Start by marking “Lovers Destined” as Want to Read:
Lovers Destined

Lovers Destined

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  69 reviews
This unofficial fanfic story revolves around Blay and Qhuinn from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. If in order, it would be #8.5. It is in no way affiliated with J.R. Ward.
Published 2011

The Student Prince by FayJayHeart in Hand by salifiableThe Doors of Time by FelisblancoBond by Anna FugazziLovers Redeemed by VaneCaos
Fanfiction. You know you want to.
33rd out of 287 books — 237 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenShadowfever by Karen Marie MoningMagic Bleeds by Ilona AndrewsLover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Favorite Couples
208th out of 1,024 books — 630 voters

More lists with this book...

UKSandy
I'm a friend of the author of this story but I promise you this review is not based on that friendship.

Lovers Destined is just exactly where I want Qhuinn & Blay to be. The author has picked up and ran with the story as Lover Mine finished. I can't describe to you how exactly she got the characters spot on, everything was just right, the emotions, the humour it was just wonderful, at times it was hard to believe that what I was reading was a fan fiction story.

This story had me laughing, it h
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
I bow down to the brilliance that is Heather M. Good God, woman....what an amazing talent you have. I tend to stay away from Fanfic (in my brain they tend to mix in with the "real" stories and I get story lines confused) but after hearing so much about Lovers Destined I just had to throw caution to the wind and read it.

Breathtaking, that's the first word that comes to mind. I'm sure many of us have put a lot of thought into how we view Blay and Qhuinn's HEA and I constantly wonder how their rel
Dreamer
Satisfying fanfic bringing Qhuinn & Blay together at last. The fact that it has been removed from the web for legal reasons should be regarded as a compliment if JR Ward regards it as a threat!

Boyboygirllove
WOW...I tore through this story like a thirsty girl in a desert! I couldn't take JR Ward teasing us with this storyline any longer without and end in sight. I needed a HEA for these two boys!!!

I was a bit leery when I landed on this fanfic because I thought there is no way anyone could come close to the Warden's writing. I was SOOOO wrong! I had to remind myself at times that I was not in fact reading one of her stories.

Thank you so much to the author for taking on such a huge undertaking as liv
Leigh
5+ stars!!! OMG...it took me a LONG time to come around to reading it (I've never read fanfic before), but before too long, I finally caved and gave in (because I just had to know what was doing with my boys!), and OMG, am I so glad that I did!!

This is a story of Qhuinn and Blay from the BDB, continuing after the events of Lover Mine. DateWithDestiny did a fabulous job with this story, and it really was just spectacular. She captured the essence of Qhuinn and Blay (as well as other characters)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Mar 18, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: BDB fans!
I’ll be honest, I was VERY skeptical about reading this because it’s about Qhuinn and Blay whom I just ADORE with my entire heart! To say I was shocked is an understatement.

She captures the BDB world perfectly, keeping in tune with the character personalities and humor. Not to mention that the sex scenes are damn HOT! UKSandy, you were right! Chapter 26 is a sexy one!

When the WARDen writes Qhuinn and Blay’s story, this is how it should be!

I want to read about the heartbreaking love between thes
Susan65
Amazing...and just what I am hoping happens in the novella when it comes out.
Christina
Simply fantastic!

This is a story for all Qhuay fans waiting for their HEA. The story is set in the BDB world and the character portrayals are spot on. I can’t say enough about it. One of the best Fan Fictions out there.

H.M. I read it a few months ago and just noticed you put a cover to your story. OMG love the cuff links.
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
LOVED this. This is a fairy tale come true. Unfortunately, I don't think that J.R. Ward can even come up with something as good as this Qhuay fantasy.

Definitely recommend this to anyone who is wanting ~ or needing ~ Qhuay!!
Edh
I read this because there were so many posts about how amazing it was and how much the author wrote like JR Ward.

Uhmmm... no offense to the author but are we all reading the same books? This read nothing like the BDB books to me. The BDB books were a lot more raw to me and this felt.... not so much.

I think the author has talent and I am not trying to be disrespectful, just saying this is nothing like I would expect from the BDB books and storyline. A bit tame actually. I have to admit I only m
Moonlite_Reader
I have nothin to compare this to as I only read one book from the series and never read any others. I really loved how aggressive both guys were and enjoyed this story.
Lara
Success! My first real fanfic experience was a good one. A really good one! Don't know for sure if this is how The Warden would have (or will hopefully) write it, and I may get confused between this and the real BDB world, but I guess that can't be helped. This was a sweet, very hot, and fun short read. I would definitely recommend it for any real Qhuay fans out there. But be warned, it is not for the faint of heart! And thank The Scribe Virgin for that!
Jeffrey
As a huge Qhuay fan, I found myself going going crazy waiting for the next chapters of this authors work.

She nailed every aspect of team Qhuay's angst.

I dare say this was the HEA we fans of the boys were hoping for.

Looks like the Warden will have to step up her game on this story line.

"Lovers Destined" will be quite hard to match. Just my humble $0.2 worth.
(H) ;-)

A.
Lauraadriana
This story is EXACTLY what I wanted to see happen for Qhuinn and Blay I loved it. It was well written and totally captured the love and passion that all the BDB couples have for each other.

Qhuinn and Blay needed their own story and this one was just right. Great writing with a good subplot...and I can't complain about the smexyness :)

GREAT WRITING HM!
~~~Heather S.~~~
Brilliantly written and true to the characters that we love!! Oh and shall I mention HOT as hell! WARDen's going to take forever to release the Qhuinn and Blay novella, so I'll keep re-reading this until we finally get it. It's truly fantastic!

Now if this author would get working on her first official novel, we can all gush about that!
Sheri
*sigh*
wonderful piece of fanfic...nice filler to help the void while I watch the calander flip towards march. Very much how I hope things end up in real life (ha..I mean Wards real life..you know what I mean!!)
short and sweet..with the HEA I am looking for...
& the wait continues on...
Camilla
Dec 06, 2011 Camilla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: pdf

Maybe I should keep track on how many times I've read this amazing bundle of hotness.. Its well over 10 times so far. And I just got done with it again.. Oh God, I'm so in love with this Qhuay story!

You're a genius, H.M!
Mahlet
We're so lucky to have such a talented writer in our BDB fandom - this is a MUST READ for any Qhuay fans. Ridiculously hot (running shower plus leather pants = *DIED*) with laugh out loud moments thrown in - enjoy!!!
Shanna
This is exactly what I wanted for the Blay and Qhuinn story. Very well done fanfic. Heather really captured the essence of the brothers and Quinn and Blay's love story.
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I don't really care if Ward will write Qhuay's story, we'll always have Lovers Destined!
Amber
Amazing!! I don't even know where to begin.
I am a huge fan of JR Ward, and just love the Brotherhood series. I'm also a huge fan of Quinn and Blay. HM does a BRILLIANT job with this story of Blay and Quinn. She finally gets them to come to terms that Yea you both are in love with each other now let it happen! HM starts us off with them right after John and Xhex get mated, from there we witness what these two have to go through to become accepted with their Brothers and with Blay's family and of
Ayanna
Eh. The narration is a bit choppy and awk, which kind of makes it all sound a bit contrived. There were some things that were a bit gimmicky, imo, and it was clear the entire thing was engineered to lead up to that point anyways.

Anyways, maybe it's just cuz I already have the "real" Qhuay so I'm judging this by different standards or something, but I feel the character dynamics are a bit off. I feel that they act quite OOC and...pedestrian. The vamp dynamics are a bit different, too, and it's mo
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I started reading this last year after I read Lover Mine when I stumbled upon it on FanFiction.net. I had to stop reading it because when people would ask me things about the series things were blending in from what had really happened, so I deidn't finish it last year.

Now, in preparation for Lover Unleashed, I had to finish it. The author of this story did an amazing job. It's written in a very J.R. Ward style. Very good job.

The actual story is pretty hot, and it makes me even want to get the Q
Becca Finn
Having read Lover at Last, and now this, I have to say that I prefer Lover's Destined. If I could have Layla having Qhuinn's young with Saxton being nice (from LAL), with the events and relationship dynamic from this book I would be happy. This was just how I imagined Qhuinn and Blay, with none of the one hundred extra story lines thrown in (like in LAL). The jealousy, the issues with feedings, the two of them fighting physically together, it had everything. I even always imagined Qhuinn wanting ...more
Stacey
This is the first fan fic piece I have ever read, and I think I may be spoiled for a long time. Heather has taken a story that (I think) most BDB readers want to hear, but are afraid will never get its due. Her writing is so true to character and plot that at points I found myself forgetting I wasn't reading JR Ward. God, I hope when Ward gets around to this story it can match the heat that Heather created for Blay and Qhuinn. Thanks for being willing to share this with us!
Shelby P
Recently found out about this fanfiction and had to read it ASAP. Gotta say that as a whole I enjoyed Qhuinn and Blay's story more here than in Lover at Last. This book was very funny at times. Had me LOLing a few times. The sex was hot and plentiful.

Now there were some things that bugged me. Several characters seemed to get personality transplants. I didn't like how Saxton was portrayed here. He came across as a villain and he isn't. Layla is not my favorite character but the way Qhuinn treated
Neko
I read this without reading where they were originally from. So I was quite confused for about... well.. the whole thing. But, I just kinda caught on and even though I didn't know pretty much all of the characters the story as it's own was amazing!
I LOVED IT!
It really makes me want to pick up the book from where they originated from. Absolutely great!
DayDreamer
There are pieces of fanfiction Ward will have to work hard to top. This one is among them.
It was the first long (and good, or shall I say great) Qhuay fanfiction I read. I loved it. It was hot, emotional and complex, plus it was true to character (with the possible exception of Saxton).
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
It was like reading a true J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood novel! I love Qhuinn and Blay and they were written so brilliantly in this. I don't know if even when it comes time if Ward will be able to top this. Such a great read, loved it.
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
I give this 4.75 stars. There was just one thing that I didn't like but other than that, I really loved this story. Really really hawt!

FanFiction so don't take it to heart that it's not the WARDen.

Seriously...can't wait til Q & B's book.
Is there anyplace I can read this...? 5 65 Mar 09, 2014 04:27PM
  • Someone You Might Have Been
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • But then, My Homework Was Never Quite Like This (Homework Verse, #1)
  • The Long Way (Long Way #1)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Balancing Karma
  • Turn (Turn!verse, #1)
  • Just Hit Send
  • It Started with Brian
  • The Progress of Sherlock Holmes
  • New York Blue
  • A Little Bit Country
  • Reifu Rising
  • Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)
  • Like the Taste of Summer