Start by marking “City Numbers” as Want to Read:
City Numbers

City Numbers

Joanne Schwartz and Matt Beam have discovered numbers in many different forms all over the city. They are on houses and apartment buildings, on store windows and doors, on trucks and garbage bins, on sidewalks and parking spots. They are printed, spray-painted, molded in plastic, chiseled in stone, even torched into metal.

We see these numbers, often unconsciously, every da
Published May 14th 2011 by Groundwood Books (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about City Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City Numbers

Barbara
Aug 01, 2011 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: ncbla
Although I'm certainly more a words person than a numbers person, I enjoyed this picture book reminder that numbers are all around us. I don't think it's meant to be a counting book since it goes from zero to twenty and then to a lengthy barcode number and the photos don't show 10 of anything, for instance. But it does raise awareness of the different forms numbers may take, especially in an urban landscape. This title is likely to prompt children to look more carefully at the numbers around the ...more
Elaine Bearden
Nov 22, 2011 Elaine Bearden rated it it was amazing
preSchool - grade school (possibly older for art classes)
This would be a fun book to share and then give the kids cameras to work with to find numbers around the library in unusual places. Like a camera scavenger hunt. I like there are so many sources for the numbers as well as different kinds of numbers - including fractions, barcodes, etc. This author and photographer collaborated on another book, City Alphabet. Awesome!
Mary Lee
Nov 24, 2011 Mary Lee rated it really liked it
I thought this was going to be a pretty photography book, but because there are fractions and decimals (and even a barcode number) the interestingness factor goes way up.

This will be a great book to start a class photography project. Maybe we will collect numbers, but maybe we will collect...who knows what?!?!
Donalyn
An unusual counting book, using found print to show numbers from 1 to 20, with several fractions, decimals, and percents thrown in. I liked the concept of the book, but I am not sure if children would be engaged by it.
M.
Apr 26, 2012 M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Look around yourself and notice the numbers. It may surprise you what you find.
Mohammad
Mohammad rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2011
Lucia
Lucia rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2011
sasasasasasasasasa
sasasasasasasasasa rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Christie Angleton
Christie Angleton rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Pinar
Pinar rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Amy Yount
Amy Yount rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2016
Chris Obergfell
Chris Obergfell marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012