Start by marking “Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)

Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  31 reviews

The only way to get security agent Luke Dekker to a wedding? An undercover mission as groomsman. He'll bust the groom, a drug cartel heir, before anyone can say "I do." Then Luke can escape all this love and romance nonsense—and the too pretty bridesmaid/agent assigned as his "fiancée" for the weekend. Until Luke discovers that sweet, vulnerable Scarlett Hanson isn't his c
Published May 3rd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Pursuit

Kathy
I thought this was a fun read. It sucked me in from the beginning and I had to keep reading to see what would happen next. When Scarlet arrives in Mexico for her sisters wedding she gets into the wrong cab at the airport her life is changed forever. I liked Scarlet; she was easy to relate to. Especially her bookworm tendencies. She was likable and it was fun to see her take charge when she was clearly way out of her comfort zone. When she enters the cab she come face to face with hottie Luke, wh ...more
Smilinhere
Undercover pursuit by Susan May Warren

Need a suspense??? This is the quick read to grab!! A plane ride, afternoon at the lake, a morning with coffee -- perfect spot to catch a crazy story of mistaking someone for someone else! :)

Some strikingly interesting sections that caught my attention:

God hadn't listened to him since the day he'd broken the Cardinal rules (do not commit adultery) ... He might as well resign himself to the fact that God wasn't going to trust him again.

I can't get past the fa
Marji Laine
Undercover Pursuit by Susan May Warren had me intrigued from the first page. I examined it along with several other books I recently downloaded, just looking through the first few pages for their hooks, the ways that they connected with the reader. Wow, did U.P. ever connect! From the get-go, I had trouble putting it down.

What starts out as a lark, a curious case of mistaken identity, quickly becomes an desperate attempt for protection and a life-threatening situation. Luke Dekker is undercover
Title: UNDERCOVER PURSUIT
Author: Susan May Warren
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
May 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-44440-3
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Security Agent, Luke Dekker has been hired to protect Lucia at her wedding. Another special agent is supposed to act as a bridesmaid, but somehow there’s been a terrible mix-up. The female agent hasn’t shown up. And he’s with the woman he believes is the agent, a woman who was supposed to be at an entirely different wedding…

Scarlett Hanson is tryi
Ashley
I don't read Love Inspired/Love Inspired Suspense books. They tend to be a little too shallow and cheesy for my taste. Or at least those I've tried. Obviously there are many and I haven't sampled them all. I know that a lot of writers get their start writing these and I think that's great! The only thing that could induce me to pick up one of these, though, is seeing the name of an author I already know and trust. Susan May Warren is my absolute all time favorite author, and I would read the pho ...more
Renee
As a romantic suspense enthusiast from way back when, I jumped at the chance to check out Susan May Warren’s Love Inspired Suspense Series: Missions of Mercy. Susan’s a prolific author, but I’ve only read one of her books. So I was eager to see what she would bring to the table for the romantic suspense genre. Here are the pros and cons of what her LI series has to offer . . .

First, the pros:

Exotic locations: check
Heart-stopping suspense: check
Plucky, resourceful heroines: check
Tough heroes
Michelle
Great conclusion to the series. I really enjoyed all three books in this series. This one was fun because of the whole wedding theme mixed with the danger of the drug cartel. I loved Benito and Lucia's story even though they weren't the main characters. I found the whole supermodel sister and Duncan, the ex scenario quite enjoyable, too. There was a lot going on, but not so much that it was hard to follow. Last, the relationship between Scarlett and Luke was quite endearing. The whole set up was ...more
Sandy
A fast read, because I couldn't put it down. I always love reading anything by Susan May Warren. I came across this book at my local library book sale. Great characters, story line and as always a beautiful message of faith, love, trust and hope.
Sara
Undercover Pursuit didn’t have as much suspense as the first two books, but I found it very entertaining and it’s my second favorite of the series. I loved the plot concept of “mistaken identities” from both Luke and Scarlett, and then, following them as they try to figure out what to do about it. Also, this book has a strong faith element. Luke is struggling to realize that he can be forgiven by God for his past mistakes, while Scarlett is trying to realize that she is worth something in Gods e ...more
Mary
I almost rated this wonderful Christian suspense story a 5! The way Susie gets into the character's heads and mind (and don't forget their hearts) is incredible! She acknowledges their physical and emotional needs in a subtle and tasteful way, while allowing their relationship to take its highs and lows.

The suspense of the wrong person being in the wrong place at the wrong time creates a dilemma of fear, drama of mixed truth and lies, and a fantasy of what might be. While Luke concentrates on
BookLover
I loved this book! The story is exactly the fantasy I've had since I was a little girl who grew up watching James Bond movies. Regular girl gets swept up in case of mistaken identity and helps save the day. Of course there's a healthy dose of romance with the dashing hero. This is a clean novel but I could still feel the heat between the main characters. Really delighted to have found Susan May Warren and am downloading the other books in this series (this being book 3). This was a fun and easy ...more
Tanya
Aug 04, 2011 Tanya rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone that likes clean romance
This was an okay book. My MIL loaned it to me and I read it in a day. Personally I found it just a tad unbelievable, I felt like this book was written without much research. Although I listed it as Christian it is not heavy in preaching as some Christian books can be. It is more a book about a Christian living her life and not pushing her beliefs on others.

If you want books that are well done and seem more realistic and just as clean as this try Traci Hunter Abramson, she has the background to
Heather
Loved it! I didn't want to put it down once I started.
Debra
Jul 10, 2014 Debra added it
GREAT!
Cathy
Spoiler alert ... the male main character mistakes a regular old tourist maid-of-honor for his new partner in an *undercover* sting operation for a drug cartel. He's never met her and doesn't ask if she is the right person? Really? I wonder how this guy ends up getting caught by the bad guys. Sorry. From the very start the plot was so hard to buy that I kept making excuses for sticking with the book. Likable characters! See, I said something nice.
Allison Kohn
This riveting suspense romance an innocent young lady climbs into the wrong cab and enters a life of espionage and danger that leads to romance better than her favorite books. Innocence alone gets her through the trials of two brides and their respective weddings - and, best of all, opens a world of faith to her spy partner. Loved it.
Judine
While Scarlet's quest to find herself (instead of bowing to her sister's wishes) during her unexpected stint undercover is well-drawn, I didn't buy her immediate relationship with Luke. I love the concepts behind the "Missions of Mercy," but feel like the characters need to know each other better to be convincing.
Chas Funderburg
This was a light read, and an enjoyable book. Believe it or not, I like the occasional romance (I am a romantic at heart). The book had all the good elements of a suspense/mystery/romance novel.
And one of my favorite kind of romance novels is one about unlikely lovers. Definitely a fun read.
John Hanscom
This would actually be a four star book if the beginning had not been so preposterous. The idea a security agency as talented as I have read in the last two in the series would make such a basic mistake is silly. However, if one can accept the beginning, it is an exciting read.
Amy Dousay
Great read. Characters you can easily root for. The only problem: I didn't want to out it down. Captured my attention from the very first page.
Lisa
It was a quick read. Subtle, which is what I like about Susan May Warren's writing style, but effective with real characters that you care about.
Kaity-Jane Culbertson
More romance than suspense. Way more romance. Way way more romance.
Where'd the suspense go?
Full review coming soon. :)
Jeanette
Sara
3 1/2 stars. This was a good book, had humor, adventure and romance. I recommend it.
Teresa Short
It was a fun read, but not so believable. It is an eBook.
Charity U
Really fun! I enjoyed it. :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Missions of Mercy
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Missions of Mercy
Nina
good read,
Lisa
Fast, fun read!
  • Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #214)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma #3)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren...
Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1) Flee the Night (Team Hope #1) Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1) Reclaiming Nick (Noble Legacy #1) Heiress (Daughters of Fortune, #1)