Kayla's Gift (Powertools, #3)

Kayla's Gift (Powertools #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,174 ratings  ·  66 reviews
One blizzard, two days, three men to keep her warm.

"Powertools, Book 3"

Naked is Kayla's style. She's exposed to bare skin more than the average person-like when she's up to her elbows in massage oil, soothing the tired muscles of the construction crew building her new spa, a barter to offset some of the cost. Once it's finished, she plans to open a private retreat for fell...more
ebook, Nook, 72 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published March 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kayla's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kayla's Gift

Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanNailed to the Wall by Jayne RylonKate's Crew by Jayne RylonMorgan's Surprise by Jayne RylonKayla's Gift by Jayne Rylon
Orgy Erotica
5th out of 41 books — 53 voters
Beyond Eden by Kele MoonRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesLaid Bare by Lauren DaneDangerous Boys and Their Toy by Shayla BlackDouble Time by Olivia Cunning
Favourite MMF romance
122nd out of 356 books — 661 voters

More lists with this book...

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
If you’re going to get snowed in with a trio of construction workers, count yourself blessed if it happens to be the three remaining single members of Jayne Rylon’s Power Tools crew. The previous two books in this yummy series were sizzling with the sexual tension and sheet action but I have to say I think Kayla’s Gift maybe my favorite.

Kayla is a naturist with a plan to develop the private land around her home into a spa and retreat for like minded "clothing optional" people. Her kindness and...more
Veronica~Nhaughty
OMG!! I am sooo luvin' Jayne Rylon's series with 'The Crew'. This installment is w/Kayla, who has hired the crew to help her build her dream spa/resort. Three of the Crew members, Neil, James, and Dave find themselves snowed in w/Kayla, where they spend a HOT weekend together. VERY HOT!!! I do believe the term 'yum-0-licious' was used!! This is a quick fun read with m/m/m/f scenes that will fog up your glasses!! Can't wait for the next in the series!! Highly recommend!!

Fav scenes/quotes:

"You cou...more
Mrs. Missive
Alright. Just buy them all. This one was really good. REALLY. I felt more of an emotional connection to the crew here. Maybe because by now I feel like I know them now. At least I can keep their names straight. We get glimpses of the past couples. I am hooked. Off to start book 4!

LOTS of sex. Lots of good yummy sex down by the fire. 4 stars.
Neyra ♦
Kayla's Gift is the third installment in Jayne Rylon's sexy Powertools series and I'm dying to read Neil and Jame's book, but first Morgan's Surprise xD Now now, the reason I jumped to the third is because I only have books one and three. They're borrowed books, thanks again Steph! ;)

In book three of the Powertools series, we meet Kayla, a nudist at heart, and we welcome back the sexy five men crew: Mike, Dave, Joe, Neil and James. This time around, they're working on a mountain cabin where Kay...more
April
Oh boy, we were treated to more story with our sex!! It was nice to get a little more into the guys and more on the gal they are digging. Once again there is a variety of action one on one, some boy boy play and one killer double team!! Yummy!!

I was really interested in the byplay of the guys and would love to know if the group action continues after they pair up with their gal. Do they play the swingers game and the ladies play with each other occasionally or is it strictly a twosome when they...more
Beccca May
Once again, Jayne Rylon has hit it out of the park with another hotter than hell installment in her "Powertools"series. This book focuses on Kayla and Dave. James and Neil make pretty unforgettable appearances as well. This book is filled with 3 sexy as sin alpha males that aren't ashamed of their sexuality and aren't afraid to express their passion in every way imaginable. This book involves one hot naturist whose been crushing on "the crew" while they work each day on building her mountain ret...more
Heather in FL
Another nice installment. I think it was a little bit hotter than the other two just because it was a smaller group... more intimate. I do think it's funny that the guys conspired to get Dave and Kayla together. Seems like a good match -- she likes to be naked, and he likes her that way, lol. I'm glad it worked out in the end.
Brandy
What can I say about KAYLA'S GIFT other than I can't wait for the next one. With the release of each book I want to start at the beginning and read all of the yummy goodness all over again.

Jayne Rylon packs a punch in a short number of pages. Solid relationships, smokin sex scenes and places I can imagine.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was the least fav of the series for me. I really didn't get Kayla and thought she was weird in that she wanted to run around naked all the time. I also didn't feel the relationship between her and Dave either.
PepsiGirl
I thought this was going to be really wild but it seemed like it fell flat. It had the makings for a hot story with a nudist and three horny construction workers all snowed in together, well your mind does imagine things. And Kayla being all forward thinking and a nudist to boot ended up being a little gun shy about the guys and their bedroom proclivities. The whole part about being attracted to them but thinking it was only because they were nude when she massaged them and so to prove to her it...more
Kimberley Carmody
Read the next book in the series in one day. I really enjoyed this book. I am looking forward to James and Neil.
Jen
This series just keeps getting better and better :) Although I'm sad to say they're all paired off now! Leaving James and Neil as the only males , but even they are together.
BUT this story left a great idea for the final book - I'm sad to say I have to wait a month!!! I thought I timed it better than this :(

Oh well - I loved this one. Mike and Joe headed home to their women shortly before the rest of the guys. A storm was coming and the girls were getting restless, Leaving James, and Neil and...more
Buffy Kennedy
Working our way through the crew, it’s Dave’s turn! The crew is working on a resort, and have to head home before a snow storm, but while Mike and Joe make it home to their women, Dave, Neil, and James get snowed in with Kayla. Overcoming the obstacle of her preference for nudity was just plain funny, and a little heated. Their time together while snowed in is steamy and sensual, but it’s the conflict at the end that’s the kicker.

I loved the story and the characters. At this point in the series,...more
Let me start by saying that this author is not a bad author. Her writing style is pretty good and her sex scenes are really hot. The story, while not extremely original, wasn't too boring either. The biggest reason that this book could have been much better was because it really can't be read as a stand-alone without getting completely confused and lost at the end. If you try to read this story, without the ones before it, you will be disappointed. I know that reviewers who have done the whole s...more
Xuor
This was my first read in the Power Tools series and as I got into the story I was very pleased with the relationships. I loved the crew-the nature of their involvement with one another and the way they reacted with each other and with Kayla. I loved that Kayla was a "naturist" and completely comfortable with her nudity and her sexuality. And I loved the storm as plot device to get them together and I really loved the way the sex played out among them.

Then everything came crashing down with the...more
Shiran
I read the first book in Jayne Rylon's Powertools series - Kate's Crew, and I didn't love it, but when I had some time to kill and searched my Kindle for something short I discovered this one and figured that I would give it a chance. I wasn't too bothered that I haven't read book 2 in the series as I knew the characters and the added character wasn't in it much.

I must say I did enjoy this book more than the first one. I think it was because there were less men in it and, as mentioned after the...more
Ivelisse Roberts
One beautiful woman who is a naturist and three amazingly HOT construction men: YES PLEASE!! I love the powertool series, Kate's Crew was the first book I read from Jayne Rylon and she had me lined, hooked and sinkered. This story does not disappoint. It is number 3 in the series and it is in your best interest to read in order if not you might be a little lost, in other words get Kate's Crew and Morgan's Surprise trust me you will not regret it.
It is a short read but man oh man does it get ste...more
♥ Sarah ♥
Another hot little story about the Powertools crew. This time, the crew is working on building a spa resort for Kayla. But when the snow starts pouring down and their car breaks down before they can even take off, Dave, James, and Neil are trapped with Kayla until the roads clear and they can get their car fixed.

This was quite steamy good, like the previous Powertools quickies. But, I didn't like this one as much. It seemed faster and more rushed than the previous stories. I am, however, really...more
Mariana Bezerra
This book was of the chart hot. We have a very free woman with lots of time and a blizzard to help things evolve. The interesting thing was how free the weekend was and the night was really wild.

I liked Kayla and she was kinda perfect for Dave because she’s so modern and very different. I liked Neil and James relationship from the other books and it was really nice seeing them again. They know how to make a woman crazy and that night was unforgettable for Kayla.

Okay this time I believed a little...more
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
I may not be into drippy vaginas anymore but I started this series before I became M/M obsessed, so I figured I could probably finish the series for challenge points.

Anyway... I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other two. I could say that it's because the 'crew' is getting smaller or lack of story line but it's probably because there is less M/M play.

If you are looking for a quick hott steamy read where the woman is center of attention...look no further.

Darcy
I think these boys go out of their way to find women who are as different from the rest of the crews' women as they can! Kayla is the one for Dave and for the first time we don't just explore the sexual but the emotional side from the beginning with this story, we also have the crew making the move with Dave kissing his girl before she gave him the green light! Neil plays the matchmaker and gets Dave in so much trouble when it explodes in their face but all's well that ends well!
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Kayla's Gift is another nice installment to the Powertools series. In this one we have Kayla, a naturist, who's building a spa for other naturists. The crew is working on the project.

Kayla is attracted to the crew and can't figure out how to tell them. A snowstorm gives them some time alone and boy oh boy, they do they spend some quality time together!

This one was hot and sexy like you wouldn't believe. They're all so open and accepting of everything!
Cindi
Jul 12, 2011 Cindi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
HOT, HOT, HOT! As usual Jayne has provided a steamy story of yummy men comfortable with their sexuality and willing to share it with a lucky lady. I just love James and Neil they make a great couple and it adds good dimension to the crew in my opinion. These stories aren't that long but they are good and definitly worth reading ;)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I enjoyed this a bit better than the last but that was probably because Neil and James played a bigger part. These are hot short stories that I really wish were more involved. They just feel too rushed to me. I am glad Neil and James were saved for last. I am really looking forward to their story.
Shannon
Another hot installment in the Powertools series. I just love the way the guys all participate with the woman and eachother. Lovely. And much more bearable for me. The disagreement was, of course, settled much to fast but I expected nothing else. I really do like all these smoking hot guys.
Angie
This book is a good addition to the Powertools series. I would have given the book a 5 if there were more of a closure to the ending problem with James. I liked the little dream of Dave's giving insight into the next book, which I'm very much looking forward to reading.
Christy Lynn
I love what Kayla's place is going to be, and the crew helps with it ALL. Talk about feeling good in your own skin. Kayla's Gift
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
This like the Powertools Series was a quick read with a lot of sex and little plot. Anyone who knows me knows I like story line with plot, so why 3-stars instead of less? Because sometimes that is all you are looking for...a quickie loaded with sex.
Kelli
Of the series this is my favorite, I think that's because there's more of a chase ... kind of? There's more of that unsure dance work about what everyone is feeling and where they stand that I enjoy in a romance novel.
Tina Theresa
Kayla was annoying to me. I didn't feel the chemistry between Kayla and Dave. There wasn't a lot of one on one interaction between the two. The first one was my favorite. There is a hint for the next book.
  • Full House (Three of a Kind, #3)
  • Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2)
  • Carnal Compromise (Carnal, #2)
  • Four Sworn (Lone Star Lovers, #3)
  • Joining The Party (Lucky Springs, #1)
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
  • Claiming Cullen
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Stoneface
  • Enticement
  • Double Dare
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Anna in the Middle
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Dirty Thirty
Jayne Rylon is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She received the 2011 Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Indie Erotic Romance. Her stories used to begin as daydreams in seemingly endless business meetings, but now she is a full time author, who employs the skills she learned from her straight-laced corporate existence in the business of writing. She lives in Ohio wit...more
More about Jayne Rylon...
Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers, #1) Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1) Kate's Crew (Powertools, #1) Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers, #3) Morgan's Surprise (Powertools, #2)