, shutting off their televisions, and using their imaginations.’ Awesome! This program is such a wonderful thing, I support it fully! Hayden co-wrote t ...more
Katy O'Dowd
Oct 25, 2011 Katy O'Dowd rated it it was amazing
As soon as I saw the dedication in this book - to kids who find it cool to read, turn off their TVs and use their imaginations - I knew that my son should read it. YA fiction has been crying out for something that is not a paranormal romance, which the bookshelves, both virtual and real, seem to be full of. C'mon people, do you really think that tween boys really want to read that sloppy stuff?
But back to First Flight, young Connor Hayden's first literary endeavour (with a little bit of writerly
Jen Wylie
Mar 21, 2011 Jen Wylie rated it it was amazing
Not only does this story have a wicked cool cover, the tale itself is a must read! Steampunk is all the rage these days (so I hear) and if you like it... then this is a story for you! That said, any lover of the fantastical will enjoy this read. The characters are wonderful, as is the setting. An imaginative story it will keep you turning each page right til the end. First Flight is not short on humor either, be it in dialogue or creative names and descriptions.
As an adult I really enjoyed this
Evie
AWESOMENESS!!!
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Hows
Hows marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Bianca
Bianca added it
Sep 03, 2015
Woodenpoet
Woodenpoet marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Kitty Katzenfutter
Kitty Katzenfutter marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Marita
Marita marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Josh Talbot
Josh Talbot marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Christine Dinh
Christine Dinh marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Mia Redgrave
Mia Redgrave rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Toni Michelle-Editor
Toni Michelle-Editor marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Born the son of a fire chief, Sean naturally developed a love of playing with fire. His family and friends quickly found other outlets for his destructive creativity. Writing is his latest endeavor.
Always a fan of the macabre, mythical, and magical, Sean found a love of urban fantasy and horror. After writing several novels in this genre, he found, fell in love with, and immersed himself in steamp
More about Sean Hayden...

The Magnificent Steam Carnival of Professor Pelusian Minus (3 books)
  • Second Chance (The Magnificent Steam Carnival of Professor Pelusian Minus, #2)
  • Third Time (The Magnificent Steam Carnival of Professor Pelusian Minus, #3)