Start by marking “Chicken Soup of the Expectant Mothers Soul” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup of the Expectant Mothers Soul

Chicken Soup of the Expectant Mothers Soul

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  320 ratings  ·  29 reviews

Every year, millions of women wait with anticipation as they watch their test strip change from white to pink, thus beginning the awesome adventure of becoming a mother. This latest Chicken Soup book will find a place in the loving hearts and anxious minds of expectant mothers (and some fathers, too!).

Written by expectant mothers, veteran moms and fathers-to-be, these stor

Published (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup of the Expectant Mothers Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup of the Expectant Mothers Soul

Lily
thanks to my friend who gave me this
actually when i read it, it's a little bit too late cause i've already gave birth^_^
anyway, what i like most was the poetry in the beginning of pages

Baby's Choice

Did you ever think, dear Mother,
As the seeds of me you sowed,
As you breathed new life inside of me
And slowly watched me grow,
In all your dreams about me
When you planned me out so well,
When you couldn't wait to have me there
Inside your heart to dwell,

Did you ever think that maybe,
I was planning for yo
Jatining Siti
Saya merasa beruntung telah membeli buku ini 2 tahun lalu dengan harga miring di Jakarta Book Fair. Meskipun saat itu belinya sekedar iseng karena harganya sedang diskon, ternyata buku ini berguna juga saat sedang benar-benar menjadi 'expectant mother'.

Kalau boleh, saya ingin merekomendasikan buku ini untuk para calon orang tua (calon ibu dan calon ayah), para orang tua baru, dan orang tua lama :)

Membaca buku ini seperti naik roller coaster. Saya bisa tertawa terbahak-bahak sampai menitikkan air
Steph Hundt
Being that I am a true blue fan of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, I was excited to reach the milestone of being pregnant so I could enjoy these stories. As usual this book did not disappoint. The stories were touching and poignant. I loved that there were stories from a new dad's point of view, an adoptive parent's point of view and of course a mother's point of view. This was the perfect book to read on lunch at work even though more often than not I came back to work with a blotchy fac ...more
Mary Elizabeth Morton
Just what I needed to be reading as I complete the last 2 1/2 weeks of my fifth pregnancy. Uplifting & inspiring.
Nikki
Oct 31, 2009 Nikki rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pregnant women
Overall I thought this book was okay. I have read others in the chicken soup series that I have enjoyed more. I had higher expectations for this one, since I am so excited about my pregnancy. However, a number of the stories I thought were just so-so. I don't know I guess I thought that I would have been laughing or crying with each story and honestly I was really only touched by a handful of them. The rest were either amusing or just kinda there. I wanted to like them more and kept hoping, but ...more
Elysse

I enjoyed some of these stories, however most of them were cliche parenting stories. I did like that the writers also chose stories from adoptive parents and other complications during pregnancy, although I didn't really learn anything new about pregnancy, I did gain some appreciation that I am and it seems to be going smoothly.
Siti
Buku ini berkisah mengenai pengalaman-pengalaman kontributornya pada masa-masa kehamilan, prakehamilan, atau pada masa-masa susahnya mendapatkan keturunan yang akhirnya memutuskan untuk mengadopsi anak. Dari buku ini kita bisa mendapatkan bagaimana keluarga-keluarga (yang saya pikir saling menyayangi) dalam usaha mereka mendapatkan buah hati.
This book has a very strong lean toward people who have had lots of trouble getting to be parents. So, very inspirational in that way. All the stories were adorable. It was neat to have them written from new and 'well seasoned' mothers. The stories brought tears to my eyes more than once.
Charity
Given to me and read during my pregnancy. Most stories were pretty lame. However, I adored the Erma Bombeck story. I never would have picked this book up on my own and this will be the last of the Chicken Soup books I read. Not my style.
Linda
I received this book from my sister-in-law when I was pregnant with my first child. It was also the first Chicken Soup book I read! Absolutely loved the stories of anticipation, waiting for your child to be born!
Shafariyah
Dec 18, 2007 Shafariyah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls, women, mothers
buku ini memberi inspirasi buat para gadis, calon ibu, ibu-ibu, yg pengen hamil, yg lagi hamil, yg mau melahirkan, yg lagi punya baby..pokoknya yg berhubungan dengan yg namanya ibu.
Be a mother is a great adventure!
Amanda Pfeifer
Jan 05, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All expectant mothers
Recommended to Amanda by: my mom
What a lovely group of heart warming short stories. Each story brings a smile to your face, as you realize you are slowly being able to relate to the "motherhood" stories.
Laurel
I am a fan of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books and this is no exception. :-) I read it twice before I had baby #2.
Donna DeBoer
Great stories of becoming a parent..whether giving birth or adopting.. some made me cry.. :) I am glad I read this book.
Banana
I honestly don't know why I read this book, but I really liked it. The stories really made me want to have a child someday.
Sondang
and because of the hormones I guess (yeah, keep blaming on them, girl!), most of the stories brought tears in my eyes.
Jasmin
This is a great book to pick up every once in a while and read a story before going to bed throughout pregnancy
Lisa
It had some good stories that get you even more excited about having a baby. I loved the funny comics in there too.
Mandy
CAUTION: Do NOT Read When Pregnant!
Will cause multiple tears to fall due to raging hormones!
Debbie Swanson
While it was cute (bought for my expectant daughter) I found it not very helpful for myself:0)
Katemonster23
Sep 21, 2009 Katemonster23 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm over half way done and haven't cried yet. I pride myself on that!
Linsey
some stories were touching others I could have passed up. I thought it was ok
Heather
I really enjoyed some of the stories, but it became repetitive after awhile.
Lisa
Jan 26, 2009 Lisa is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far, so good. There's even some good stories for my husband.
Diana Moedasir
cerita perjuangan beberapa calon ibu...hmm..mengharukan!
Melissa
Very sweet book. I love all the stories in it.
Me=sap; therefore, I loved this book.
Sarah Marie
Good stories for moms and dads to be!
  • The Pregnancy Journal: A Day-to-Day Guide to a Healthy and Happy Pregnancy
  • Your Baby and Child: From Birth to Age Five (Revised Edition)
  • Sleeping with Your Baby: A Parent's Guide to Cosleeping
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • Uncle John's Heavy Duty Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #23)
  • Love Is a Decision
  • Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond
  • Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth
  • A Child is Born
  • What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting
  • So That's What They're For!: The Definitive Breastfeeding Guide
  • The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth
  • The Baby Sleep Solution: A Proven Program to Teach Your Baby to Sleep Twelve Hours aNight
  • Catatan Hati Bunda
  • Pelajaran Berharga (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #2)
  • 100,000 + Baby Names:The Most Complete Baby Name Book
  • Touchpoints: Birth to 3 : Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development
  • The Trouble With Lacy Brown (Mule Hollow, #1)

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)