Start by marking “One Piece #9: Namis tårar” as Want to Read:
One Piece #9: Namis tårar

One Piece #9: Namis tårar (One Piece #9)

4.53  ·  Rating Details ·  4,976 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Tears. Luffy and crew must contend with "Saw-Tooth" Arlong and his nasty Fish Man pirates. Arlong's pirates specialize in using mafia tactics to squeeze the lifeblood from innocent villagers. Needless to say, it comes as a big surprise to everyone that pirate-hating Nami is actually a member of Arlong's crew! Always incredulous, Luffy won't believe anything until he's had ...more
Published November 2003 by Bonnier Carlsen (first published July 2nd 1999)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece #9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece #9

Manveer
Jan 31, 2016 Manveer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2016-reads
Right in the feels. I don't know why I had the urge to reread this but worth it. One Piece will always remain one of the greatest.

And this arc? This arc remains to date one of the most emotional stories that I have ever come across. Nami's story made me cry yet again.

There is one point in every Anime/Manga that makes you all emotional and the one that you want to keep rereading all over again. Naruto had his reunion with Kushina, DBZ had Vegeta's murder by Frieza and One Piece has had this. Abs
Christopher
Jun 25, 2016 Christopher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2016, manga
Lots and lots of Nami backstory. Also, everyone is a complete idiot.
Julie Hayes
Dec 09, 2012 Julie Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“Sawtooth”Arlong and his pirate gang have held Coco village captive for years, extracting tribute on a yearly basis in exchange for allowing them to live. When foolhardy Usopp challenges that rule, the village is angry with him, fearing that he is endangering their safety. Nami appears to see what’s going on, lugging her precious berries. If she can collect 100 million of them, the pirates have promised to sell her the village, and she is determined to make her goal, no matter how she has to do
Paula ★Ackerman Jaeger★
Sus 5 merecidas estrellas porque después de una pelea larga y densa mejoró radicalmente, me conmovió la historia de Nami y me gustó cuando Luffy le pone su sombrero (y tesoro más preciado) y va a pelear por ella, con Sanji, Zoro y Usopp. Muy lindo
Wickedshizuku
Feb 01, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Kicking off this volume with Chapter 72: Suited to One's Level.
On Nami's home island there is trouble, and it's the merman kind. Nami's sister fills Usopp in on the dirt that the Arlong crew has been committing for the past eight years.
Gin, the man whom was in love with Nami's foster mother Bellemare, is in danger. Usopp in a fit of insanity and courage shoots Arlong, taunts him, and then runs. Very funny scene that lightens the heavy atmosphere of the plot. This is where I think Oda-sensei is
Oscar  Leal
Nov 12, 2015 Oscar Leal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡ 5 estrellas ! . ¡Pedazo de historia en todo su esplendor ! . Este tomo refleja lo que es One Piece en realidad , lo que significa , lo que representa , todo su contenido esta aquí , su esencia pura .

No solo es un shonen de peleas con comedia , no , es más que eso . One Piece reluce de las demás historias del genero para postrarse como una historia madura. Seguimos en Arlong Park donde se llevarán una gran sorpresa todos , me ha sacado algunas lagrimas todo el trasfondo de lo tan solo se conoc
Veronica Ika
Apr 18, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Like the title suggested, this serial can make the lovers of One Piece shed tears as well.

Usopp has got caught by the mermen and in front of all of the mermen, has been executed by Nami. All of Luffy’s crew now realize that Nami is actually a part of Arlong crew, and that the girl has fooled them all this time. Not denying that she killed Usopp, she tells them to leave Arlong Park immediately.

It turns out that Usopp is still alive, that Nami actually stabbed her own hand to fake Usopp’s death,
Holly Letson
I enjoyed finding out more about Nami and her past. Being as I read higher-numbered volumes (like V32!) before these lower-numbered volumes, I felt like I was lacking in background information on characters other than Luffy himself. But, Nami has still always been a favorite character of mine.
I admire her moreso now, for wanting to save her village and her family. I cannot completely relate to this, but I do understand why such things would be important for her. I just don't like her pushing a
Eleanor
Jun 18, 2016 Eleanor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-shelf
Kurami Rocket
Jun 22, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The arlong arc seems to be the best arc so far in this series, no doubt. It is filled with emotion, tragedy, sacrifice, and death. Nami's back story is sad.

And u know the arlong arc reminds me so much of the Frieza arc from dragon ball z. Frieza is a lot like Arlong, where they both beleive to be the superior species and dictate over people. Though, in Frieza's case he enslaved many, many, people and caused a lot of genocide. Frieza's clan has ruled for over 100 years though, unlike Arlong who
Lisa
Nov 06, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
All the one piece books are great! READ THEEEM!
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rated this book 4.5 stars.

I just reviewed this on my blog.
To view the full review and other reviews, click here One Piece Volume 9 by Eiichiro Oda

I feel like I've been reading too much this week, because I keep reading volume after volume of One Piece, but I can't help it, since I want to know what happens next and I also want to get up to date or at least close to that, since there are currently 662 chapters online and 61 volumes in stores.
I won't review all of the One Piece volumes (since t
Ashley
Dec 15, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novia
Jul 09, 2012 Novia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Maria Menduni
May 15, 2016 Maria Menduni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eiichiro Oda is simply spectacular!
I haven't found I single volume I didn't love yet. The way he takes his time to introduce the characters and explain why they act the way they do, opening the door on their past.
It gets me every. effing. time.

This time we get to know Nami a bit better and her story is heartbreaking as well.
That sprinkle of female empowerment though, very appreciated Sir! Kudos to you!
Aldeena
Dec 31, 2015 Aldeena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bellemere's story was so heartbreaking. Turns out Nami joined the crew to save her village. So perhaps there is still hope of her joining Luffy and co.?
That one panel where Luffy walks into where Zoro, Sanji and Ussop are waiting and says 'Let's go' is so full of so much adrenaline! The battle has come to Arlong's gates at last. The next volume shall be epic!
Marilag
This volume (and the episode on the anime arc itself) will always make me cry. It's been foolproof so far. And it's why I still read this manga and watch this anime!

Just some things happening in this volume (mostly for my benefit, really):
(view spoiler)
Frahorus
May 17, 2016 Frahorus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Scopriamo il triste passato di Nami e come è stata uccisa sua madre adottiva. Ma l'impero dell'uomo pesce sta per finire, visto che Nami ha chiesto aiuto a Rufy e alla sua ciurma... Arlong, hai i minuti contati, bastardo tiranna e assassino che non sei altro!
Oliver
Jun 10, 2015 Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Besonders schön erzählter Band, hier mit Namis Backstory. Die Figuren sind mir inzwischen so enorm ans Herz gewachsen, dass ich gar nicht mehr aufhören kann mit der Serie. Ein Glück gibt es noch 70(!) weitere Bände. Kein Wunder, dass der Erfolg von 'One Piece' alles andere, was jemals erschienen ist, alt und blass aussehen lässt.
Laura Luz
Oct 14, 2015 Laura Luz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En este volumen Oda nos da a conocer la infancia de Nami, como suele ser con los miembros de la tripulación de sobrero de paja una historia estremecedora. Y el momento donde Nami pide ayuda siempre me conmueve.
Sakurahan
Jul 11, 2015 Sakurahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good volume! We learn the backstory of Nami. There isn't much else to this volume really. This part of the manga looks to be set up for a good story however...
Karely Madrigal camacho
Ya tengo rato que lo leí pero no sé porque no lo había marcado al igual que el #10 pero en general se está poniendo muy buena la historia
Shino ^ ^
Oct 04, 2011 Shino ^ ^ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
graphic novel

opinion= i love this series and this book. It shows a lot of love and friendship. However, it is also a really sad story for Nami. I think it is very touching and exciting at the same time.

recommendation= I strongly recommend this book because it is a really good story and shows the strong bond between others. Also because it shows how money can influence a lot of people and how a parent cares for there children.

a character i found interesting was Nami because you couldn't really p
Patricia
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Nami 'killing' Ussop
- Introduces Marine Commodore Purin Purin
- Chapter 78: Bellemere *insert crying.gif*
- Luffy stopping Nami from harming herself, she asking me to help, he agreeing instantly and putting his strawhat! on her head for the time being. (Hey, those two have some scenes
Imane Azencod
Jan 23, 2016 Imane Azencod rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Since the first time I saw Nami, I knew she was going to be my favorite. I was right all along.
Dony Grayman
Tomo 9, edición argentina. Incluye advertencia del autor sobre el posible fin del mundo.
Sara
Apr 24, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great adventurous book. I recommend this book to those who love adventures.
Caroline
Jan 24, 2014 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, 2014_comics
The character-focused parts -- the interactions among the crew and especially in this volume, Nami's backstory -- are still a lot more engaging than the drawn-out fight scenes, but there are starting to be more of them.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Jan 22, 2016 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Nami!!! What a horrific childhood!
and that poor cow monster!
Deguy
Jul 04, 2015 Deguy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nami's truth revealed,
time for some serious action
  • フェアリーテイル 15 [Fearī Teiru 15] (Fairy Tail, #15)
  • Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)
  • Bleach, Volume 28