Start by marking “More Than Memories” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

More Than Memories

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  1,166 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Book 1, Memories Series

Can she love him if she can't remember him? Molly Anderson returns "home" to a town she doesn't remember, hoping it will spark a memory. She runs into Trent Williams, a Ridge City police detective, and something else definitely sparks.

He wants to know why she left town, with her parents, but without a word to anyone. She doesn't remember that life.
Published April 4th 2011 by Bravado Publishing (first published March 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Memories

Luisa
May 02, 2012 Luisa rated it did not like it
I tend to choose a book based on its reviews.. I know it's wrong, I'm proved wrong every single time but I can be hard-headed sometimes..
So I saw the book on Amazon, it sounded interesting so I downloaded it, I read the reviews (which were great!)so I decided to read it..
I hate writing bad reviews, I feel so bad for the author (please don't hate me Mrs James!!)but I have to say that there was nothing I liked about the book. It appeared to me that the whole story was an endless repetition of ph
Arii
Oct 25, 2012 Arii rated it did not like it
I had planned to give this 2 stars simply because the storyline had potential but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The author could've gone in many directions as the main character has amnesia. While you're supposed to feel sympathetic for Molly I found myself liking Trent more - Molly is not a strong character. Certain plots went unexplored or were too rushed. The author threw in some potentially interesting story lines but it seemed like she decided to rush the ending instead of explorin ...more
Jane
Sep 05, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, to-review, 4

After a fall left Molly with no memories of her life she decided to go in search of answers about her past. Going from one town to another hoping someone will recognise her she finally happens along Trent, a local sheriff. He knows her and more than that he loves her and is willing to help her unravel the mysteries of her ‘leaving’ because he will do anything to have the love of his life back for good.

This is the second book I have read by Kristen James and I enjoyed it much more than the other
Dawn
Apr 15, 2014 Dawn rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio
I received a copy if the audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

I initially started to give a very harsh review, but wanted to be certain. So, after a second listen, here goes.

Storyline: Very good premise, but this just ends. The whole "mystery" just gets put out and like magic everything is square. It almost felt like the author just wanted to get it over. The author tried to explain why a man born and raised in Oregon has a southern drawl ("where did the drawl come from? "), but it didn'
Lillie
Nov 07, 2013 Lillie rated it really liked it
Although amnesia stories are popular in the romance genre, this one was a little different because there is a mystery surrounding the cause of the amnesia. I liked both of the characters very much—Trent was wonderful in helping Molly regain her memories without pressing her. There were some errors and repetition, and I found it implausible that the police were at the house within hours of the disappearance of Molly and her family when there didn't seem to be anything to alert them they were miss ...more
Norma
Jan 29, 2014 Norma rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story

This story kept me wondering through to the end. It was such a good storyline and all without the sex scenes. I look forward to reading the sequel. Speaking of sequel, the book can be a stand alone story.
Black Butterfly
Mar 26, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: YA LOVERS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: romance
NOT A BAD BOOK JUST A LITTLE TO YA FOR MY TASTE, MAYBE IT IS A YA BOOK AND I MISSED THAT WHEN I WAS SELECTING IT. SEEMED LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE READ WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. NOT BAD FOR THAT AGE GROUP JUST NOT FOR ME AT THIS AGE, WAY TO JUVENILLE.
Anne OK
Dec 29, 2011 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
This one hooks you from the beginning and never lets go until the ending. A great story of love lost and regained four years later. A heartwrenchingly beautiful love story.
June
Jan 22, 2014 June rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this story!
Debbie Oxier
Jul 16, 2015 Debbie Oxier rated it really liked it
This was a good, clean romance and a nice read. When Molly returns to her hometown she has no memory of having lived there, no memories of the man she left behind, or the town's people who all seem to know her well. An accident of some sort left her with amnesia and with her parents both dead, there's no one to answer her questions.

Trent, a policeman, is stunned when Molly shows up out of the blue. He can't forget the day she and her parents had disappeared without a trace. He and Molly had grow
Melissa
Nov 11, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing

Can you imagine waking somewhere, not knowing who you are, let alone who the people around you are? Could you imagine loving one person your whole life, to have the happiest day of your life turn into the worst? Kristen James has created a book that has you, the reader, so wrapped up in the life of Molly and Trent, that you are shocked to look up from your book and realize you're at home and not in Ridge City, Oregon. You'll wonder right up until the end how it will turn out for Molly, will she
Fictional Bookshelf
Aug 23, 2011 Fictional Bookshelf rated it it was amazing
I enjoy a mystery romance that has more to the mystery besides, “Will they or won’t they hook up?” type setting. To me if a book is labeled ‘mystery romance’ then the mystery should be something other than will the leading characters become a couple because we all know that in the end 99% of the time the leading couples do hook up and live happily ever after so how is that considered a mystery?

Or the mystery’s storyline of the book seems very familiar with just one or two parts changed. Or - ye
Kimberly
Feb 26, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

Molly has forgotten everything and everyone she has ever know and doesn't even know how it happened. So she heads to places her parents mentioned they have lived before they died in a car accident. In a little town in Oregon she walks into a police station with some questions and she runs into Trent. He can not believe the woman who walked away from him 5 years ago has just walked back into his life. But when he realizes she doesn't remember anything he d
Wanda Hartzenberg
Jan 19, 2013 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
More than a promise by Kristen James a full length novel of love, life and desire.
I really love this author’s book. The protagonists are real, with real human frailties and insecurities and they are what I call good people despite or because of their humanity.
I loved the fact that the little girl kept yearning for a family containing her real biological mom and dad but that she grows up and is smart enough to realise that that might not work.
Dad has a dangerous life; he is off on undercover ope
Brandi Streeval
Jun 13, 2012 Brandi Streeval rated it it was amazing
i got this e-book for review from the author, i really liked and enjoyed this book alot, i did not think that i would like this book as much as i did because i have never read a mystery romance book before, but this one is very very good, this is a very sweet love story, Molly and Trent grew up together, this book was very very good and amazing and so interesting, everyone should go buy this book you all would really like it alot, the main characters love is so amazing, i hope that there is a s ...more
Donna Porter
Jun 24, 2014 Donna Porter rated it it was amazing
Molly Anderson stopped in Ridge City, like she did in many towns, hunting for years of her memories. She had a bad concussion and lost her memories but she knew she had a connection to this small town. She stopped at the police station and told them what she was looking for, someone who might recognize her. The receptionist called the sheriff out and he came around the corner and said Molly? His name was Trent Williams and he knew her but she didn't know him. She was so excited she thought she m ...more
Julie
Oct 31, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
Two years after he parents died, and four yours after she lost her memory, Molly Anderson decided to go visit the towns her late parents have claimed she lived in. After several failed attempts of discovering who she is, she walked into the Police Station in Ridge City and comes face to face with Officer Trent Williams. Trent turns out to her her lifetime childhood friend, and so much more.

Molly learns she has a great group of friends to support her as she tries to uncover why she suddenly left
Gina Marcantonio
Jul 07, 2013 Gina Marcantonio rated it really liked it
Shelves: kristen-james
Molly returns to her home town hoping someone will remember her and help her regain her memory. She walks right into the local police station, where Trent, who has loved her since the 2nd grade, is surprised to see her after waiting 5 years for her to return home.

Trent agrees to help Molly find out why she left Ridge City in the first place and help her remember her past.

Molly and Trent’s journey to discover her past is a sweet love story. A quick read that will reinforce your belief in the pow
Lori
Jul 24, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
First of all I absolutely LOVED Trent... I mean seriously he is like the ultimate sweetheart!

More Than Memories was a good story about a love lost and then found. It was heartbreaking to watch these characters go through everything. Molly can "feel" something for Trent but she doesn't quite understand it. Then there is poor, adorable Trent who lost the love of his life and he chooses to let her begin to remember at a pace that allows her to remember on her own but with little pushes from him.

A
Kaitlyn Bates
I liked this book quite a lot. I was interested by the premise, I wanted to know why she couldn't remember anything, and I was extremely intrigued overall. Unfortunately, the wrap up in the end really got to me. The last few pages made me want to throw my Kindle. They were cheesy and unrealistic.

However, other than those last few pages, I truly enjoyed the book and will recommend it to others.
Courtney
Jun 14, 2012 Courtney rated it really liked it
Kerry
Jan 19, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read on my Kindle that I fell in love with. I was engaged from page 1 and couldn't wait to learn more about Molly, their relationship, and what happened to her. The relationship between Trent and Molly was so sweet, and I never found it to be sappy or over the top like you sometimes find. I absolutely loved this book and still hold out hope that the author might write another story with these characters.
Tess Nancarrow
Mar 17, 2013 Tess Nancarrow rated it it was ok
This story started off great but As others have said, the ending was rushed and things were tied up too quickly and easily. Also, maybe I've just been reading too many dark novels but I feel like the "tragedy" she couldn't remember wasn't that bad.. I was expecting something a lot more traumatizing. I did like the characters and I would have given the book 3-4 stars if the ending wasn't so abrupt.
KStar0330
Sep 21, 2013 KStar0330 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyable story. You definitely get the mystery with some very sweet romance as well. I would most definitely recommend this book. Sweet romantic story with some major mystery to be solved and all questions will be answered before this story ends. :)
SheLove2Read
Feb 26, 2013 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Sweet story with very mild steam. The ending was a tad abrupt but overall I liked it and would read this author again.
Sadie
Mar 26, 2013 Sadie rated it liked it
2.5
Brenda Bradley
Oct 17, 2013 Brenda Bradley rated it it was amazing
Oh to find a love where the man who loves only you waits for years.
FicCentral
Jul 25, 2014 FicCentral rated it liked it
Shelves: just-okay
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Four years ago, Molly Anderson woke up to an unfamiliar world. She didn’t know who she was or where she’d been, and the people who claimed to be her parents were complete strangers to her. Now that they’re gone, she’s on a mission to find out who she was before her memory disappeared.

It’s been four years since Molly and her family disappeared, and Trent’s no closer to finding her — until she walks right in the door. But she’s different now, less carefree and more reserved, and she doesn’t recog
Nancy Stopper
Jan 16, 2015 Nancy Stopper rated it liked it
I was intrigued by the premise of this book - a woman with no past trying to find her past. And she walks right into her past, and back into Trent's life, in Ridge City.

I thought the book started out a bit clumsy. I felt as though the author struggled at the beginning to create the backstory and the depth to the characters. The "mind speak" was a bit stilted at the beginning and made it hard to stick with the book.

But, as you stick with it, the story begins to flow better and the mystery of what
Roberta Capizzi
Jul 26, 2013 Roberta Capizzi rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I'd read another book by this author (I only realized it after I'd finished this one that that author was the same) and I enjoyed this one better.
I liked the plot and the story was entertaining, sweet and with the right amount of suspense and angst. I simpathized with Molly, the heroine, all through the story and I was really hoping she would get her happy ending and her memory back-which would be part of the happy ending.
I really liked Trent, he was sweet and strong at the same time, a hot cop
Audiobooks: New Audiobook Romance Mystery 1 30 Mar 07, 2014 03:34PM
Audiobook Fans: More Than Memories - a romance mystery 1 2 Mar 07, 2014 03:33PM
Audio-Bibliophiles: New Audiobook Romance - More Than Memories 1 3 Mar 07, 2014 03:32PM
  • Olivia
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • True Colours
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • In My Arms (Philadelphia, #1)
  • My Everything
  • The Broken Road (The Broken Road, #1)
  • Kiss Of An Angel
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • Judged By You (Judge Me Series, #1)
  • Angela's Salvation
  • The Brevity of Roses (Bay of Dreams, #1)
  • This Time Forever
  • One Week
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)
Kristen James lives in the Pacific Northwest (USA) and enjoys many outdoor activities such as cycling, hiking, berry picking and canoeing. Her writing features the mountains and coastline in her home state of Oregon, along with lots of conflict and emotion! She loves creating unique story lines and strong, complicated characters that stay with readers. Kristen is the author of over twenty books, a ...more
More about Kristen James...