Start by marking “Justice League of America: Team History” as Want to Read:
Justice League of America: Team History

Justice League of America: Team History (Justice League of America Vol. II #7)

2.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  127 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
A new era begins for the JLA as a one-time member falls before he can warn the team of looming peril — while what's left of the JLA journeys to the heart of their past to decide if the team has any future at all.

Also in this volume, the BLACKEST NIGHT darkens the skies over the Justice League. Can the team get it together in time to survive the return of the undead Dr. L
Published September 20th 2011 by DC Comics (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Justice League of America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice League of America

Jeff
Jul 30, 2015 Jeff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Two and a half stars rounded down.

It's a Justice League comic, so let’s have a role call to see who’s in the house:

Superman? No.

Batman? Nope.

Wonder Woman? Negative.

The Flash? Sorry, no.

Okay, I’m desperate – Aquaman? No. Whew!

Alright, just who is in the clubhouse:

Vixen. With a broken leg.

Red Tornado. Whoopie! DC’s Vision. Just as exciting, too.

Plastic Man. But he’s all melty, and looks like he’s been out at the beach all day bird dogging women.

Dr. Light. Hot Asian female version, not the angry d
Brad
All I can say is it was kinda meh. Not horrible, just nothing that sparked much interest.

At least there was a lot of dead. :)
Anthony
Jan 11, 2012 Anthony rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I've always loved James Robinson's writing (on his classic Starman run and The Golden Age miniseries, various iterations of The Justice Society and somewhat on the recent Cry For Justice) and I'm always a fan of Mark Bagley's art, but this collection disappointed me on almost all fronts.

The individual issues this book collects (#38-43) were difficult enough to follow along with when published monthly, coming as they did in the midst of several company-wide and "JLA franchise" cross-overs and min
Drian Nash
Something wierd happened half way through this book. I saw a character I reconised but didn't know who it was. So i just dismissed it. Then it happened again execpt this time I knew who it was and it was a different girl.
It was Gwen stacey from Ultimate Spiderman. I flipped back to the other girl and it was Mary Jane with black hair.

I remember reading a review of Ulitmate spiderman where the reviewer said that the artist draw all the faces the same and I dissaggreed.....Now I dont disagree. I do
Ubalstecha
Collection of issues 38 to 43 of the Justice League. This league is not a great collection of heroes fighting together to bring down justice, but rather it is falling apart at the seams, with a rotating door for membership after the horror of Blackest Night. Members are grieving. Others are disheartened. And several are out of action due to their injuries.

But the problem with this book is that it is a collection of issues that were published during a company-wide event, and we are missing some o
TJ Shelby
Sep 15, 2010 TJ Shelby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc
Timothy Boyd
Feb 04, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always enjoyed the JLA, in all it's various incarnations through the decades. This new modern JLA is a very enjoyable read. Great art and plot make this JLA a great read for an older fan or a perfect place for a new fan. Very recommended
Mark Stratton
Mar 02, 2016 Mark Stratton rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I like Robinson a lot as a writer, but this was a disjointed collection for me. I may become less critical by reading collections before and after, but as a stand alone TPB, it left me with more questions than answers.
Dony Grayman
Edición española publicada como JLA tomo 2 que traduce el crossover con La Noche más Oscura.
Mike
Jun 18, 2012 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed-series

Disjointed plot, when there is even any forward progression of the story. Missing facts, so the Faithful Reader must buy other DC comics to keep up. Art that doesn't make the action clear, but gives every woman at least a 36C figure and en exotic dancer's movements. Dialogs like every villain has a Ph.D. and every hero a conflicted, tortured life (except Congorilla. Maybe.). In the end, it truly was sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Shannon Appelcline
This volume is unfortunately hampered badly by a constantly changing roster. A two-issue diversion into a big Blackest Night fight doesn’t help much, though the look back at the Detroit league ends up being one of the best elements of an otherwise incoherent volume. Robinson’s excessive use of thought dialogue also doesn’t help. Nor the fact that the plot doesn’t actually end.
Matt Anderson
So bad...so, so bad...

As someone that has not read a lot of JLA, this was not an easy book to jump right into. There were many things that I was confused on with both events that were mentioned and characters that I did not recognize. Although the Blackest Night tie-in story was better than the rest of the book, it still was not that good. I cannot recommend this book.
Steve
Jun 03, 2011 Steve rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Not a fan of Bagley's art, first of all, and practically nothing even happens in this volume. It's almost all set-up of a story to be resolved elsewhere with a musical chair line-up of B-list heroes. It's a shame because James Robinson on JLA should be a homerun. Too bad he got stuck with Mon-El, Dick Grayson, and Donna Troy as the "big three" he could have in the book.
Mike
Feb 11, 2012 Mike rated it liked it
Shelves: justice-league
This is very much a transition book. Starts with the previous league in Blackest Night, has an increased roster for about an issue..then they all leave bar 4 by the end.
The art by Bagley isn't my favourite but it's not the worst. There are a lot of great concepts in the book and some nice flashbacks. All in all this book was missing something, and felt a little hollow.
Alex Sarll
James Robinson has written some wonderful comics - but even with the Shade and a Starman making appearances, this is not one of them. A mess, pulled hither and thither with no sense of direction, never giving any indication that it exists for a reason beyond DC's obligation to keep publishing a Justice League comic.
Federiken Masters
Dec 17, 2012 Federiken Masters marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Veremos...
Recommended to Federiken by: Serie y precio
Admito que me compré este tomo más que nada por una cuestión de completismo (ya que había conseguido a buen precio los números #1 y #3), pero como tampoco me salió caro, sube a la lista de ofertas bien aprovechadas. Bah, lo de "bien" ya lo veré cuando lo lea.
Bethany Vincent
I'm not really into comic books/graphic novels so this book wouldn't be something I would choose to read again. I think if you like comics then this book would be an interesting read.
Scott Bryan
Dec 02, 2011 Scott Bryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. The art was good and the story good. I do wish we'd see more of those new members before they left off panel.
Brian
Jan 03, 2012 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
didn't really care for the art. the story felt like a ....middle chapter...in a bigger story, or couple of stories.
John Yelverton
When your children ask what killed the Justice League of America book, you can point right here.
Peter
Peter added it
Jun 25, 2016
Scott Lerer
Scott Lerer marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Thad
Thad rated it it was ok
May 19, 2016
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Andres
Andres rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2016
  • Nightwing: Renegade
  • JLA, Vol. 18: Crisis of Conscience
  • Red Robin, Vol. 4: 7 Days of Death
  • JLA: The Deluxe Edition Vol. 4
  • Tiny Titans, Vol. 5: Field Trippin'
  • Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet
  • Young Justice Vol. 4: Invasion
  • The Astounding Wolf-Man, Volume 2
  • Batman: Eye of the Beholder
  • The Spirit, Vol. 2
  • The New Teen Titans Omnibus, Vol. 1
James Robinson is a British writer, best known for his work in comic books and screenplays. He is well-known for his encyclopedic knowledge of comic book continuity, especially regarding the Golden Age of comic books. His earliest comic book work came in the late 1980s, but he became best known for his revitalization of the character Starman for DC comics in the 1990s. In addition, he has written ...more
More about James Robinson...

Justice League of America Vol. II (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Justice League of America, Vol. 1: The Tornado's Path