Start by marking “Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)” as Want to Read:
Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson #4)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  6,474 ratings  ·  472 reviews
Just as Jane Jameson’s unlife seems to be stabilizing, fate sinks its fangs firmly into her butt. Despite her near-phobia of all things marital, her no-frills nighttime nuptials to her sexy boyfriend Gabriel are coming along smoothly. But the road to wedded bliss gets bumpy when a teenage acquaintance is fatally wounded in front of Jane’s shop and she turns him to save his ...more
Published February 28th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

Can't Wait Books of 2012
102nd out of 2,493 books — 15,916 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
62nd out of 621 books — 1,785 voters

More lists with this book...

Karla

4.5 Stars! Excellent finale to the series!!

*snicker…snort…laughing…grin…guffaw…howling…wheezing…smirking…chuckling…bwhahahaha…smiling*
Me, while reading this book!

One laugh right after another, this was the best one yet!!

Jane and Gabriel in their period wedding attire.
 photo JaneandGabiel_zps842c6b53.jpg

The antics leading up to Jane and Gabriel’s wedding were nothing short of hilarious!! I had a blast listening to this series and I’m sad to see it end, but it ended on a high note. I know I haven’t seen the last of these character
Jessica Hatfield
I loved this Book! Loved the whole series. I laughed so hard the whole series is funny and cute and draws you in..... I just fell in love with the characters Loved Gabriel, Jamie, Jane, Dick, Zeb, Jolene, Andrea, Mama and Daddy even Jenny!! I love the wedding and The Jane Austen theme. The part with Jane and her daddy getting cheese fries was too cute. The Friendships are great watching all the trouble they get into and The way Gabriel asked Jane to marry him was my favorite part it was so roman ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors is the fourth in Molly Harper’s Jane Jameson books, and not only a great end to the series, but a nice segue to the spin-off series, Half Moon Hollow.

Jane and Gabriel are finally getting married, but this wouldn’t be Jane Jameson’s undead life if things went smoothly. Ghosts, ghouls, vampires, shifters… you name it and they’re part of Jane’s world. Some are funny, some are annoying, some are charming, and some are damned sexy, but all can be counted on to ke
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
A cute, satisfying ending to the series. The stories never held deep wells of storyline, it was more of a 'hey, this happened, so let's show life afterwards' kind of thing. 'Nice Girls don't bite their neighbors' has some changes in the main character's life with things getting wrapped up, but besides the intro of a newbie, that's basically it.

This is the second book that's focused on a wedding - instead of her best bud and his werewolf love, it's Jane and Gabriel themselves. Enter mother woes,
Roxanne
At some point, your childe may challenge you to a fight. Try not to beat the childe too badly. Imagine having your mother knock you into unconsciousness. It would be emotionally scarring on several levels.
- Siring for the Stupid: A beginner's Guide to Raising Newborn Vampires

Oh how I've missed you Jane...

I never get bored hearing about all the new problems Jane has managed to get herself into. In the 4th installment of this hilarious series Jane has her big wedding to plan. On top of that Jane
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

Molly Harper never fails to bring the snark and a pinch of sexy to her loveable characters. So I was excited to jump into another light and fun read with Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors.

Jane and the group are back for another fun-filled mystery. This time around Jane is dealing with her own wedding planning issues, more dead relatives, and being a new mother so to speak.

Seems that someone always wants to kill or at least maim Jane. And she usually make
Jenne
4.75
This was awesome! I lol'ed quite a few times while listening to it. Lots of great Dick Chaney moments too! From my understanding this was the last one and that makes me sad. Jane is always a good pick me up when you want a quick, funny, and entertaining read. I'm not sure where the story arc could go from this point anyways though. Jane seemed to come to terms with a lot of things in this book. I'm happy with the way everything went down. Jane deserves a HEA.

Lindsey
Love this series, cant wait for this one to come out. Has anyone read the her other series of books? About werewolves?
Mandi Schreiner
I adore the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper and was so excited when I learned she would be writing a fourth book. This series makes me laugh and laugh and Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors is a very cute installment.

Jane has settled down in her somewhat new life as a vampire. She runs her bookstore at night now, hangs out with her vampire best friends Dick and Jane and her werewolf best friends Zeb and Jolene. She also just got engaged to her lover, Gabriel. Life is good for Jane until J
Stephanie
When a new Molly Harper "Jane Jameson" book comes out I am always a happy camper and she doesn't disappoint with the newest installment. Filled with Molly's Jane's Molly's Molly's and Jane's snarky repartee, this is the first book in the series that brought tears to my eyes for laughter and poignancy. Yes, there is a slightly sad bit, but it's appropriate to the story line. Romantically sexy but not too steamy.

If you know Jane's mother (think overwhelming) you understand why Jane would be reluct
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Genre* Paranormal Romance (Adult)
Rating* 4.0

*Review*

For 31 year old vampire Jane Jameson, things haven't exactly been easy since she was accidentally shot by a drunk hunter and then turned into a vampire by Gabriel. She's had all sorts people, including Gabriel's ex's, take shots at her in an attempt to kill her permanently.

This time around, Jamie Lanier, the boy Jane used to babysit for when he was a child, is hit by a mysterious car and requests that Jane turn him into a vampire. With Ophelia
Sara
Another funny book in this series, only that I'm sad it's the last one. But Molly Harper is one of my verra favorite authors now so I will read anything else she writes in the future. One thing that made me LOL in the book that I could identify with was the part where Jane and Gabriel find Ray's hideout and she describes that despite Kentucky having many nice looking normal residents, it never fails for a news channel to find the most undesirable to interview about the tornado that passed throug ...more
Sophia (FV)
Originally posted at Fiction Vixen.

This is the fourth book in the series so there may be spoilers from the previous books if you are not up to date.

Light paranormal romance mixed with humor is always hit and miss for me. Either it’s too light and fluffy, or the humor misses the mark. Rarely do I get to read a series like Jane Jameson by Molly Harper, where each book makes me laugh out loud and satisfies my paranormal romance itch.

Jane and Gabriel have been through some crazy times since Gabrie
Larissa
Jane Jameson is back and I, for one, and super excited about it. Molly Harper can right humorous paranormal with a sexy side like no other author I have ever read and she always makes me actually laugh out loud.

I have found that one of the down sides of having a book blog and reading so much is that I have become very picky when it comes to what i read and my standards have definitely never been higher than they are now and utterly loving a book doesn’t happen all that often anymore.

Molly Harper
Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Jane is back in Molly Harper’s fourth installment in her Jane Jameson series, Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors. It’s been a while. In fact, we thought that the third book published back in 2009 would be the last time we saw Jane in a new adventure. But then Molly happy-surprised us and wrote a fourth book – and it has all the endearing qualities that turned us into Jane enthusiasts in the first place.

First I’m going to chat a bit about the story. J
Darcy
This book had me laughing so much. Jane's life seems to be one catastrophe after another, to the point that her family teases her and she is know for that in the vamp community.

I loved seeing Jane navigate getting married and having a child at the same time. Jaime was the typical teenager, but with special vamp issues. I was so mad at his family, so I was glad that Jane incorporated him seamlessly into her crazy family.

The wedding planing stuff with Mama and Jolene and Andrea were super funny.
Heather Book Savvy Babe
*Warning: if you have not read the first 3 books in the series, there may be some spoilers*

Nice Girls Don't Bite their Neighbors brings plenty of laughs, supernatural wedding drama, and surprising developments to Half Moon Hollow and vampire bride Jane Jameson. Jane Jameson has only been a vampire for a few years, and suddenly she finds herself a sire and in charge of a brand new vampire. Along with dealing with the fall-out of turning a teenage boy into a vampire, she has to contend with her mo
Rjsmommy
4.5 FANGS sipping from a blood filled champagne flute

Well, Gabe and Jane finally get engaged in the beginning of this book and must start to plan their wedding. But then two things occur that sidetrack that upcoming crazy train; Jane's Black Widow Grandma dies and begins a nasty haunting of Jane (they never got along) and Jane turns her book store's milk delivery guy after he is a victim of a hit and run (who may actually have been aiming for Jane). Did I mention that he is a very hot high schoo
Samantha
I'll admit I went into this book pretty reluctantly since I had felt that Jane's story had been wrapped-up at the end of the third book. I was worried that Jane and Gabriel wouldn't be able to hold my attention without their usual relationship drama and, sadly, I was right. I spent the majority of this book fairly bored.

In this one, Jane and Gabriel have just moved in with each other and are in the process of planning their wedding. Since its Jane's upcoming wedding you know things are going to
Steph
The tales of Jane Jameson have always been a welcome escape from the darker paranormal books I read. And this one was no different. I had always thought that the series was over after Nice Girls Live Forever was released, but I guess Harper just need a little break to focus on her Naked Werewolf series and to find the right story for Jane before jumping back in. Once again, I was giggling throughout. Harper has a gift for finding the most ridiculous scenarios for a character to go through and yo ...more
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I think this was one of my favorites of the Jane Jameson series. Though most of the 'surprises' I had kinda spoiled by reading the Half Moon Hollow series (but it wasn't anything I was all butt-hurt about getting spoiled - the writing was already 'on the wall' about what plot twists and troubles were headed Jane's way.)

Pretty much if you're a fan of the series and haven't read this... what's holding you back? If you're not a fan of the series, I doubt this book will win you over.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review - Updated with Blog Post link.

Cover: I like it.
Rating NC-17 for some sexual scenes.
Overall: Really Good
Characters: Well written as always
Plot: Funny, light, and a good read.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes, absolutely
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Jaime

SUMMARY (50 word or less)

Molly Harper delivered a witty, light read that was well worth the wait. Although Gabriel was such the sweetheart in this story, a new guy comes to keep us on our toes. When it was revealed
Ellie
I have the tendency to do audio books for all Molly Harper stories and this one was no different. There is something about the woman who performs them, she is just absolutely perfect. PERRRRRRFECT!

I just finished listening to this book and I have to say it doesn't disappoint. A lot happens, there is a lot of mystery and drama but surprisingly no super villain and I liked that. We get to see Jane and Gabe's relationship develop even further and follow how new additions to their family works. We g
Amanda
oh wow!!! LOVED THIS BOOK!!! If i could give it more than 5 stars i would. Hilarious and sexy...i cannot get enough of Jane and Gabriel they have such a great chemistry in their relationship, and might i say M.H love the way you wrote Gabriel's proposal (me being an Austen fan thought it was lovely)! Great addition to "the family" adding Jamie he is too funny...and of course Dick, Andrea, Zeb, and Jolene have me constantly laughing with what comes out of their mouths! Great Job!! hope there's mo ...more
Laura Kreitzer
Molly Harper . . . what can I say? I love your humor and the plots you write. I hope to read many more books from you in the future. Plus, I loved the little details about KY you put in there (hello from a former WKU student), which made this book all the more enjoyable. Please, please never stop writing, and I promise to never scream in your face again (again, sorry about that little RT mishap in Chicago).

To fellow readers: I suggest you move this series up in your to-read pile. Trust me.
Ian
I can't think of all that much to say about this book that I haven't said about the previous books in the series. These books are light, fluffy and funny. Molly Harper is a master wordsmith, the way her books are written, the way her sentences are strung together feels right from start to finish.

Her books only occasionally delve into anything deep. She still puts her opinions forward in her books but it is done so softly that you absorb them without even realizing it.
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

The fourth book in the Jane Jameson series begins when Jane and Gabriel finally agree to get married. Well Jane finally says yes! But it can't all be wedding plan bliss now can it? Nope, Jane ends up hiring a wedding planner, and things start to get a little crazy when it seems like someones trying to hurt Gabriel and Jane both. Now these two have to worry about staying alive until their wedding! And there is another small catch.. Jane now has a childe..
Olivia ツ
“She’s four hundred years old!” I blurted out.
Jamie did a bit of a double take. “Really?”
“Yes. That doesn’t make her a cougar, that makes her a saber-toothed tiger.”
Jamie grinned. “That’s kind of hot.”

And so ends this series (I think). Have thoroughly enjoyed the mixture of comedy, vamps who are badass but still clumsy and the mystery of "whodunit?" Also the audio version is amazing! Amanda Ronconi is a superb narrator.
Julie
Really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole. Jane was a real hoot and it was nice to see her and Gabriel get their HEA. It was nice to read a complete 4 book series as many of the series I read go on and on and on. SO it was nice to have a conclusion. Recommend these to any and love the other books set in this world as well. Looking forward to Molly Harper next book as she has become an autobuy for me
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

This was a cute vampire romance in the vein of the previous Jane Jameson stories. It was enjoyable to listen to while doing other things. I thought the ending was a bit contrived but the humor and hijinks made up for it.
  • The Undead in My Bed (Includes: Midnight Liaisons #1.5, Dark Ones #10.5, Half Moon Hollow #2.5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • Must Love Lycans  (Broken Heart, #8)
  • Wild About You (Love at Stake, #13)
  • Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating, #5)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Tall, Dark & Fangsome (Immortality Bites, #5)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Hell on Heels (Hot Damned #3)
  • Werewolf in the North Woods (Wild About You, #2)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor
More about Molly Harper...

Jane Jameson (4 books)
  • Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
  • Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)
  • Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3)
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3) Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2) The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1)

“I came home to find him propped up on a stack of pillows, sipping blood through a crazy straw (because it amused Zeb) and wearing Star Wars pajamas (because it amused Dick).” 19 likes
“And how is Jamie doing?"

"Fine. He seems to be spending a lot of time in the shower," I noted quietly, my voice so low that even Jamie's super hearing couldn't pick it up.

Dick chuckled, followed by Zeb and Gabriel.

"What?"

"Remember that summer I turned thirteen and my mom complained that she couldn't ever get me out of the bathroom?" Zeb asked.

"Yeah, but that's because you were-" I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Oh!"

"Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting," Zeb said. ""It's one big, horrifying miracle."

"Augh!" I grumbled.”