Start by marking “The Grace Mysteries: Assassin & Betrayal” as Want to Read:
The Grace Mysteries: Assassin & Betrayal

The Grace Mysteries: Assassin & Betrayal (Lady Grace Mysteries #1-2)

Two historical mysteries starring Lady Grace in one special volume!
In the Edgar-nominated Assassin, one suitor is dead with a knife in his back and another is under suspicion. . . Can Lady Grace, Queen Elizabeth's favorite Maid of Honor, solve the mystery and bring order back to the Queen's court? And in Betrayal, life as a stowaway on board an Elizabethan galleon—it's no
Published April 5th 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Grace Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grace Mysteries

Merritt
Quick read

Interesting, quick read. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. Not a lot of depth. An easy read for younger readers as well.
Erin Cleary
I think this book would be really great for 4th and 5th graders.
Rebecca
Jul 16, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2-in-1 rerelease of the first two books from the series, which was originally titled The Lady Grace Mysteries. These books are written in the form of a diary kept by Lady Grace Cavendish, a fictional Maid of Honor to Queen Elizabeth I, as she solves various mysteries at court.

Book 1, Assassin: Lady Grace Cavendish grew up at the court of Queen Elizabeth I. When her mother died after accidentally drinking poison meant for the queen, Elizabeth takes on the responsibility of giving Grace a home at
Jacqueline
I'm a huge fan of the Tudor era so I picked this book up with no small amount of trepidation. While the author's research skills were on par with other books I'd read, something felt off about Grace herself. She seemed too able to get away with unladylike behavor and I find it hard to believe she and a fellow maid of honor would be able to go missing for a week or more without getting caught by someone.

These books a full of historical detail and a brave heroine who younger girls will adore. The
Elaine
Aug 23, 2012 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Court of Elizabeth I
Aqua Vitae-brandy
Clown's All-Heal-St.John's Wart
Duke of Alva- Spanish ruler in the Netherlands
Farthingale-bell shaped petti coat
Verge of the Court-anywhere within a mile of the queen's person
Daniell
Jun 19, 2013 Daniell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really thought these were sweet books. A fun mystery and a lovable main character. It is refreshing to read about a young girl that is not only compassionate but spunky and adventurous. I will defiantly recommend this book my young readers...
Erin
Oct 22, 2011 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was predictable. There were many liberties taken with Queen Elizabeth that I just don't see as being real. Book 2 was just as predictable and irritated me a bit because of the lack of reality - while I know this is fiction, I just couldn't really like it. It was a fast read.
Kris
These books were so much fun! Lady Grace has adventures in the court of Queen Elizabeth. The historical detail is just incredible as well.
Stacie
May 31, 2012 Stacie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun mysteries set in Queen Elizabeth I's court. Not exactly realistic but still historically accurate. And complete with glossary to explain, for example, what a quinsy is!
April Sadowski
Aug 11, 2012 April Sadowski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a genuine good read. I found myself plowing through it, fully immersed in Elizabethan England. The MC, Lady Grace, is high-spirited and makes each story humorous and enjoyable.
Kalesia
Sep 06, 2012 Kalesia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was mysterious but good at the same time!
I liked how she set up the time like a long time ago!
NICE WORK!
Lisa
This is a fun series. Easy,quick and short with historical details, exciting mystery/adventure and humor. Great for middle school readers.
Jolynne
I'd give this a 2 for me, but for a young reader, a 3. The story was too predictable and simple to really enjoy, and I doubt any of it could really happen in Tudor England.
Cory Lillis
Cory Lillis rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2011
Theresa K Perry
Theresa K Perry rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Patricia Alvarez
Patricia Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
theladyalbert
theladyalbert rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Lizzie Ross
Lizzie Ross rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2014
Sj
Sj rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2012
Miggy
Miggy rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Sadie
Sadie rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
16backeop
16backeop rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Bookgeek_zah
Bookgeek_zah rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2012
QNPoohBear
QNPoohBear rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2013
Yara Moret
Yara Moret rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Emillia Fuller
Emillia Fuller rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Lailanie
Lailanie rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Nora
Nora rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2013
Mariam
Mariam rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 12, 2015 08:34AM
  • By Royal Command (At the House of the Magician, #2)
  • The Titanic: An Interactive History Adventure
  • Folly
  • Victoria Rebels
  • Magic in Manhattan: Volume One (Magic in Manhattan, #1-2)
  • Elizabeth 1: Red Rose of the House of Tudor, the Royal Diaries: Cleopatra, Dear America: The Girl Who Chased Away Sorrow, a Light in the Storm, My Nam
  • Ghost Messages
  • Wrapped (Wrapped, #1)
  • Whisper My Name
  • The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2)
  • Spy for the Queen of Scots
  • The Traitor's Smile (Pimpernelles, #2)
  • To Hawaii, with Love (Spy Goddess, #2)
  • Child of the Mountains
  • Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz; The Road to Oz; The Emerald City of Oz - Book 2
  • A True and Faithful Narrative
  • Courted
  • In the Shadow of the Lamp

Lady Grace Mysteries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Assassin (Lady Grace Mysteries, #1)
  • Betrayal (Lady Grace Mysteries, #2)
  • Conspiracy (Lady Grace Mysteries, #3)
  • Deception (Lady Grace Mysteries, #4)
  • Exile (Lady Grace Mysteries, #5)
  • Feud (Lady Grace Mysteries, #6)
  • Gold! (Lady Grace Mysteries, #7)
  • Haunted (Lady Grace Mysteries, #8)
  • Intrigue (Lady Grace Mysteries, #9)
  • Jinx (Lady Grace Mysteries, #10)