Start by marking “A Mommy for Christmas (The Oklahoma Brands, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Mommy for Christmas (The Oklahoma Brands, #4)

A Mommy for Christmas (The Oklahoma Brands #4)

When Chicago cop Jimmy Corona returns to his Oklahoma hometown, he discovers that the once-shy Kara Brand has blossomed into a beautiful woman with heart and courage--a combination that makes her a perfect match for him and his young son. Original.
Mass Market, 248 pages
Published December 1st 2005 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about A Mommy for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mommy for Christmas

Saly
This book had a lot of problems mainly the hero and heroine. The hero was too manipulative and the heroine spineless.

Chicago cop Jim is not pleased to see his ex-wife Angela standing on his door, she is nothing but a crack-whore and his love for him made him hold on to her longer than it was wise and almost killed his son Ty. Everyday his son is in pain dealing with the injuries his mother caused him when he was just two months old. He is even more disgusted when she comes to ask him to let her
Melody Cox
Mar 01, 2017 Melody Cox rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in this series and it was quite good. I love this series and highly recommend it!
Lisa Kay
3 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book. There were some major plot sinkers that briefly took me out of the book. (view spoiler) ...more
Amelia-Irene
Jul 17, 2016 Amelia-Irene rated it really liked it
My book actually has the title "Feels Like Home" for this ISBN#

A cop whose ex-wife had crippled their one month old baby due to her drug addiction, is introduced in the first pages, trying to get the cop to change a plea against her new boyfriend/pimp.

The cop & his partner need a safe place to stay for a month, taking the now 5 year old son with them.

A former high school friend who had a major crush on said cop and throw her into the mix and what do you have? Several adults trying to protec
Sue
Dec 10, 2015 Sue rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, rcftci
Rating 3.25..., I did enjoy it. Man needs a Mom for his disabled son, he rekindles a friendship seeking marriage with a old friend. And then it gets deep, there is action where a killer is on the loose (He's a cop).

It does turn to love but I wasn't overly fond of the "shop for a mom but not a wife" theme. It changed of course, but it's not one of my favorite themes.
Pamela
One manipulative hero and one spineless, stupid heroine does not make for a great story.
Dee Lewis
Truly disappointed

How an author with good stories, compelling characters can execute it so miserably is sad. The Editting is nonexistent. Spellcheck could have made an improvement. One errant line said Wes was present in the story. He was not. If at least 100 proof reading mistakes doesn't scare you off it's a cute story, but I'd like my money back.
Bev Walkling
Maggie Shayne books are ones that i typically find enjoyable easy reads and this one was no exception. There was enough suspense to keep things moving and a touch of paranormal that helps save the day at a crucial moment in the story. One of the most enjoyable things about all the books in Maggie's "Brand" series is seeing how a family comes together to support each other through thick and thin.
Valerie Dixon
Looking for a Christmas read?
Maggie Shayne's A Mommy for Christmas is sure to have you feeling the Christmas spirit! All little Tyler wants for Christmas is a mommy! This little boy has had to struggle to survive since he was a baby and his daddy - Chicago cop Jimmy Corona - is bound and determined to make his Christmas wish come true. Forced to return to his hometown for the holidays, Corona sets his sight on one of the Brand girls.
Kara Brand is not the same painfully shy girl that Jimmy Corona
Teresa Bowen
Nov 17, 2014 Teresa Bowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. It's a story of a father Jim raising his 4 year old son by himself. His ex-wife is a drug addict and when Ty was an infant she got high and then fell down the stairs so now Ty has leg braces and crutches. Jim goes to his hometown to get a mother for him. Love doesn't enter into his plans but for her to love his son. Added to this his ex has hooked up with a very bad man who wants to get Jim to change his story on the arrest.He meets Kara Brand and the story goes from there. S ...more
Charity
Jun 03, 2012 Charity rated it it was amazing
So I bought the books out of order ( I didn't know tht at the time) But this is the first book I bought of the series. I couldn't help but love it, I know in the Secrets and Lies review I said Mel was my favorite and we acted a like....but I can't help relating to Kara too, kind gentle, wears her heart on her sleeve and keeps giving even when it hurts. Maybe thts why I love this series so much, I can relate to all the sisters. If you haven't read this book or if your wanting to read it, You won' ...more
Alison Davies
Feb 07, 2015 Alison Davies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cop Jimmy was broken by his ex wife and the injuries she caused their son... He set out to find a mother for him, it didnt matter if jimmy didn't love her, so long as she loved Tyler.... His chief makes him take 3 weeks vacation, to do with on of his cases and he goes back to his childhood home, he bumps into Kara... soon he realises she's perfect for Tyler and sets out to make her believe he loves her, so she will marry him...
Tasneem
Kara and Jim's story is about giving love a chance. Jim is convinced that he can't trust love, that he won't marry for love but what and who is best for his son Tyler. But Kara changes his mind through her goodness of character and her ability to love his son without reservations. Kara on the other hand is willing to settle for a marriage without love because she's been in love with Jim since she was 16. But they learn that love has a tendency to sneak up on you and Jim finally learns to love.
Suzie Weber
May 22, 2016 Suzie Weber rated it really liked it
Before I started this fourth book in this series the author talked about what was going on in her life at that time and explained why she re-edited it. Because of that I managed to get through the this without wanting to give Jimmy a head injury with a baseball bat. The love and dedication for his son was heart felt. Again this series is a family affair each book. Love that the whole gang is here.
Pam Koenig
Aug 13, 2015 Pam Koenig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story

Yes, Maggie Shayne can write great stories with hot love scenes, but not all stories need them. This is another installment in the Brand's series, and has all the trademarks of the other stories, family and love. Kara finally gets her story, a hot man, a cute kid and her mom and sisters support. The only sister still single is Selene, have to find her story.
Cheryl L Rybolt
Jun 19, 2015 Cheryl L Rybolt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Brand's Family!

Kara Brand is the sensitive and innocent Brand sister. Her sister Edie has been trying to help her build up her self confidence by teaching her how to dress, walk confidently, and always hold up her head. Today she is going to the bank to get financing so she can start her child care business. She had no idea how her life was about to change.
Bonnie Moore
May 12, 2015 Bonnie Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wrong Motive

Well another one down and only two more in this series. I find I don't want to put the book down once I start. The Texas will be next. You won't be disappointed reading this series.
Michele bookloverforever
tearjerker about a crippled little boy with a single dad full of trust issues. danger, intrigue, a loving, kind , sweet virgin....kidnapping, overcrowding bad guy...ends happily for the good guys and gals.
Lori
Jan 04, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kara, the sweetheart

Kara and Jimmy make the cutest couple. Kara has a heart of gold and would help anyone. Jimmy just wants a mom for his son. But these two learn, the heart wants what it wants and there is no fighting that!
NV
Feb 01, 2015 NV rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good storyline

Good storyline and interesting characters I like getting to know the family and their stories.
I wish the proofing was better on the books that makes me want to take a red pen to the book.
Cali Jewel
Jul 06, 2015 Cali Jewel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kara Brand has the biggest heart ever and is so taken with the little boy Ty that is new to town. Jimmy Corona just wants to make his boy happy but never expect to fall in love. This is a great holiday story with the added bonus of action. Love it
Rita
Dec 26, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kept me guessing what would happen next. I really enjoyed this book. Just enough suspense to keep you on the edge. The road to love is not always easy. Or even honest. Can he find a Mom for his son, without loving her? He darn well is gonna try! Great story!
Cate
Nov 28, 2013 Cate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Completely adorable. Another winner from Maggie! Even though this is not in my preferred genres I loved the story line, and it was a fairly quick read.

Love happy endings? Love the tough guy with the soft core? Love finding the heroine who can save him? This will fit all those bills!
 Chele
**also titled, 'Feels Like Home'
charmaine White
Nov 27, 2016 charmaine White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

A whole lot of action,suspense and mystery.Hold on to your seat with this one.The bad just keep coming.But love wins out in the end.
Anna
Feb 02, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holiday read with the heartwarming Brand family of Oklahoma.
Sandy
Nov 29, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This is such a great series. A little fast action, a loyal family that sticks together through thick and thin, and a lot of love.
Janine
Aug 30, 2015 Janine rated it it was ok
Too much too soon.
Rita C
Oct 14, 2015 Rita C rated it liked it
Mostly fairly enjoyable. Hard to put down!
Lesley
Jan 11, 2015 Lesley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, better stop with the romance novels, actually the story wasn't bad but the editing was not great which took a lot away from the read.
  • Moonglow
  • Drawing Me In (Stewart Island, #7)
  • Cinderella's Cowboy (This Old House #4)
  • Kiss The Bride (Montana Born Brides, #5)
  • Two Nights With His Bride (Montana Born Brides, #6; Wild Montana Nights, #2)
  • His Defiant Princess (Royal Holiday, #3)
  • Last Chance Christmas
  • Love Down Under: Eight New Zealand & Australian Feel-Good Beach Romances
  • Never Refuse a Sheikh (International Bad Boys, #5)
  • Death Cache (Romance on the Edge, #4)
  • Some Girls Don't (Outback Heat, #2)
  • Where There's a Will (Whiskey River, #1)
  • Love on Main Street
  • The Fairy Tale Bride (Montana Born Brides, #1)
  • His Forbidden Princess (Royal Holiday, #4)
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Confessing to the Cowboy (Cowboy Cafe, #4)
  • Golde the Mother (Lost Tales of Mercia, #1)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

The Oklahoma Brands (6 books)
  • The Brands Who Came For Christmas (The Oklahoma Brands, #1)
  • Brand New Heartache (The Oklahoma Brands, #2)
  • Secrets and Lies (The Oklahoma Brands, #3)
  • Dangerous Lover (The Oklahoma Brands, #5)
  • Sweet Vidalia Brand (The Oklahoma Brands, #6)