Start by marking “L.A. Boneyard” as Want to Read:
L.A. Boneyard

L.A. Boneyard (L.A. #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  294 ratings  ·  22 reviews
From a shallow grave in Griffith Park, to the bucolic streets of West Hollywood into the dark heart of the gang-infested streets of East L.A, evil is pursued in this dark story of passion and redemption. Detective David Eric Laine is no stranger to violence and brutality, but even he is taken aback at the sheer viciousness of the murder of two pregnant Ukrainian women. Thi ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 4th 2010 by MLR Press, LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about L.A. Boneyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L.A. Boneyard

Ami
4.5 Stars

I must say that I'm very impressed of this book. P.A. Brown writes crime and police procedure very well, that this should be classified more than just "gay mystery". It's as good as other detective/mystery books I've read that involve non-gay heroes. The issue with human trafficking, molestation, force of prostitution is very good. The answer of the murder is a very good twist. And the last scene with the bad guy feels like an action movie.

And now ont the relationship part ... I'd like
Kassa
As a fan of the first book, LA Heat, I’m very happy with the sequel and the fact there will be a third book coming out. While not perfect, LA Boneyard concentrates on the author’s strength in writing an interesting, complicated mystery with thorough but never boring police work. Police procedural aspects are kept current and engaging, carrying the intricate plot. The relationship between David and Chris is a nice addition and adds more complexity to both men, although clearly taking the backseat ...more
Trisha Harrington
Doesn't get one because I liked the next two a bit more... I hate cheating though.
thelastaerie
Elisa Rolle
Sometime author and readers wonder what could happen “after” an happily ever after, when the passion maybe becomes routine, or when maybe you realize that what probably you thought was something without future, could well be your forever and ever, and well, it scares you.

David and Chris are 4 years old partners and really, everything seems perfect: they love each other, they desire each other, they even commit privately and David is wearing Chris’s ring, even if it’s not legal, it’s binding for
SA
jules0623
DaisyGirl
4.5 Stars

Holy wow. Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! This installment blew my socks off, which is saying a lot considering the (view spoiler). I loathed David's poor judgment and weakness (albeit not total failure) in staving off temptation. I wanted to strangle the shit out of Lothario Jairo sometimes. And, my heart bled for Chris. It all worked out in the end (although I was sad for (view spoiler)
Tj
This was a good read. The characters were solid and real. I thought the conflict that developed actually helped their relationship and finally pushed David into total commitment. He always seemed to hang on to that little bit of shame. The plot was well written. The twists and turns of the case were unexpected. I felt for David even while calling him an idiot, to me this marks a well executed character. A very enjoyable read:)
Betryal
Wow a 4 year time frame jump from the last book. Be ready for it.

This isn't the first book and not the last so if you've read out of sync/order and reading this first it's plain it's simple that you're whacked.

All I can say here is: DAVID IS A BLOODY WANKER!

Other than... it's an amazing story and must keep going which means... LA Bytes here I come!
Chris
Very good gay mystery with a titch of romance in which I wanted to smack David for 90% of the book; for the other 10%, I wanted to smack Chris.
Matthew Vandrew
Wendy
R.B.
The crime investigation was somewhat lengthy in this book but I love those guys, so 5* rating is for them *lol*
B.K. Walker
L.A. Boneyard by P.A. Brown is absolutely astounding! If you're a murder and mystery fan you are surely going to love this book! Captivating from start to finish, it's a must read!

David Eric Laine is a homicide detective of the Northeast Community Police Department in Los Angeles. When two bodies turn up in a local park, Detective Laine begins his pursuit to find the killer, with his new homicide partner Jairo Hernandez.

With no clues as to who these women are, and a new partner, this case proves
OkayKim
Juli
Lori S.
Brown just gets better as she goes. This one's gruesome, with a nasty twist for the characters. I felt bad that David Laine's new partner, Jairo Hernandez, bought it in a way that was just a little too obvious, I wanted him gone from the picture, just not that way.
Miriki

I'm surprised at the details of the forensic works. Sadly the romance was lacking something. After the rollercoster the ending was a meh for me.
Jane
Best book of the series so far. Although, I did want to hurt David for the first half of the book.
Minne
simply brilliant - the entire series is as good.
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Old Poison (Dangerous Ground, #2)
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Foxe Tail (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #1)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • The Bones of Summer (Maloney's Law, #2)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Mahu Vice (Mahu Vice #4)
Pat Brown, writing as P.A. Brown, is the author of the Chris and David police procedural novels featuring LAPD homicide detective David Eric Laine and his lover, computer network engineer Christopher Bellamere. In L. A. Heat the first in the series, David is an uptight, in the closet cop living a life of denial and dark secrets he will protect at all costs. Then his life becomes entwined with Chri ...more
More about P.A. Brown...

L.A. (5 books)
  • L.A. Heat (L.A., #1)
  • L.A. Mischief (L.A., #2)
  • L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4)
  • Bermuda Heat (L.A., #5)
L.A. Heat (L.A., #1) The Geography Of Murder (Geography of Murder, #1) L.A. Mischief (L.A., #2) L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4) A Forest of Corpses (Geography of Murder, #2)