Start by marking “Blood of Eden” as Want to Read:
Blood of Eden

Blood of Eden

THE DEVIL BETS GOD THAT CHRIST WOULD BE UNABLE TO ACHIEVE DIVINITY IN MODERN TIMES. GOD ACCEPTS THE BET.
Published June 1st 2011 by I Am Publishing (first published April 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood of Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of Eden

Kenol Policard
Oct 09, 2012 Kenol Policard rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Special Thanks to all of those who have read, rated, and reviewed "Blood of Eden". Many thanks to my writing mentor Mike Conley, for his passion, commitment and contribution to Blood of Eden. It started as an idea, which then developed into a screenplay that found its way to the bookshelves. Mike, thank you for making me a better writer, a better person, and a humble author. Blood of Eden is not just me... It's a team of friends, family, studio execs, lawyers and investors. Thank you to: David ...more
Kitty Honeycutt
Mar 14, 2013 Kitty Honeycutt rated it it was amazing
"HUNTING CHRIST" BY KEN POLICARD

"Hunting Christ" is by far one of the most interesting, exciting, and amazing books I have ever read. It left me completely breathless, and longing for more. Even knowing the author plans sequels I don't believe they can come fast enough! I greatly anticipate the next installment of the trilogy. I found myself going back over some of the chapters, like an addict looking for more, perhaps just one small thing that I'd missed.

The characters in this novel are so real
King
Mar 02, 2013 King rated it it was amazing
Shelves: masterpiece, souvenir
SPEAKING AS A PRINT-OUT HARDBACK FAN:

"Might I Begin Applauding The Ink; besides the classic detailed crucifix intervening the period, triad of unrelative texts reflecting every page remarkably, Likewise, equipped with an Epic Illustrated Bookcovering, this novel-idea, additionally, I'd already considered a most sincere, Exquisite, Antique!! .

STORYWISE:

All Characters are anti-communist, role models, who dwells among civil communions joined together by blood erupting junkies eagered with tenures

Nely Cab
Jan 28, 2012 Nely Cab rated it it was amazing
Blood of Eden by Kenol Policard"Blood of Eden" by Ken Policard is a tale of the faithful and the fallen and of the wager between God and the devil that sets human existence in the unknowing hands of the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. The story blends the lives of people that - either, by fate or by providence - come together to track a serial killer that has been at large for 33 years. Leading the case is FBI Agent Mas, who staggers along a blind trail, lacking of clues and with a butchery of victims that began in the city o ...more
Becky Due
May 25, 2011 Becky Due rated it it was amazing
I started reading Blood of Eden, and then I had to put it aside because I had family staying with me from out of town. During the week I was away from the book, I kept thinking about it: What’s going to happen next? What does all of this mean? How will this story unfold? When my company left, I went straight back to Blood of Eden and didn’t let anything get in my way. I didn’t answer the phone or do much work of my own–the story kept me on the edge of my seat. History, suspense and religion all ...more
Ekaso
Aug 06, 2011 Ekaso rated it it was amazing
One of the most riviting novels of this new generation. Extremly well written and well thought out.
Erica
May 14, 2011 Erica rated it it was amazing
Blood of Eden. Ken Policard. I AM Publishing, 2011. 374 pages.
Thoughts on the relationship between God and Satan have most likely crossed the minds of many of us since the beginning of time. Blood of Eden, a first novel by Ken Policard touches on the complexities of that relationship in an interesting manner that brings to mind the interaction between God and Satan in the Book of Job from the Bible.
In the Book of Job, Satan inferred that the only reason Job was so faithful to God was because of
David Johnson
Jan 27, 2012 David Johnson rated it it was amazing
This novel as a religious thriller is magnificently written with universal appeal of all religions and races worldwide. From the beginning to the end the reader is captured by facts and fiction that Policard has seamlessly brought together. I found myself associating truths in my own life with parts of this novel. Many of the reviews I have read and others I have talked to about this novel have found the same associations, questioning facts in their own lives. There is more to this perception by ...more
Derrick Parker
Jul 29, 2011 Derrick Parker rated it really liked it
Recommended to Derrick by: A friend
I enjoyed reading the Blood of Eden. I recommended this book to those who have an interest in biblical history.
Mary Chrapliwy
Mar 15, 2013 Mary Chrapliwy rated it really liked it
This book has now been renamed to HUNTING CHRIST.

Ken Policard tells us at the beginning of this book that the story is based on a screenplay. It definitely has the feel of a screenplay with the nonstop action. Policard fills in the blanks with a wealth of description that brings this classic story of good and evil to life. And, though it occasionally meanders into a hint of cliche, the story surprises you with some unexpected developments.

Adapting a screenplay into a novel can't be an easy endea
Vikki Apel
Oct 30, 2011 Vikki Apel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone with an open mind.
Recommended to Vikki by: Darynda Jones
Not a bad novel. Interesting concept. I am finding the numerous flashbacks to be disrupting, however. At times it is even difficult to know which time line the scene is in. I usually don't mind flashbacks, especially when they are important to the plot development, but in this case it seems every time I get engrossed in the story I get pulled out again. I am able to stick with it, and am determined to finish the book tonight. For me it has not been a quick read.

And now I have finished the novel
Lily E
Sep 05, 2011 Lily E rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, fiction
Absolutely magnificient. I was deeply captivated by this tale’s premise: Devil bets with God that if Jesus were born today, He wouldn’t sacrifice His Life for any human. Not being too religious I don’t have any strong convictions that would preclude me from loving or hating the book on principle, so I was able to enjoy it from a purely entertainment point of view. And what a great work of fiction this is.

The characters are strong, behave true to themselves throughout the book, while keeping the
Melanie bennett
Apr 16, 2013 Melanie bennett rated it it was amazing
New title "Hunting Christ". I just finished reading an amazing book. The book titled Hunting Christ by Kenol Policard. Interesting from start to finish. As I read I found myself picturing the characters in my head and found it difficult to put down. Each chapter leaves you begging for more. As you are reading you are being pulled into each scene as if you are there and just as you think you know what will happen there is a twist in the end that just leaves you waiting in anticipation for the ...more
Tiffany Rios
Dec 21, 2011 Tiffany Rios rated it really liked it
Blood of Eden is a great read about the modern struggle between good and evil. In this epic bet made between god and the devil the battle is told in a unique way. Blood of Eden was originally a screenplay and it reads that way with the constant action. The timeline in the book is a little hard to follow at times because it jumps around without markers to signal the change. I can't wait to see the on screen version of this story. It should be a great watch.
Dylan Hubauer
Aug 26, 2011 Dylan Hubauer rated it it was amazing
it was a thrill of my centurary i cannot describe how well this book was it was amzing and exciting to all my prespectives i hope more people read this book to find a thrilling mindblowing book as good as this.
Elizabetha
Gorgeous Cover, about to dig in!

***review pending***

Won this as a part of Goodreads First-reads program
Laurie Traverse
Aug 31, 2011 Laurie Traverse rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Good read!
Erika
Apr 16, 2012 Erika rated it it was amazing
I won this book from Goodreads First Reads!!

This book was pretty good. It was interesting and it kept you guessing at some parts.

This book is about how the devil and God make a bet. Jesus is sent back to earth and people are brought together to catch a murderer who has been killing people for 32 years. As the story unraveles it gets more interesting and more suspensful.
Bridgid
Aug 29, 2012 Bridgid rated it liked it
The story was interesting, but it was predictable. I had the ending figured out halfway through the book.
Vickie Manley
Mar 03, 2012 Vickie Manley rated it liked it
I liked the idea for the story and it had a surprise ending. I think it could of been done a little differently, but an interesting read.
Fats
Fats rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2013
Marcia Stauber
Marcia Stauber rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2011
Diane Engel
Diane Engel rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2011
Raina Smith
Raina Smith rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Lewis Halliwell
Lewis Halliwell rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Emii Charlotte
Emii Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2011
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Gloria Craciun
Gloria Craciun rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2012
  • The Judas Syndrome (The Judas Syndrome, #1)
  • The Betrayals of Grim's Peak
  • Gray
  • Be Careful What You Wish For (The HellandBack Kids, #1)
  • An Elemental Wind
  • Shaman's Blood
  • Discordia (The Inferno Trilogy, #1)
  • The Great Mystery
  • Debris Dreams
  • The Apocalypse Gene
  • Obsessed
  • Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress (The Stregoni Sequence #1)
  • The Angel Hunter
  • Wayward Son
  • The Black God's War (Splendor and Ruin, #0.5)
  • Lions of the Grail (Richard Savage, #1)
  • Forex Frontiers "The Essentials of Currency Trading"
  • The Gargoyle in the Seine
Ken Policard was born and raised in Manhattan, New York. He's worked in the entertainment industry for nearly two decades as a producer, manager, and song writer.

He is currently living bicoastal between New York and Los Angeles with his family.

The "HUNTING CHRIST" novel was originally based on Ken's screenplay. It's the first installment of an already completed trilogy. When writing a script or no
More about Kenol Policard...