Start by marking “More Than Memories” as Want to Read:
Open Preview read excerpt

More Than Memories

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  938 ratings  ·  86 reviews
Book 1, Memories Series

Can she love him if she can't remember him? Molly Anderson returns "home" to a town she doesn't remember, hoping it will spark a memory. She runs into Trent Williams, a Ridge City police detective, and something else definitely sparks.

He wants to know why she left town, with her parents, but without a word to anyone. She doesn't remember that life.
Published April 4th 2011 by Bravado Publishing (first published March 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Memories

Luisa
I tend to choose a book based on its reviews.. I know it's wrong, I'm proved wrong every single time but I can be hard-headed sometimes..
So I saw the book on Amazon, it sounded interesting so I downloaded it, I read the reviews (which were great!)so I decided to read it..
I hate writing bad reviews, I feel so bad for the author (please don't hate me Mrs James!!)but I have to say that there was nothing I liked about the book. It appeared to me that the whole story was an endless repetition of ph
Zinaid
I had planned to give this 2 stars simply because the storyline had potential but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The author could've gone in many directions as the main character has amnesia. While you're supposed to feel sympathetic for Molly I found myself liking Trent more - Molly is not a strong character. Certain plots went unexplored or were too rushed. The author threw in some potentially interesting story lines but it seemed like she decided to rush the ending instead of explorin ...more
Jane

After a fall left Molly with no memories of her life she decided to go in search of answers about her past. Going from one town to another hoping someone will recognise her she finally happens along Trent, a local sheriff. He knows her and more than that he loves her and is willing to help her unravel the mysteries of her ‘leaving’ because he will do anything to have the love of his life back for good.

This is the second book I have read by Kristen James and I enjoyed it much more than the other
Lillie
Although amnesia stories are popular in the romance genre, this one was a little different because there is a mystery surrounding the cause of the amnesia. I liked both of the characters very much—Trent was wonderful in helping Molly regain her memories without pressing her. There were some errors and repetition, and I found it implausible that the police were at the house within hours of the disappearance of Molly and her family when there didn't seem to be anything to alert them they were miss ...more
Black Butterfly
Mar 30, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA LOVERS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: romance
NOT A BAD BOOK JUST A LITTLE TO YA FOR MY TASTE, MAYBE IT IS A YA BOOK AND I MISSED THAT WHEN I WAS SELECTING IT. SEEMED LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE READ WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. NOT BAD FOR THAT AGE GROUP JUST NOT FOR ME AT THIS AGE, WAY TO JUVENILLE.
Norma
Such a wonderful story

This story kept me wondering through to the end. It was such a good storyline and all without the sex scenes. I look forward to reading the sequel. Speaking of sequel, the book can be a stand alone story.
Anne OK
This one hooks you from the beginning and never lets go until the ending. A great story of love lost and regained four years later. A heartwrenchingly beautiful love story.
June
Totally loved this story!
Kimberly
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

Molly has forgotten everything and everyone she has ever know and doesn't even know how it happened. So she heads to places her parents mentioned they have lived before they died in a car accident. In a little town in Oregon she walks into a police station with some questions and she runs into Trent. He can not believe the woman who walked away from him 5 years ago has just walked back into his life. But when he realizes she doesn't remember anything he d
Wanda Hartzenberg
More than a promise by Kristen James a full length novel of love, life and desire.
I really love this author’s book. The protagonists are real, with real human frailties and insecurities and they are what I call good people despite or because of their humanity.
I loved the fact that the little girl kept yearning for a family containing her real biological mom and dad but that she grows up and is smart enough to realise that that might not work.
Dad has a dangerous life; he is off on undercover ope
Melissa

Can you imagine waking somewhere, not knowing who you are, let alone who the people around you are? Could you imagine loving one person your whole life, to have the happiest day of your life turn into the worst? Kristen James has created a book that has you, the reader, so wrapped up in the life of Molly and Trent, that you are shocked to look up from your book and realize you're at home and not in Ridge City, Oregon. You'll wonder right up until the end how it will turn out for Molly, will she
Fictional Bookshelf
I enjoy a mystery romance that has more to the mystery besides, “Will they or won’t they hook up?” type setting. To me if a book is labeled ‘mystery romance’ then the mystery should be something other than will the leading characters become a couple because we all know that in the end 99% of the time the leading couples do hook up and live happily ever after so how is that considered a mystery?

Or the mystery’s storyline of the book seems very familiar with just one or two parts changed. Or - ye
AnnaBernyc Calderone
More than Memories
By: Kristen James
Have you ever forgotten where you put your wallet, cell phone, keys?
Forgotten a date you know you should remember like a birthday or anniversary?
What if all you could remember is the last 4 years of your life and everything before then is gone.
You can’t remember anything and the story you were told about how you lost your memory seems to be strange and not add up at all.
With Molly Anderson that’s what happen she can’t remember anything but the past 4 years she
Brandi Streeval
i got this e-book for review from the author, i really liked and enjoyed this book alot, i did not think that i would like this book as much as i did because i have never read a mystery romance book before, but this one is very very good, this is a very sweet love story, Molly and Trent grew up together, this book was very very good and amazing and so interesting, everyone should go buy this book you all would really like it alot, the main characters love is so amazing, i hope that there is a s ...more
Donna Porter
Molly Anderson stopped in Ridge City, like she did in many towns, hunting for years of her memories. She had a bad concussion and lost her memories but she knew she had a connection to this small town. She stopped at the police station and told them what she was looking for, someone who might recognize her. The receptionist called the sheriff out and he came around the corner and said Molly? His name was Trent Williams and he knew her but she didn't know him. She was so excited she thought she m ...more
Julie
Two years after he parents died, and four yours after she lost her memory, Molly Anderson decided to go visit the towns her late parents have claimed she lived in. After several failed attempts of discovering who she is, she walked into the Police Station in Ridge City and comes face to face with Officer Trent Williams. Trent turns out to her her lifetime childhood friend, and so much more.

Molly learns she has a great group of friends to support her as she tries to uncover why she suddenly left
Lori
First of all I absolutely LOVED Trent... I mean seriously he is like the ultimate sweetheart!

More Than Memories was a good story about a love lost and then found. It was heartbreaking to watch these characters go through everything. Molly can "feel" something for Trent but she doesn't quite understand it. Then there is poor, adorable Trent who lost the love of his life and he chooses to let her begin to remember at a pace that allows her to remember on her own but with little pushes from him.

A
Gina Marcantonio
Molly returns to her home town hoping someone will remember her and help her regain her memory. She walks right into the local police station, where Trent, who has loved her since the 2nd grade, is surprised to see her after waiting 5 years for her to return home.

Trent agrees to help Molly find out why she left Ridge City in the first place and help her remember her past.

Molly and Trent’s journey to discover her past is a sweet love story. A quick read that will reinforce your belief in the pow
Nancy Stopper
I was intrigued by the premise of this book - a woman with no past trying to find her past. And she walks right into her past, and back into Trent's life, in Ridge City.

I thought the book started out a bit clumsy. I felt as though the author struggled at the beginning to create the backstory and the depth to the characters. The "mind speak" was a bit stilted at the beginning and made it hard to stick with the book.

But, as you stick with it, the story begins to flow better and the mystery of what
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Four years ago, Molly Anderson woke up to an unfamiliar world. She didn’t know who she was or where she’d been, and the people who claimed to be her parents were complete strangers to her. Now that they’re gone, she’s on a mission to find out who she was before her memory disappeared.

It’s been four years since Molly and her family disappeared, and Trent’s no closer to finding her — until she walks right in the door. But she’s different now, less carefree and more reserved, and she doesn’t recog
Dawn
Apr 15, 2014 Dawn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio
I received a copy if the audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

I initially started to give a very harsh review, but wanted to be certain. So, after a second listen, here goes.

Storyline: Very good premise, but this just ends. The whole "mystery" just gets put out and like magic everything is square. It almost felt like the author just wanted to get it over. The author tried to explain why a man born and raised in Oregon has a southern drawl ("where did the drawl come from? "), but it didn'
Courtney
Kerry
This was the first book I read on my Kindle that I fell in love with. I was engaged from page 1 and couldn't wait to learn more about Molly, their relationship, and what happened to her. The relationship between Trent and Molly was so sweet, and I never found it to be sappy or over the top like you sometimes find. I absolutely loved this book and still hold out hope that the author might write another story with these characters.
Tess Nancarrow
This story started off great but As others have said, the ending was rushed and things were tied up too quickly and easily. Also, maybe I've just been reading too many dark novels but I feel like the "tragedy" she couldn't remember wasn't that bad.. I was expecting something a lot more traumatizing. I did like the characters and I would have given the book 3-4 stars if the ending wasn't so abrupt.
Kaitlyn Bates
I liked this book quite a lot. I was interested by the premise, I wanted to know why she couldn't remember anything, and I was extremely intrigued overall. Unfortunately, the wrap up in the end really got to me. The last few pages made me want to throw my Kindle. They were cheesy and unrealistic.

However, other than those last few pages, I truly enjoyed the book and will recommend it to others.
Kstar0330
Really enjoyable story. You definitely get the mystery with some very sweet romance as well. I would most definitely recommend this book. Sweet romantic story with some major mystery to be solved and all questions will be answered before this story ends. :)
SheLove2Read
Sweet story with very mild steam. The ending was a tad abrupt but overall I liked it and would read this author again.
Kimber
Unbelievable ending

Unbelievable ending

Could've given the book a higher star ending, until the very end. The author tied up a lot of loose ends, which was great and then got the heroine pregnant after less than a week. (and the heroine knew she was pregnant that early, even though she'd never been pregnant before????) It was like the author wasn't happy with the happy ending and had to add one more thing. And the one more thing ended up being a total DUD.

Cute story until then, but even I can't b
Brenda Bradley
Oh to find a love where the man who loves only you waits for years.
Audiobooks: New Audiobook Romance Mystery 1 29 Mar 07, 2014 03:34PM
Audiobook Fans: More Than Memories - a romance mystery 1 2 Mar 07, 2014 03:33PM
Audio-Bibliophiles: New Audiobook Romance - More Than Memories 1 3 Mar 07, 2014 03:32PM
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • Olivia
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Full Circle
  • My Everything
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Dead Again
  • Coming Home
  • True Colours
  • Necessary Detour
  • No More Lies
  • Bayou Born (Fleur de Lis Series, #1)
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Lime Ricky
Kristen James lives by the river in the Pacific Northwest (USA) and enjoys many outdoor activities from berry picking to canoeing. Her writing features the mountains and coastline in her home state of Oregon. As a wife and mother, she enjoys writing about family life and balancing all of the responsibilities women face today. That led her to write married romance where a couple falls in love for t ...more
More about Kristen James...
Embers of Hope (Second Gift #1) The Cowboy Kiss A Cowboy for Christmas A Special Ops Christmas Point Hope