Start by marking “Lettres d'amour à Joséphine” as Want to Read:
Lettres d'amour à Joséphine

Lettres d'amour à Joséphine

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Toute la passion de cet homme incroyable est exprimée dans ce recueil. « Ce n’est pas avec mon épée, mais avec ma tête nourrie de lectures que j’ai conquis le monde » disait-il, et ses lectures furent sans doute bien romantiques. De l’ardeur corse à la froideur impériale, c’est l’histoire d’un amour, d’un homme et d’une femme.
Collection Lettres d'amour, 76 pages
Published 2002 by Saint Mont

To ask other readers questions about Lettres d'amour à Joséphine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lettres d'amour à Joséphine

Ruby Black
A sliver of a glimpse into the man Napoleon was as a lover, husband, and father.

The push and pull between duty (the ambition we are all very acquainted with associating to Napoleon) and personal desire (his love and desire to be with Josephine) is very apparent in the letters.

Napoleon's undying love for Josephine remains carefully hidden in his delicate words, but it is always there as he asks her continuously to remember (even after their divorce): "Never doubt the interest I take in you and t
Emma
I'm not a romantic in the slightest. This was one of those things I felt I should read because the book was there to be read. I saw it in the library and thought, yeah, definitely need to have that on my list of books read. I like learning new things about historical figures.

Napoleon was dull. It was the same old same old in these letters. So repetitive...'Josephine, you have not written! Why have you not written?!?! I have conquered ANOTHER country. I demand you write! I took 10 squillion soldi
May
Napoleon's passion for Josephine is so powerful and demanding, I can see how the man could conquer Europe. She had to be exceptional to stand his outpouring energy and jealousy!
In the last year, I've also read letters from Henri IV to his ex-wife, mistresses and children, which did not disappoint me (Henri IV is my favorite French king), for their delightful finesse. I also read letters by Louis XIV, but only a few: they are so self-aggrandizing it's sickening after a while. I feel sorry for Lo
Amandine
Très belles lettres qui montrent une facette un peu différente de Napoélon: celle de l'homme privé, de l'amoureux, derrière celle de l'homme public, le général et empereur. Les premières lettres sont particulièrement belles et expriment son amour débordant, sa jalousie dévorante et sa souffrance d'être loin d'elle pendant les premières années et la campagne d'Italie. Les suivantes, pendant la guerre de Russie et après leur divorce, sont beaucoup plus courtes et froides: j'ai l'impression que les ...more
Alejandro Monsivais
Really a passionate book, passionate letters and a great way to express how the hearths could feel when is between love, lies and distance.
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Ben R. Liu
Ben R. Liu marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Beate Matvejeva
Beate Matvejeva marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Audrey Monaco
Audrey Monaco marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Summer Rosa-mullen
Summer Rosa-mullen marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Rwnom Edgar
Rwnom Edgar marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Sona
Sona marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Elangwe Nelson
Elangwe Nelson marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Gelina
Gelina is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2015
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Dipu
Dipu marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Melanie Rightmyer
Melanie Rightmyer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Aohori
Aohori marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Lucia Geng
Lucia Geng marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
GAP
GAP marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
TH_NK Shop
TH_NK Shop marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Steve Simmons
Steve Simmons marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Shemi Mohammed
Shemi Mohammed marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Boban
Boban marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Liza Kurian
Liza Kurian marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
  • Bread Upon the Waters
  • Euphemania: Our Love Affair with Euphemisms
  • Clarkson on Cars
  • Stop Stealing Dreams
Napoleon I (born Napoleone di Buonaparte, later Napoléon Bonaparte)was a French military and political leader who had significant impact on modern European history. He was a general during the French Revolution, the ruler of France as Premier Consul of the French Republic, Empereur des Français, King of Italy, Mediator of the Swiss Confederation and Protector of the Confederation of the Rhine.

Born
More about Napoléon Bonaparte...
Love Letters of Great Men, Volume 1 Napoleon's Art of War (Barnes & Noble Library of Essential Reading) Clisson and Eugénie Napoleon on Napoleon: An Autobiography of the Emperor Maxims of Napoleon (Large Print)