Start by marking “Deadly Cove (Lewis Cole, #7)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Cove (Lewis Cole, #7)

Deadly Cove (Lewis Cole #7)

In Deadly Cove, the seventh novel in the Lewis Cole mystery series, magazine columnist and former Department of Defense research analyst Lewis Cole is covering an anti-nuclear protest when gunfire breaks out, injuring his journalist friend and killing a charismatic activist.

Not content to let the professionals investigate this shooting, Cole begins to dig into the backgrou
Published July 5th 2011 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Cove

Skip
Dec 08, 2015 Skip rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-detective
Lewis Cole has a new boss at Shoreline magazine, who wants more than his monthly column, and he goes to cover a nuclear protest for a large expansion. His reporter and friend Paula Quinn is standing near one of the organizers when he is shot by a sniper, traumatizing her. Of course, Lewis has to make her feel safe. As in prior books, Lewis rubs some people the wrong way, is nearly killed, but is able to solve the mystery, but DuBois leaves readers with a cliffhanger. His last two novels are more ...more
Mark Pitman
Jan 14, 2014 Mark Pitman rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective
Lewis Cole has a new demanding editor at Shorelines who wants a daily column on the protests at the Falconer Nuclear Plant. When the leader of the non-violent protestors, Brandon Toles, is assassinated at a rally, Paula Quinn was on stage and got splattered by his gore. Paula went into shock and is never the same. Lewis is determined to find the shooter, be he a union member, a protester, or one of the extremists. He questions all the leaders hoping he will find something out. Diane Woods is one ...more
Viccy
Aug 08, 2011 Viccy rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-fiction
This is either the end of this series or Lewis Cole is heading off in an entirely new direction. Lewis lives in New Hampshire and writes for Shoreline Magazine. His salary is paid by the government to cover up his involvement in a deadly accident when he worked for the Department of Defense. Shoreline has been bought by a conglomerate and his new editor tells him shape up or ship out. Lewis is covering an anti-nuclear protest at a nearby power plant when the head of the anti-nukes' group is shot ...more
William Mosteller
Apr 02, 2016 William Mosteller rated it it was amazing
Tania
Aug 16, 2011 Tania rated it really liked it
I live on the Seacoast of NH where these novels are set, so love reading about our local spots and contemporary issues facing our community.
The Lewis Cole series is my favourite by author Brendan DuBois.. There is something about Lewis's big heart and gallant behaviour that totally endears this reader :)
Love the way it finished because there has to be another in the series - right Brendan!!>???
Stacy Bearse
Feb 05, 2012 Stacy Bearse rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Central character Lewis Cole is tested by a series of critical decisions, each focused on friendship and loyalty. Prodded by raw emotion, the energetic story line accelerates toward a shocking conclusion. I would excoriate most authors for the way in which Deadly Cove ends. In this case, I applaud DuBois as I eagerly await the sequel.
Steve Payne
Dec 05, 2016 Steve Payne rated it liked it
If you want to hear both sides of the nuclear energy argument then this book is for you. Lewis is super-human again, surviving multiple concussions in the span of a few days. Felix doesn't do much in this installment. This book is all about the women in Lewis's life and the conflict both external and internal they cause.
lynn
Sep 23, 2011 lynn rated it really liked it
So glad to find another Brendan Duois; it's been awhile. The latest Lewis Cole mystery, this time centered around protests at a nuclear plant in his New Hampshire town. Protests, love, murder, tested friendships and intrigue!
Lorlee
Jan 25, 2016 Lorlee rated it really liked it
Glad to see another Lewis Cole. Anti nuke protests -- environmental leader shot -- turns out to be his stepson over money not ideals. Diane is badly injured and at the end Lewis is heading out to kill the perpetrator, so I expect another book
Deena Scintilla
Sep 03, 2011 Deena Scintilla rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Really liked this author and will read the rest in the series starting at the beginning. It will be hard not to read the one after this first, tho, because I definitely want to see how 2 scenarios work out. Yep, like this series.
Jim A
Aug 20, 2011 Jim A rated it it was amazing
A little bit different from his first Lewis Cole novels. This one ends with a couple of suggestions that there might be more Lewis Cole in the future. He leaves two parts of the story 'hanging'.

If you are new to this series, I suggest you read Dead Sand first as it gives Cole's back story.
Bill Cunningham
Apr 19, 2014 Bill Cunningham rated it really liked it
This is my first Brendan DuBois novel and certainly won’t be my last. Well written mystery with a great character in Lewis Cole. My big dilemma now is whether or not I should read the previous books in the series and or jump right to the next as the ending left me hungry for more.
Renee Flewelling
Jan 25, 2012 Renee Flewelling rated it liked it
I didn't realize this was a series when I picked up this book, but didn't feel lost while reading it. Good enough thriller/mystery that I may go back and start the series from the beginning.
Brian Sunter
Mar 05, 2016 Brian Sunter rated it it was ok
I've enjoyed previous entries in this series, but Cole's motivation for much of the book just didn't quite ring true for me.
Jocelyn
Mar 24, 2014 Jocelyn rated it it was amazing
Very much enjoyed this story and will be looking into reading other Lewis Cole books.
Evelyn Harvill
Oct 27, 2014 Evelyn Harvill rated it really liked it
Excellent mystery. Now I have to get the next book in the series immediately!
Daphne
Aug 31, 2011 Daphne rated it liked it
I have been a Brendan DuBois fan for a long time, but this one was just too facile and almost like he had to get something out for the publisher. He is way better than this book.
Nathan Rudy
Nathan Rudy rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Jean Tower
Jean Tower rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Peter Sullivan
Peter Sullivan rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Kamini Madansingh
Kamini Madansingh rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2012
bunnycharlotte
bunnycharlotte rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2017
Gloria Taylor
Gloria Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Linda George
Linda George rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
PhobicPrerogative
PhobicPrerogative rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Steve Rodhouse
Steve Rodhouse rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Brendan DuBois of New Hampshire is the award-winning author of twenty novels and more than 150 short stories. His novel, "Resurrection Day," won the Sidewise Award for Best Alternative History Novel of the Year.

In addition to his thrillers, Brendan DuBois is the author of the Lewis Cole mystery series.

He is currently working on a number of writing projects with New York Times bestselling author Ja
More about Brendan DuBois...

Lewis Cole (10 books)
  • Dead Sand (Lewis Cole, #1)
  • Black Tide (Lewis Cole, #2)
  • Shattered Shell (Lewis Cole, #3)
  • Killer Waves (Lewis Cole, #4)
  • Buried Dreams (Lewis Cole, #5)
  • Primary Storm (Lewis Cole, #6)
  • Fatal Harbor (Lewis Cole, #8)
  • Blood Foam (Lewis Cole, #9)
  • Storm Cell (Lewis Cole, #10)