Start by marking “L.A. Boneyard” as Want to Read:
L.A. Boneyard

L.A. Boneyard (L.A. #3)

From a shallow grave in Griffith Park, to the bucolic streets of West Hollywood into the dark heart of the gang-infested streets of East L.A, evil is pursued in this dark story of passion and redemption. Detective David Eric Laine is no stranger to violence and brutality, but even he is taken aback at the sheer viciousness of the murder of two pregnant Ukrainian women. Thi ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 4th 2010 by MLR Press, LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about L.A. Boneyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L.A. Boneyard

Kassa
Feb 09, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of the first book, LA Heat, I’m very happy with the sequel and the fact there will be a third book coming out. While not perfect, LA Boneyard concentrates on the author’s strength in writing an interesting, complicated mystery with thorough but never boring police work. Police procedural aspects are kept current and engaging, carrying the intricate plot. The relationship between David and Chris is a nice addition and adds more complexity to both men, although clearly taking the backseat ...more
Ami
4.5 Stars

I must say that I'm very impressed of this book. P.A. Brown writes crime and police procedure very well, that this should be classified more than just "gay mystery". It's as good as other detective/mystery books I've read that involve non-gay heroes. The issue with human trafficking, molestation, force of prostitution is very good. The answer of the murder is a very good twist. And the last scene with the bad guy feels like an action movie.

And now ont the relationship part ... I'd like
Trisha Harrington
Doesn't get one because I liked the next two a bit more... I hate cheating though.
SA
Oct 24, 2010 SA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
thelastaerie
Dec 09, 2009 thelastaerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
jules0623
DaisyGirl
4.5 Stars

Holy wow. Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! This installment blew my socks off, which is saying a lot considering the (view spoiler). I loathed David's poor judgment and weakness (albeit not total failure) in staving off temptation. I wanted to strangle the shit out of Lothario Jairo sometimes. And, my heart bled for Chris. It all worked out in the end (although I was sad for (view spoiler)
Matthew Vandrew
Tj
Sep 28, 2010 Tj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
This was a good read. The characters were solid and real. I thought the conflict that developed actually helped their relationship and finally pushed David into total commitment. He always seemed to hang on to that little bit of shame. The plot was well written. The twists and turns of the case were unexpected. I felt for David even while calling him an idiot, to me this marks a well executed character. A very enjoyable read:)
Betryal
Mar 06, 2010 Betryal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow a 4 year time frame jump from the last book. Be ready for it.

This isn't the first book and not the last so if you've read out of sync/order and reading this first it's plain it's simple that you're whacked.

All I can say here is: DAVID IS A BLOODY WANKER!

Other than... it's an amazing story and must keep going which means... LA Bytes here I come!
Chris
Oct 17, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, done, mystery, ebook, 2012
Very good gay mystery with a titch of romance in which I wanted to smack David for 90% of the book; for the other 10%, I wanted to smack Chris.
Elisa Rolle
Feb 01, 2010 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2010 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Spiderorchid
I wanted to give this a higher rating but I was so disgusted with parts of this book that I just couldn't. So what happened?

First, the mystery is excellent. That storyline, from the moment they find the first body until the well written action sequence at the end, was tightly plotted and full of suspense. It's an original take on the forced-protitution angle with some cruel but fascinating twists and lots of good dialogue and detailed but well-paced detecting. A five-star rating, easily.

And then
Wendy
Jul 11, 2013 Wendy rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, gay-romance
R.B.
The crime investigation was somewhat lengthy in this book but I love those guys, so 5* rating is for them *lol*
B.K. Walker
Apr 23, 2010 B.K. Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bk-s-library
L.A. Boneyard by P.A. Brown is absolutely astounding! If you're a murder and mystery fan you are surely going to love this book! Captivating from start to finish, it's a must read!

David Eric Laine is a homicide detective of the Northeast Community Police Department in Los Angeles. When two bodies turn up in a local park, Detective Laine begins his pursuit to find the killer, with his new homicide partner Jairo Hernandez.

With no clues as to who these women are, and a new partner, this case proves
OkayKim
Aug 05, 2010 OkayKim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rie
Dec 16, 2015 Rie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5

Reading this book felt like watching criminal tv series like Bones or Castle. It was so enganging that I finished it in a day (thank god I wasn't that busy at work).

I would give it a solid five star if not for the ending for Jairo. With that kind of ending for Jairo, we couldn't know how David resolve his own problem toward Jairo. I wanted to know more about that.
Lori S.
Brown just gets better as she goes. This one's gruesome, with a nasty twist for the characters. I felt bad that David Laine's new partner, Jairo Hernandez, bought it in a way that was just a little too obvious, I wanted him gone from the picture, just not that way.
Juli
May 09, 2010 Juli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miriki

I'm surprised at the details of the forensic works. Sadly the romance was lacking something. After the rollercoster the ending was a meh for me.
Jane
Nov 01, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best book of the series so far. Although, I did want to hurt David for the first half of the book.
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2011
James
James rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
ROBERT POTEAT
ROBERT POTEAT rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Ágnes
Ágnes rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Wusswoo
Wusswoo rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2011
Claudia
Claudia rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Fifika
Fifika rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2016
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)
  • Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1)
  • Foxe Tail (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #1)
  • The Bones of Summer (Maloney's Law, #2)
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Mahu Vice (Mahu, #4)
Pat Brown, writing as P.A. Brown, is the author of the Chris and David police procedural novels featuring LAPD homicide detective David Eric Laine and his lover, computer network engineer Christopher Bellamere. In L. A. Heat the first in the series, David is an uptight, in the closet cop living a life of denial and dark secrets he will protect at all costs. Then his life becomes entwined with Chri ...more
More about P.A. Brown...

L.A. (5 books)
  • L.A. Heat (L.A., #1)
  • L.A. Mischief (L.A., #2)
  • L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4)
  • Bermuda Heat (L.A., #5)