Start by marking “Jericho Season 3 (Jericho Graphic Novels #1)” as Want to Read:
Jericho Season 3 (Jericho Graphic Novels #1)

Jericho Season 3 (Jericho Graphic Novels #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  239 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Continuing right where the Jericho Season 2 television cliffhanger ended! Jake Green and Robert Hawkins are in the safe haven of Texas with the last remaining bomb from the first attack. From amidst the chaos, they're contacted by John Smith, the mastermind behind the first strike, seeking aid. As the Cheyenne army bears down on them, they must decide whether to side with ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by IDW Publishing (first published November 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jericho Season 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jericho Season 3

Layne
I've never read any graphic novel before. However, since I loved the Jericho TV show, I thought I'd give this one a try. I found it entertaining and not as confusing as I feared a graphic novel might be. In particular, I really liked the artwork when I looked back at the book a second time to take it in visually after already reading it once for the storyline.

Potential readers definitely need to know that this book does not stand on its own. In fact, reading it before watching the Jericho TV ser
Carl Nelson
Well-written continuation of the television series, marked by strong characters and compelling situations. The "what if?" nature of the plot and the moral choices of the characters make "Jericho Season 3" an exciting and thoughtful story.
D.w.
Six comic books collected do not make a season. Even if every one of the six were to be about an hour of Jericho's TV run shows.

Perhaps this being misled colors the work. So then to appraise the tale critically we have some problems. First is that some time is passing and is the tale true to where things had been left off from the TV Series.

Having just watched that a second time, and seeing that so many of the writers of this were from that series, the answer is no. The comic does not do justic
Nicolas Shump
I did not watch Jericho when it actually aired on television. I am a native Kansan and I knew it was set in Kansas, but having lived through a lifetime of Wizard of Oz jokes and then remembering The Day After, I was turned off by the premise of an apocalyptic narrative set in Kansas. This was a mistake. I had some friends who were passionate about this show and who rallied to try to save it, but even still I didn't jump on the Jericho bandwagon.
I came to Jericho through Netflix, actually my wif
Marcia
I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels, but when I saw this one at Chapters I snatched it up right away.

First off, Jericho was an amazing television show and I am still mourning it's demise. I love post-apocalyptic plots and this show brought the best of them to the table. A small town with a closely knit community that survives through a massive nuclear fallout? The best recipe for good television.

Unfortunately, the Nielsen ratings on the show lessened as season one continued. My theory is that m
D. J.
I recently binge-watched both seasons of Jericho on Amazon Instant Video and became a big fan of the show that ended far too prematurely. Few shows have kept my interest and attention to the degree that Jericho managed and I hope that CBS and/or Netflix will finally succeed in bringing the show back to the small screen for further seasons.

In the meantime, I bought this officially sanctioned graphic novel of Season 3 so I could continue the story of what happened after the events depicted in the
Addison
Instantly after watching the first episode of Jericho, I was deeply enthralled. The show fascinated me. I was a fish with Jericho's hook so deep in my mouth, I was destined to become its dinner. After learning of the show's cancellation, sadness tumbled into me.
Soon, the graphic novel continuation of the series was in my grasp...

I liked how the story line continued on. It was interesting to read about the true origin of the detonation and the motives behind it. I liked how Jake and Robert devel
Lucy
So I loved the t.v. series and like other fans was disappointed when it was canceled after season 2 especially considering how season 2 ended on a cliffhanger. I had no idea there was a Jericho graphic novel until I saw season 4 featured on NetGalley. While it was nice to see Hawkins & Jake again, I'm not sure how I feel about it in this format. I'll read season 4 next and decided after that one if I want to continue with the series.
Jim
Jericho Season 3 is a competent continuation of the storyline of the television series that was cancelled as usual too soon, despite a vigorous fan campaign. The artwork brings you neatly back into the story, and (fortunately, to my mind) doesn't use any disjointed show-off-y art tricks that some graphic stories use, which would pull you out of the gritty reality of this series.

It was compelling enough to read in a short time, and spends a lot of time on the shadowy "John Smith" character of Je
Nancy Bandusky
First, I have to say I don't read a lot of comic books but being a fan of the television series I was thrilled to find the continuation of the story in this form.

The art work was fine for my taste (again I'm not really "into" comic books). Some of the pictures were so close to photos of the actors from the show - others were a little off but that did not distract from my enjoyment.

The story line flows fast and furious just like the series. The writers are staying true to the characters and there
Matt Moore
Continuing where the second season left off, Season 3 widens the scope of the nuclear attacks further, revealing a mastermind behind them with his own agenda.

Beginning with a small town just trying to survive after the attacks, Jericho has expanded into a full-fledged conspiracy thriller. Here we see the president of the ASA making his moves against Texas and the remaining USA, trying to cement his control.

Well worth picking up for fans of the show to see what happens to the characters, but frus
Amanda
I am a fan of graphic novels, so perhaps I'm biased. Either way, I give this one a 3.8 rating.
Vicente Lemmo
Jan 27, 2015 Vicente Lemmo marked it as to-read
good
Melissa
Pucks up right where the show ended. Excellent!
Nicolas
Great continuation of an awesome TV Show. It was nice to see the characters again and to get a little more backstory about what exactly happened with the initial bombs. I was a little surprised that it ended on a cliffhanger though. I thought resolving the series was the whole point. I don't see any clues that say there will be a season 4. That's kind of an odd choice. Still, there is enough resolution and backstory to make it enjoyable and worth the read.
Mike
Nov 21, 2011 Mike rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: idw
I loved the TV show, one of my favourites of all time. But it's just so difficult to put the quality of an episode into a 20 page comic book. The book suffers a bit from the lack of developed scenes and a "To Be Continued" (and to be honest, it's a weak cliffhanger) ending frustrates the reader...especailly with no indication of a sequel coming out. At the end of the day, it's good to see Jake Green and Robert Hawkins back in action.
Travis
I really enjoyed the TV series. I was hoping this would resolve some of the plots cut off by the series cancellation. Alas.

Still, the artist does an amazing job getting all the characters to look like their real world counterparts. And the pacing is fast. But the actual plot (especially the man behind the bombs and his reason) is a tad ridiculous.
Andy
Aug 18, 2012 Andy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I'm not going to get into the "are comic books actually books" debate, but I admit I do feel a bit guilty counting this toward my goal.
If you watched -- and enjoyed -- the TV series, it's worth a look. Otherwise, not a lot of meat here.
Andron
Interesting and well written continuation of the Jericho saga. The graphic novel succedes in capturing the feeling of the TV show. I can't wait for the next chapter of the story: Jericho season 4 (supposed to be published in late 2012)
Rachel Smith
Kind of mad that the first two seasons were on the tele, then -BAM!- season three is a graphic novel. Those sneaky writers, your trick worked. Now I have to read every graphic novel I can. So I guess it was a good thing.
Bruno Stegmann
It was such a great tv series and got better in a 6 part comic book and I here they are making a movie for the series and another 6 part comic series for season 4 maybe another series on tv with the comics.
Jesse
Not all that impressed. I love the show so I have it a shot. Felt like 1 episode and not worth my time. I love the characters so ill keep buying them I more come out, but overall not impressed.
Brad T.
I loved this show but the comic didnt do it justice. the art work was good but the story was disjointed and at times confusing.
Heather
I didn't watch the show but my husband did. I just read this because it was there and I love graphic novel art.
Jutta
well written, good art. i felt it was all set up tho, and nothing of the civil war actually happened.
Toni FGMAMTC
Wish I could have watched season 3 on tv instead of reading it in comics. It really wasn't the same.
Ireland
I loved this book and thought it explained where they left off and can't wait for the next book.
Danny
Really flows just like the TV show. highly recommend for any fan of Jericho.
Robert Haack
If you watched the series and wished it continued on this is an excellent read.
Suzie
Dec 14, 2011 Suzie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the tv show
Shelves: graphic-novels
When can we read the next one?????
  • Farscape Vol. 3:  Gone and Back
  • Meet Sailor Mercury: Ice
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 3: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 2
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Rise of the Sith
  • Judge Dredd: Origins
Dan Shotz is currently a co-executive producer for the USA Network new original series COMMON LAW premiering on Friday, May 11 at 10/9c.

Shotz served as a writer and co-executive producer for “Harper’s Island” and fan-favorite series “Jericho” for CBS Television.

All shows were developed by Shotz, who is a partner along with Jon Turteltaub and Karim Zreik in Junction Entertainment, the company respo
More about Dan Shotz...

Jericho Graphic Novels (2 books)
  • Jericho Season 4 (Jericho Graphic Novels #2)
Jericho: Season 3 Jericho Season 3: Chavez Is Out There (Civil War, #2) Jericho Season 3: Smith Has The Key (Civil War, #3) Jericho Season 3: Who Will Save Beck? (Civil War, #4) Jericho Season 3: Remember New Bern (Civil War, #5)