Deadly Cove

Deadly Cove (Lewis Cole #7)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In Deadly Cove, the seventh novel in the Lewis Cole mystery series, magazine columnist and former Department of Defense research analyst Lewis Cole is covering an anti-nuclear protest when gunfire breaks out, injuring his journalist friend and killing a charismatic activist.

Not content to let the professionals investigate this shooting, Cole begins to dig into the backgrou...more
Published July 5th 2011 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Cove

Mark Pitman
Lewis Cole has a new demanding editor at Shorelines who wants a daily column on the protests at the Falconer Nuclear Plant. When the leader of the non-violent protestors, Brandon Toles, is assassinated at a rally, Paula Quinn was on stage and got splattered by his gore. Paula went into shock and is never the same. Lewis is determined to find the shooter, be he a union member, a protester, or one of the extremists. He questions all the leaders hoping he will find something out. Diane Woods is one...more
Viccy
This is either the end of this series or Lewis Cole is heading off in an entirely new direction. Lewis lives in New Hampshire and writes for Shoreline Magazine. His salary is paid by the government to cover up his involvement in a deadly accident when he worked for the Department of Defense. Shoreline has been bought by a conglomerate and his new editor tells him shape up or ship out. Lewis is covering an anti-nuclear protest at a nearby power plant when the head of the anti-nukes' group is shot...more
Jocelyn
Very much enjoyed this story and will be looking into reading other Lewis Cole books.
Tania
I live on the Seacoast of NH where these novels are set, so love reading about our local spots and contemporary issues facing our community.
The Lewis Cole series is my favourite by author Brendan DuBois.. There is something about Lewis's big heart and gallant behaviour that totally endears this reader :)
Love the way it finished because there has to be another in the series - right Brendan!!>???
Stacy Bearse
Central character Lewis Cole is tested by a series of critical decisions, each focused on friendship and loyalty. Prodded by raw emotion, the energetic story line accelerates toward a shocking conclusion. I would excoriate most authors for the way in which Deadly Cove ends. In this case, I applaud DuBois as I eagerly await the sequel.
Jim A
A little bit different from his first Lewis Cole novels. This one ends with a couple of suggestions that there might be more Lewis Cole in the future. He leaves two parts of the story 'hanging'.

If you are new to this series, I suggest you read Dead Sand first as it gives Cole's back story.
Bill Cunningham
This is my first Brendan DuBois novel and certainly won’t be my last. Well written mystery with a great character in Lewis Cole. My big dilemma now is whether or not I should read the previous books in the series and or jump right to the next as the ending left me hungry for more.
lynn
So glad to find another Brendan Duois; it's been awhile. The latest Lewis Cole mystery, this time centered around protests at a nuclear plant in his New Hampshire town. Protests, love, murder, tested friendships and intrigue!
Deena Scintilla
Really liked this author and will read the rest in the series starting at the beginning. It will be hard not to read the one after this first, tho, because I definitely want to see how 2 scenarios work out. Yep, like this series.
Renee
I didn't realize this was a series when I picked up this book, but didn't feel lost while reading it. Good enough thriller/mystery that I may go back and start the series from the beginning.
Daphne
I have been a Brendan DuBois fan for a long time, but this one was just too facile and almost like he had to get something out for the publisher. He is way better than this book.
Kamini Madansingh
Kamini Madansingh is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
George Benns
George Benns marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Steve Coughlan
Steve Coughlan marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Jen
Jen added it
Aug 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Brendan DuBois of New Hampshire is the award-winning author of sixteen novels and more than 120 short stories. His novel, "Resurrection Day," won the Sidewise Award for Best Alternative History Novel of the Year.

In addition to his thrillers, Brendan DuBois is the author of the Lewis Cole mystery series.

He is also a one-time "Jeopardy!" gameshow champion.

His short fiction has appeared in Playboy, T...more
More about Brendan DuBois...
Resurrection Day Dead Sand (Lewis Cole, #1) Twilight 6 Days Primary Storm (Lewis Cole, #6)