Start by marking “Living Wabi Sabi: The True Beauty of Your Life” as Want to Read:
Living Wabi Sabi: The True Beauty of Your Life

Living Wabi Sabi: The True Beauty of Your Life

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Taro Gold inspires and enlightens with "Living Wabi Sabi: The True Beauty of Your Life." A blend of Eastern wisdom, feng shui, and the movement toward simplicity, Wabi Sabi is a Japanese expression meaning "wisdom in natural simplicity." Wabi Sabi helps us to see the beauty in imperfection, to discover that our unique flaws also can lead us to our greatest strengths and tr ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Living Wabi Sabi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Wabi Sabi

Samantha Watkins
I love this book so much! I've read it several times and it always serves to calm me, help me see myself more clearly, and be at peace with all that life brings.
Valerie
Love this book. I like its in-depth discussion about wabisabi philosophy. It is not taught in school! I am already in the process of becoming im-perfectionist! :) Highly recommended if you want to improve your life as a whole. ;)
Kimberly
As a 14-year old boy, the author received teachings from his grandmother on Wabi sabi. In this book he describes this exchange and includes some quotations from a variety of sources as a way to obliquely define the term.
India
What a great book. I am learning how to live without perfectionism and this is a wonderful book to help me see a new way of doing that. Wabi Sabi is such a wonderful concept and way of looking at the world.
Catharine
Taro Gold puts life up front and center .. The mystical in the moment.. In his words, "Wabi Sabi fosters a bohemian sense of beauty that celebrates the basic, the unique, and the imperfect."
Izzie Kikue
Awesome little book about simple wisdom of everyday living finding the perfect in imperfection. A must read for minds that hunger for a deeper meaning in life.
Phyllis
The concepts are great, but this should have been an article rather than a book. Very repetitive.
Marci
brilliant...calming, will most def read again and again, esp when i'm feeling out of sorts.
Nina
Jul 06, 2010 Nina marked it as stopped-reading  ·  review of another edition
this book was lame. not a good intro to wabi sabi.
Linda M Torgerson
Linda M Torgerson marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Dianne Mclaurin
Dianne Mclaurin marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Inti Burgos Hidalgo
Inti Burgos Hidalgo marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Usman Bashir
Usman Bashir marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Fabián
Fabián marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
David price
David price marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Patrik Olterman
Patrik Olterman marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
edwin zappe
edwin zappe is currently reading it
Dec 09, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Nourhan
Nourhan marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Wabi-Sabi House: The Japanese Art of Imperfect Beauty
  • When I Loved Myself Enough
  • Wabi-Sabi: for Artists, Designers, Poets & Philosophers
  • Buddha's Little Instruction Book
  • Confucius Lives Next Door: What Living in the East Teaches Us About Living in the West
  • Happiness: Essential Mindfulness Practices
  • Wisdom of the Last Farmer: The Legacy of Generations
  • An End to Suffering: The Buddha in the World
  • Long-Distance Hiking: Lessons from the Appalachian Trail
  • Zen Ghosts
  • Growing, Older: A Chronicle of Death, Life, and Vegetables
  • The Conscious Kitchen: The New Way to Buy and Cook Food - to Protect the Earth, Improve Your Health, and Eat Deliciously
  • Knit Kimono
  • On Religion (Thinking in Action)
  • I Explain a Few Things: Selected Poems
  • The Complete Book of Herbs: A Practical Guide to Growing and Using Herbs
  • Becoming Native to This Place
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 06 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #6)
Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom What Is Love? A Simple Guide to Romantic Happiness The Tao of Mom: The Wisdom of Mothers from East to West What Is Love?: A Simple Buddhist Guide to Romantic Happiness The Tao of Dad: The Wisdom of Fathers Near and Far