Start by marking “Country Brides: A Little Bit Country\Country Bride” as Want to Read:
Country Brides: A Little Bit Country\Country Bride

Country Brides: A Little Bit Country\Country Bride

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  1,843 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Rorie Campbell has a pleasant, predictable life in San Francisco, where she's seeing a pleasant, predictable man. Then, one vacation, her car breaks down on an Oregon country road and horse rancher Clay Franklin comes to her rescue. Rorie soon discovers that a city girl can fall in love with a country man. But Clay has no right to return her feelings—because he's engaged t ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Mira (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Country Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Brides

May 05, 2009 Robyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: debbie-macomber
I really liked this book, especialy the first story. Good book to read when you want to relax and have some alone time.
May 12, 2010 Darlyn rated it really liked it
I've never read Debbie Macomber but I heard a lot of good reviews on her books. Country Brides is a compilation of two story of two couples. I have read a lot of comments about this book on Goodreads as well as Amazon. Although most of them were not really giving such good comments and rates, I think this book didn't really let me down. It's a romance type and a very quick read. Can't blame on the fast pace of how the story was told for a love at first sight. This a good book if you are looking ...more
Mar 21, 2008 Jen rated it it was ok
I really love reading Debbie Macomber's books, but this was not one of my favorites.

This book broken down into 2 love stories. The first story (1st half of the book) I loved. A women from Los Angelos has her car brake down in a desolate country area. She is rescued by handsome rancher and they fall in love. I loved that story.

However, the second story (2nd half of the book) was a let down. The second story is linked to the first; the story centers on the characters in the first story but it was
Brittany Hill
Apr 15, 2016 Brittany Hill rated it really liked it
Kristie Maguire
May 20, 2008 Kristie Maguire rated it really liked it
A good sweet romance read.

I liked "A Little Bit Country" more than I liked "Country Bride." However there were times in both stories that I could have given the heroines a swift kick in the butt and told them to get a move on with things. How naive can one be?

Kristie Leigh Maguire
author of "Affairs of the Heart" - an erotic romance

Nov 02, 2014 Tracee rated it it was ok
Poor pathetic little women just did not know what she was thinking. She just needed a big strong man to bring her to her senses! That's 3 hours I'll never get back....
Jul 22, 2010 Jackie rated it really liked it
Another good read from Debbie Macomber. This is the first book I've read of hers and I'm hooked on her stories.
Oct 14, 2009 Leslie rated it really liked it
I really liked this book: easy read, no sex, no bad language. Just all romance!!
Nov 25, 2009 Heather rated it it was ok
Let me start by saying that I didn't realize this was two books in one. It's a good thing it was, as I never would've given Country Bride a chance after having read A Little Bit Country. The latter was, I felt, awful. I found myself wishing I could get back the time I spent reading it! But, I read Country Bride thinking it was just Part 2 of a two-part book. While I did not like A Little Bit Country - and would have given it one star if I'd read it as a stand-alone title - I actually liked Count ...more
Claudia Cheyne
Dec 29, 2015 Claudia Cheyne rated it liked it
Two books under one cover were written in 1990 - before cell phones and email. They are fun to read stories about two young women who find their true loves country style. Rorie Campbell is a city girl from San Francisco whose car breaks down and is rescued by a pair of brothers. I enjoyed their saga more than Kate Logan's slow realization that she is in love with longtime friend Luke Rivers. There were pages I had to speed read because of all their silly little arguments.
Sarah Adamson
Oct 22, 2016 Sarah Adamson rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Another combined book of two stories, the story of true love forcing apart an expected marriage and then dealing with the aftermath.
Rosie is a city girl who gets stuck one night on a country road with a broken car belonging to her not very pleasing boyfriend. It's love at first sight for her and the county cowboy, increased hugely as she adapts to country life. However he is meant for someone else.
A really gentle but fun and exciting romance book.
Mar 15, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
I don't normally read Debbie Macomber's books but my mom passed this one to me when she was finished. I found it to be very predictable. The first story wasn't so bad, although I found it hard to believe how quickly they fell in love. And I didn't like that he was kissing her when he was engaged to someone else. NOT my kinda guy! She wasn't aware that he was engaged at the time. And this was the first day they met.

The second story didn't have much of a plot at all. She was very stupid and he was
Jul 08, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Rorie Campbell has a pleasant, predictable life in San Francisco, where she's seeing a pleasant, predictable man. Then, one vacation, her car breaks down on an Oregon country road and horse rancher Clay Franklin comes to her rescue. Rorie soon discovers that a city girl can fall in love with a country man. But Clay has no right to return her feelings--because he's engaged to another woman.
Kate Logan is devastated when Clay Franklin, her former fiance and the man she's always loved, marries Rori
Cherie Kasper
Jun 16, 2014 Cherie Kasper rated it it was amazing
Two stories 'A Little Bit Country' and 'Country Bride' are drawn together by the same characters in different settings. True love is fought for while stubbornness and pride join in. I loved this book. The writing, the characters and the pull back and forth toward true love.
Mar 29, 2015 Marisa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I really enjoyed the first book. The second one was not so great. I disliked Kate's character. She was all over the place. She loved Clay, then asks Luke to marry her, then loves Clay, then is supposedly in love with Luke. I just don't buy it.
Jan 27, 2014 Barbi rated it it was amazing
What a delightful, heartwarming book! I had previously read the story of Kate and Luke (2nd story) but never the story of Clay and Rorie. I found it kind of humorous that both couples were doing their best to "fight" their feelings for the other person when they knew in their hearts that they were meant to be together.
Sep 28, 2015 Marsha rated it really liked it
I honestly enjoyed both stories that were within this book. I wouldn't call this book an award winning book, or the most thought out book. However, if you are in the mood for a just a light romance novel, then this book was perfect. Since the last book I read, was emotional for me, I was happy to read this book. The author makes you feel as though you are at the dance or in the blizzard.
May 30, 2015 Mohni rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. It was the first Debbie Macomber book I had ever read and I enjoyed it so much. I loved both stories, they were such a cute read and very fun.
Angie Sowers
Jun 24, 2014 Angie Sowers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luv it

Luv it

Was a very good book .Debbie Macomber does it again :)
She is such an excellent writer and she always delivers:)
Aug 13, 2014 Michelle marked it as to-read
I registered a book at!
Pat Christie
Jan 23, 2016 Pat Christie rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, two stories of country guys meeting, loving and getting their woman.
Jun 25, 2016 V.M. rated it really liked it
It was a good read. Two woman are engaged to the wrong men and they find their way to the men the love.
Theresa Bearegard
Feb 15, 2016 Theresa Bearegard rated it really liked it
This book is actually 2 books in one. I liked them both even though they seemed a bit dated---1990s.
Mar 19, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
Good short story. I like Debbie's books they make the reader feel good.
Jul 27, 2013 Lynda rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was filled with romance, unexpected twists, and learning to follow where your heart leads you. Rorie was on a vacation road trip when her car broke down and she was rescued by Clay and his son. Car repair complications gave Rorie time to fall in love with Clay, who was engaged to Kate. As time goes by, Kate became aware of the love between Clay and Rorie. Kate was unaware that Luke has been in love with her for years and he would love to marry Kate if only he could get her to see him a ...more
Dec 14, 2015 Sue rated it liked it
Shelves: gentle-fiction
First time I have read anything by Raeanne Thayne. She is similar to Debbie Macomber. A gentle read.
Ann Green
Mar 13, 2016 Ann Green rated it liked it
Good stories by reliable author but beware of republished combo sets of books as I had already read these! Enjoyed them again, but was expecting new stories.
Salena Moffat
Jul 29, 2014 Salena Moffat rated it really liked it
Very mild and peaceful duo of tales. I enjoyed them very much. This book was a welcome little vacation :)
Jul 07, 2016 Jackie rated it liked it
Audio-book. Good.
Jill Gross
Apr 26, 2016 Jill Gross rated it liked it
pure fluff
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • Snow Angels
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Austin (McKettricks, #13)
  • Sister's Choice
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Mistress (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy, #2)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...