Start by marking “Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath” as Want to Read:
Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath

Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath

As well-researched as a scholarly work, yet with the immediacy and accessibility of a layman, Puzzling People is a first-person account of the cheats, the charlatans, the liars, the neglectful parents, abusive teachers, two-faced politicians and their Psychopathic Control Grid, tyrannical bosses and colleagues from hell we have all encountered, including the lying lovers w ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Velluminous Press

To ask other readers questions about Puzzling People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puzzling People

Leticia
Jun 25, 2013 Leticia rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I forget how I came across this book. All I remember is scanning one of the many online bookstores that I frequent, seeing it pop up in a list somewhere, and thinking, "I really want to read that".

So I bought it on a whim, without reading reviews, without even having a concrete idea as to what it was about. The best kind of purchase - totally self-driven.

It was worth however much it was, the twenty-something dollars. Thomas Sheridan has a very conversational style about him. He finds a thread,
Bryn Dunham
Apr 26, 2012 Bryn Dunham rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-psychology
This book started out promising but quickly turned...peculiar. Indeed this was about psychopaths/sociopaths and their traits along with examples in the form of testimonials from their victims. The author makes the point, correctly in my opinion, that not all sociopaths are criminals or psycho ax murderers but are the ultimate human predator capable of anything to achieve their ends. The book then turns into a "self-help" book about how to deal with and rid oneself on the psychopath in their life ...more
Carlos
Sep 22, 2012 Carlos rated it it was amazing
This is the next step in teaching my students to defend themselves against these sick people ,they are everywhere 1 in 25,think about that they are everywhere especially the people I have known in life.Thomas should be given a medal for this great work.
Faith
Sep 09, 2012 Faith rated it really liked it
Was incredibly helpful to me. I like the author isn't a psychiatrist or researcher. It gives him the leeway to spout opinions, many of which made me think "Yes! Exactly!"
Jenny Duffy
Jun 09, 2011 Jenny Duffy rated it it was amazing
Enlightening and empowering reading. Spot on. Highly recommend!!
Froztwolf
Oct 04, 2012 Froztwolf rated it liked it
A lot of the information in there is quite interesting, but the poor structure, endless repetitions and extremely judgmental tone of the book drag it down by quite a bit. I was never excited to read on because there was no logical progression in the book.

Phrases such as "increasingly violent video games where your child can assume the role of a hero who gains extra points by having sex with a prostitute and then killing her to get his money back" stand out to someone well familiar with the game
Scott
Apr 14, 2013 Scott rated it liked it
I have to agree with many of the other reviews. The book seemed well researched and then became really strange towards the end (global conspiracies? really?). The first three quarters are definitely worth reading though. Just a warning: the author repeats himself a lot and the editing isn't very good (plenty of missing words). So if things like that distract or annoy you, don't bother with it.
Jodi
Jan 26, 2012 Jodi rated it it was amazing
He knows his psychopaths and traits but you have to be willing to see his philosophy of life through a biblical view. He so close to understanding demonic activity but his spiritual eyes are not open. His youtube videos are so well done! Very helpful book.
Martin Rose
Dec 30, 2014 Martin Rose rated it it was ok
It was an all right book. The author makes no bones about not coming from an academic background; which is good because there's a variety of things which don't really hold up to hard and fast science. But I think the book has a lot of value for people who've been damaged by sociopaths/psychopaths and are looking for something to validate and confirm that what they've experienced is real. And that's worthwhile.

While I've certainly plumbed the depths of conspiracy theory in the dark hours of the n
Katie
Mar 31, 2014 Katie rated it did not like it
I read this in the context of doing research for my doctoral dissertation (in psychology). I think it's important that I am clear about the context of this, as if I was a layperson I may have rated quite a bit higher. The author of this book may have done his own research, as I sure hope he did considering he is not in this field at all. There are zero citations telling me where he got his information, so I have no idea how reputable his information is. Furthermore, it is unclear what is fact an ...more
Shelley
Mar 31, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it
Interesting insights, mostly based on authors opinions, however he does site credible references, some of which I am familiar with. If you are interested in this topic on a personal level, then I recommend that you read it. Author does seem to spiral into a little paranoid frenzy near the end of the book - topic related to people in power positions in governments. Take what you like from this book and leave the rest! It was worth the Kindle price.
Toni Michelle
Jan 18, 2015 Toni Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book for anyone who has known toxic people and situations, especially for those empaths among you. This book helped me make sense of what has happened to me during my life and gives helpful, practical advice on what to do and where to go for more information. Because this book is not written by someone in the current medical establishment, the author can say the things that those people depending on grants for research cant say. I can fully recommend this book.
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Feb 09, 2014 Linda Branham Greenwell rated it it was amazing
A great descriptive understanding of the psychopath. It should be a great help to anyone who has ever encountered a psychopath
The statistics say 10% of the population - but they seem to be more prevalent than that... maybe because they have such a devastating impact on those whose lives they touch.
Inquiring Minds
Dec 08, 2012 Inquiring Minds rated it it was amazing
I found myself agreeing with practically everything Thomas Sheridan describes in this book, and I have purchased copies of this book for the younger members of my family for their Christmas presents this year. A handy reference book for them as they move through life encountering new people. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Colin Mcnamara
Apr 17, 2016 Colin Mcnamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great discussion in layman a terms of the life of a psychopath

Pros
- written in laymans terms
- conversational writing style
- real world advice on how to deal with these people

Cons
- political slant
- lack of citations for research
David
Apr 29, 2014 David rated it it was amazing
A great read. Powerful insight into the minds and behaviour of these predators. As fascinating as it is disturbing. Highly recommend!
Squeasel
Aug 28, 2014 Squeasel rated it liked it
The first half was pretty on target, but the second half umm got a bit kooky for my personal taste.
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Donnaleigh
Donnaleigh rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Richaele
Richaele rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2014
Shawn Lowe
Shawn Lowe rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Lada
Lada rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
Bequem Waltz
Bequem Waltz rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2013
Stellium Astrology
Stellium Astrology rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Aerika
Aerika rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Darius
Darius rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2017
karen cance
karen cance rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
carol foulds
carol foulds rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
David Moore
David Moore rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Tigz
Tigz rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Surviving a Shark Attack (On Land): Overcoming Betrayal and Dealing with Revenge
  • The Psychopath: Emotion and the Brain
  • Living and Loving after Betrayal: How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity, and Chronic Resentment
  • Women Who Love Psychopaths
  • Welcome to Your Crisis: How to Use the Power of Crisis to Create the Life You Want
  • Life After Loss: A Practical Guide To Renewing Your Life After Experiencing Major Loss
  • Get Your Act Together: 7-Day Get-Organized Program For The Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed, A
  • The Face of Imperialism
  • Remember Who You Are: Remember Where You Are and Where You Come from
  • Worry
  • The Way of Transition: Embracing Life's Most Difficult Moments
  • The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists
  • Healing Grief: Reclaiming Life After Any Loss
  • The Secret Sex Life of a Single Mom
  • Living with Your Heart Wide Open: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Unworthiness, Inadequacy, and Shame
  • Serial Murderers and Their Victims
  • You Can Be Right (or You Can Be Married): Looking for Love in the Age of Divorce
  • Anyway: The Paradoxical Commandments: Finding Personal Meaning in a Crazy World
There is more than one author with this name

Internationally renowned artist, author, musician, public speaker and independent researcher currently based in the West of Ireland. His illustrations have appeared on the cover of newstand magazines, books and websites worldwide. He is best known for being the author of the book Puzzling People: the Labyrinth of the Psychopath. The book was well receive
More about Thomas Sheridan...

“One of the reasons circus clowns terrify sensitive individuals is because their image triggers an instinctual response within us concerning a collective archetypal folk memory of the potential evil which might lay behind the painted-on smile. We know the smile of the circus clown is fake and that underneath the expression can be a malicious sneer.” 1 likes
“We have to love ourselves first in order to attract the kind of people and situations to love us back in return. There is no way around this. We exist as individuals for a reason. Unconditional love is conditional on loving oneself firstly and being secure in this.” 0 likes