Start by marking “The Lost Testament” as Want to Read:
The Lost Testament
Preview

The Lost Testament

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
After a public scandal leaves his personal life and ministry in ruins, Darrion James makes plans to start over elsewhere. On a train ride south, he meets a quirky Jewish writer who hands him a notebook with a controversial origin. . . Finding himself drawn to the writings, which he calls The Lost Testament, he spearheads a fiery, spiritual revival in the segregated mountai ...more
Published September 23rd 2010 by Great Nation Publishing (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Testament, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Testament

Sheila
Brian Thompson’s The Lost Testament is strongest in those places where it depicts racial tensions in the 1960s in the South, and weakest where it uses the mysterious Lost Testament to drive the story. The large cast of characters can leave the reader feeling disconnected from the tale, but the characters all have their own agendas, which, by later chapters, do finally intersect.

The depiction of worship with full sermons, singing and people falling down is powerfully evocative, as is the story of
Brian
Oct 04, 2011 Brian rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
It's my book, so naturally, I have to love it :)
B.J. Robinson
The Lost Testament by Brian L. Thompson is twenty-six chapters of action-packed faith and inspirational suspense released in September 2010 by the author through Smashwords. The beautiful novel is available in both paperback and eBook formats. Vivid description, history, and culture come alive as characters jump off the page and illustrate the real South during this period of history. Darrion James attempts to start over after his reputation is ruined and he's divorced. I found The Lost Testamen ...more
OOSA
Coming to the Light

Needing to put some distance between himself and his ex wife, Darrion James set out to get away. Due to unforeseen circumstances, he ended up in his childhood hometown longer than expected. With his mother's urging, he's called back to what he's good at doing. His beliefs and preachings opened eyes and turned lives around. Not everybody was happy to have him around.

When I first started reading "The Lost Testament" by Brian L Thompson, I thought it was going to be uninterestin
I could tell this was a first book. Barely made it through the first half. I don't believe "the lost testament" was the best title as the "testament" itself was rarely mentioned and was hardly essential part of the novel.
I have read many, many Christian books... this had some very "Pentecostal" scenes: some that would completely lose the interest of many readers. The end was way too abrupt and barely believable.
It's a good effort for a first book, but this novel was just not my style and too biz
Cathy
I did not feel a connection with the characters and did not care for the ending.
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Naynae
Naynae marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Glenda Taylor
Glenda Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Beautifulma
Beautifulma marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Jessiebee
Jessiebee marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
AnJanette
AnJanette marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Sistar Tea
Sistar Tea marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Alisa T
Alisa T marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Charlean Starr
Charlean Starr marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Tamisha
Tamisha marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Cjmcd5662
Cjmcd5662 marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
:} Sharon {;
:} Sharon {; marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Revelation Gate Reject High The Anarchists Sophomore Freak (Reject High, #2)