Start by marking “May the Best Dog Win” as Want to Read:
May the Best Dog Win

May the Best Dog Win

Dash has the perfect life until the Super Sweeper 5000 shows up. Sweeper runs all over the house sucking up the leftover food scraps, and he even gets his own room! But Dash won't give up his place as the favorite dog without a fight.
Published April 18th 2011 by FutureWord Publishing (first published April 2011)

To ask other readers questions about May the Best Dog Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about May the Best Dog Win

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Best Picture Books
79th out of 1,981 books — 1,286 voters
May the Best Dog Win by Kelly HashwayDoc Tails by Othen Donald Dale CummingsClifford the Big Red Dog by Norman BridwellHarry the Dirty Dog by Gene ZionFetch by Adam Glendon Sidwell
Best Picture Books About Dogs
1st out of 127 books — 101 voters

More lists with this book...

Allyn Stotz
May 18, 2011 Allyn Stotz rated it it was amazing
This book is adorable! The author really used clever ways to describe how a dog might really view something like a big sweeper. I have never had a dog who didn't bark like crazy at just the sight of a vaccuum and now I understand why! They think it's competition. I enjoyed this delightful children's book immensly and would recommend it to all parents who have small children or anyone who loves dogs for that matter. The whole family will have a good laugh reading this fun book.
Alandra
May 05, 2011 Alandra rated it it was amazing
Seeing things differently.

Those are the kind of stories I like. Those are the kind kids like--they can relate! As Paula Yoo said, "That is what book reviewers hunger for - a new voice, a new vision, a new way of looking at life."

That's the way the delightful main character of Kelly Hashway's picture book is. The story is character-driven from start to finish, and delves deeper and deeper into Dash's unusual relationship with the new sweeper. And each time it becomes even more creative, interest
Mandy
May 05, 2011 Mandy rated it really liked it
Life is good for Dash. He has a loving family, a warm bed, and his favorite toy. When the Super Sweeper 5000 shows up, his position in the family feels threatened, and he begins to question whether his human parents still love him.

May The Best Dog Win is a delightful tale and wonderful little picture book. My children enjoyed reading it and laughed at Dash's antics. We all feel a little insecure at times and need a little reassurance that we are still loved. Dash's story has a feel good ending w
Shauna
Nov 12, 2011 Shauna rated it it was amazing
You can't help but laugh and cheer Dash on when reading this story. I read this story to my twin three year-olds, and they love the interaction between Dash and the Sweeper 5000. This is a clever, imaginative, and very well written story. The illustrations are great and really do add to the excitement of this story. This is a must have for little ones.
Dorothy Baxter
May 17, 2011 Dorothy Baxter rated it it was amazing
Even though I don't have children I really enjoyed this book - I do have 5 dogs and see some of their personality in this book. I plan on purchasing several more copies as gifts for children of friends and yes I am keeping my copy!
Kelley
Jun 01, 2011 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Read this to my 6 year old daughter and she thought it was great! She laughed at the dog and the funny things it said.
Martha Rodriguez
Aug 01, 2011 Martha Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
An adorable book about an adorable little dog named Dash. Great perspective from this doggie's point of view when competition enters the house. You'll love it!!
Debbie
Jun 03, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: firstreads
Very cute story about a puppy that is jealous of a new vacuum cleaner. Dash battles to be the favorite "dog".
Darby Karchut
Mar 29, 2011 Darby Karchut marked it as to-read
I can't wait to pick this one up - I've been hearing lovely things about it!
VS Grenier
Apr 23, 2011 VS Grenier rated it really liked it
Shelves: sfc-review
Synopsis:
Dash is a dog that loves his human family and has the perfect life any dog could want until the Super Sweeper 5000 shows up. Dash thinks Sweeper is another dog and is not happy to be sharing his family. It also seems Sweeper gets to run all over the house sucking up leftover food scraps and even gets his own room. Will Dash understand Sweeper isn’t a dog?

Overall thoughts:
I read this story with my two little girls. My youngest (under 2 years old) didn’t really understand the story, but s
Amber
Feb 08, 2012 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2012, children-s
May the Best Dog Win, was such a cute book! The illustrations were great and the story was so adorable!

Blurb:

Dash has the perfect life until the Super Sweeper 5000 shows up. Sweeper runs all over the house sucking up the left over food scraps, and he even gets his own room! But Dash won't give up his place as the favorite dog without a fight.

My Thoughts:

Who couldn't love a story about a cute, curious puppy? Dash was not only adorable but funny too! Dash thinks the new sweeper is another dog. Th
Medeia Sharif
Jul 11, 2014 Medeia Sharif rated it it was amazing
The Super Sweeper 5000 vacuum is in the house, and Dash isn’t happy. He’s a dog who doesn’t like the competition. The mechanical creature runs around the house, eats crumbs, and is even allowed on the bed! This is a cute and fun picture book. I loved how the story was told through Dash’s perspective.
Terrie
Terrie rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2012
Kelly Hashway
Oct 01, 2011 Kelly Hashway rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Leslie Cargile
Leslie Cargile rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2011
Elena
Elena rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2012
 book
book rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2011
Pcd
Pcd rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Katie Clark
Katie Clark rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Lorraine
Lorraine rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2012
Sherry Alexander
Sherry Alexander rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Kevin Hull
May 12, 2015 Kevin Hull rated it really liked it
Charming and fun.
Kelly Hashway
Mar 16, 2011 Kelly Hashway rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Angie Schaefer
Angie Schaefer rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Laura rated it really liked it
May 24, 2011
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2013
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2013
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Goldy
Goldy rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2011
Heena
Heena rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Kelly Hashway fully admits to being one of the most accident-prone people on the planet, but that didn’t stop her from jumping out of an airplane at ten thousand feet one Halloween. Maybe it was growing up reading R.L. Stine’s Fear Street books that instilled a love of all things scary and a desire to live in a world filled with supernatural creatures, but she spends her days writing speculative ...more
More about Kelly Hashway...