Start by marking “Country Brides: A Little Bit Country\Country Bride” as Want to Read:
Country Brides: A Little Bit Country\Country Bride

Country Brides: A Little Bit Country\Country Bride

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,484 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Rorie Campbell has a pleasant, predictable life in San Francisco, where she's seeing a pleasant, predictable man. Then, one vacation, her car breaks down on an Oregon country road and horse rancher Clay Franklin comes to her rescue. Rorie soon discovers that a city girl can fall in love with a country man. But Clay has no right to return her feelings—because he's ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Mira (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Country Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Brides

Robyn
I really liked this book, especialy the first story. Good book to read when you want to relax and have some alone time.
Darlyn
I've never read Debbie Macomber but I heard a lot of good reviews on her books. Country Brides is a compilation of two story of two couples. I have read a lot of comments about this book on Goodreads as well as Amazon. Although most of them were not really giving such good comments and rates, I think this book didn't really let me down. It's a romance type and a very quick read. Can't blame on the fast pace of how the story was told for a love at first sight. This a good book if you are looking ...more
Jen
I really love reading Debbie Macomber's books, but this was not one of my favorites.

This book broken down into 2 love stories. The first story (1st half of the book) I loved. A women from Los Angelos has her car brake down in a desolate country area. She is rescued by handsome rancher and they fall in love. I loved that story.

However, the second story (2nd half of the book) was a let down. The second story is linked to the first; the story centers on the characters in the first story but it was
Kristie Maguire
A good sweet romance read.

I liked "A Little Bit Country" more than I liked "Country Bride." However there were times in both stories that I could have given the heroines a swift kick in the butt and told them to get a move on with things. How naive can one be?

Kristie Leigh Maguire
author of "Affairs of the Heart" - an erotic romance

Jackie
Another good read from Debbie Macomber. This is the first book I've read of hers and I'm hooked on her stories.
Leslie
I really liked this book: easy read, no sex, no bad language. Just all romance!!
Proud Book Nerd
Let me start by saying that I didn't realize this was two books in one. It's a good thing it was, as I never would've given Country Bride a chance after having read A Little Bit Country. The latter was, I felt, awful. I found myself wishing I could get back the time I spent reading it! But, I read Country Bride thinking it was just Part 2 of a two-part book. While I did not like A Little Bit Country - and would have given it one star if I'd read it as a stand-alone title - I actually liked Count ...more
Lisa
I don't normally read Debbie Macomber's books but my mom passed this one to me when she was finished. I found it to be very predictable. The first story wasn't so bad, although I found it hard to believe how quickly they fell in love. And I didn't like that he was kissing her when he was engaged to someone else. NOT my kinda guy! She wasn't aware that he was engaged at the time. And this was the first day they met.

The second story didn't have much of a plot at all. She was very stupid and he was
Jane
Rorie Campbell has a pleasant, predictable life in San Francisco, where she's seeing a pleasant, predictable man. Then, one vacation, her car breaks down on an Oregon country road and horse rancher Clay Franklin comes to her rescue. Rorie soon discovers that a city girl can fall in love with a country man. But Clay has no right to return her feelings--because he's engaged to another woman.
Kate Logan is devastated when Clay Franklin, her former fiance and the man she's always loved, marries Rori
Cherie Kasper
Two stories 'A Little Bit Country' and 'Country Bride' are drawn together by the same characters in different settings. True love is fought for while stubbornness and pride join in. I loved this book. The writing, the characters and the pull back and forth toward true love.
Barbi
What a delightful, heartwarming book! I had previously read the story of Kate and Luke (2nd story) but never the story of Clay and Rorie. I found it kind of humorous that both couples were doing their best to "fight" their feelings for the other person when they knew in their hearts that they were meant to be together.
Tracee
Poor pathetic little women just did not know what she was thinking. She just needed a big strong man to bring her to her senses! That's 3 hours I'll never get back....
Angie Sowers
Luv it

Luv it

Was a very good book .Debbie Macomber does it again :)
She is such an excellent writer and she always delivers:)
Michelle
Aug 13, 2014 Michelle marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Donna
Good short story. I like Debbie's books they make the reader feel good.
Lynda
This book was filled with romance, unexpected twists, and learning to follow where your heart leads you. Rorie was on a vacation road trip when her car broke down and she was rescued by Clay and his son. Car repair complications gave Rorie time to fall in love with Clay, who was engaged to Kate. As time goes by, Kate became aware of the love between Clay and Rorie. Kate was unaware that Luke has been in love with her for years and he would love to marry Kate if only he could get her to see him a ...more
Salena Moffat
Very mild and peaceful duo of tales. I enjoyed them very much. This book was a welcome little vacation :)
Jill
Just a fun and quick read!
PWRL
Jun 12, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Heather
I really enjoyed it although it seemed that in the beginning of the book the focus was on Rorie then it switched to Kate.

It wasn't the normal book for me, it was one of Julie's but I really liked it.
the struggle that Kate had with herself to see what she really wanted
I loved how strong the men are in this and always have loved those type of men in books. Just the ones who are manly men.
Melissa
Like many of you, I really did like the first story in this book "A Little Bit Country" but as for the 2nd on "Country Bride", it was ok but I didn't get into it as much as the 1st one. It just didn't seem to hold my attention and imagination after reading the 1st one. I did think it was ok though. I love Debbie's books so I'll be reading plenty more of them.
Amanda
I have never read one book much less 2 so fast!! These books were so good I couldn't put them down! I'm gonna look for more of Macomber's books! :) They were written in the 90s, but very good! So good it was like I was watching a soap opera, but reading! Two girls like the same guy and they still remain friends!
Kathleen Wells
This book is pure fluff - it is actually two books in one. They would probably make good summer beach reading. I liked the first story (A Little Bit Country), but I got very frustrated with the second, Country Bride, waiting for the two characters to overcome their character flaws and get it together.
Rosemary Paladini
This book was 2 small stories in 1 book. I didn't like either one as both were predictable within the first 50 pages and could have been done. The book drew out the obvious and added no new plotlines to make it exciting. A boring and predictable read that I would not recommend.
Melva
Two books in one. Liked the first half of the book better than the second. By the end of the second, couldn't quite figure out why Kate was so bent on not accepting Luke's attention. And was ready for resolution so everyone could live happily ever after.
Trisha
This is two books in one. Finished the first one and really liked it. I am a sucker for a good, clean love story.

Just finished the second story. It ended up being a continuation of the first which was fun, but I liked the first one better.
Ruth
Mar 21, 2008 Ruth rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ruth by: lent to me by a friend
I love Macomber's Blossom Street books and her Cedar Cove series. This one falls short of those. I wanted to give one of the characters a swift kick. Way to unrealistic and her characters are usually so well thought out and real.
Ocean
Totally predictable and sappy, the back cover tells the whole story! An easy read that leaves you feeling good. I finished it in 4 days. Sometimes it's nice to find something that causes you no stress.
Suzanne
I learned that her Cedar Cove and Blossom Street series are so much better than this book. Actually, this was a 2-in-1 book.
These were truly love stories & they tell how the people met and fell in love.
Robin
Not one her best. I liked the second story the best. I did like it enough that I am continuing to read more Debbie Macomber & she's a really fabulous author that I wish I had discovered sooner!
  • Ask Anyone (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #2)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • Snow Angels
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Sister's Choice

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)