The Heat is On (Out of Uniform #6)

The Heat is On (Out of Uniform #6)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,069 ratings  ·  51 reviews

It’s all about the thrill...

Out of Uniform, Book 6

Just like that, Matt begins to wonder if maybe the idea of settling down with

Published April 5th 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Heat is On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heat is On

Auntee
Apr 10, 2011 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of erotic stories featuring Navy SEALs
Probably my least favorite entry of a pretty enjoyable series, but only because of the "slutty" heroine. I know, I know, a slutty hero I can take, but I have different standards for my heroines.:)

Anyhow, our Navy SEAL hero (southern 'gentleman' Matt O'Connor) and our heroine (buxom blonde flower shop owner Savannah) meet in an unusual way. They're involved in a bank robbery when a trio of inept criminals hold up the local Savings and Loan. Savannah and Matt are down on the bank floor, trading qu...more
Ruth
This was a very pleasant little read. I've not read any of the others in the series, but it really didn't matter. I liked the hero, I liked the heroine, I liked the theme of committment-phobia, and I loved the way it's written. I couldn't really buy the menage bit, but I'm just highly suspicious of menages anyway, so it's not that it's badly written, or irrelevant. It's just not my thing.

The hero and the heroine are essentially young, free, single and loving it. They please themselves, but don't...more
Wendy
Matt O'Connor is single and has more women hanging off his jock, than he knows what do with them. Until Savannah. Savannah's sassy, knows what she wants and is not afraid to ask for it. Can Matt rein in this bombshell, that has him acting like a lovesick, tongue tied teenager?

This is a fun hot little sizzler of a read! Nice!
Alex is The Romance Fox
What is it about these SEAL men that just luv threesomes……okay, they do it one time and then realize that no, it’s a onetime thing…because….they really just want to be with the one person they love!!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess they do it one time just to check it out….right!!!!! Of course there have been one or two exceptions…..like Carson & Holly and Becker &

I wasn’t really crazy about Matt in the previous stories…..but I hoped I would kind of warm up to him. I am sorry to say that I didn’t…....more
Exina

Well, seems like all in the stories of the ‘Out of Uniform’ series are the same when it comes to plot, so I think it depends on the characters whether I like the story or not.

Matt and Savannah are alike in many ways. Matt is a commitment-phobe, while Savannah is addicted to the thrill of the firsts: first kiss, first sex. Matt of course changes due to the right woman, and all of a sudden he becomes the most committed guy ever, and Savannah realizes that with Matt every moment is thrill...more
Judi
The action starts out fast and furious (mmmm I sense a movie title in there somewhere), a bank robbery in progress, people cowering on the floor, lives being threatened by the likes of Hook Nose, Black Hair and Red Shoes. Not exactly the place to be scoping out your next potential date, but it’s hard for Matt O’Connor to resist the beautiful blonde lying on the floor next to him as they share a snarky, running commentary on the ineptitude of the idiots robbing the bank.

With the crisis averted, M...more
Rose May
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

Book 6 in the Out of Uniform Series

KINKS: Threesomes (two guys and a gal), Anal

As usual (though I wouldn’t say always) with short, sexy novellas they could use those extra twenty pages. This book had all the sexy flavor it needed: sugar and spice and everything naughty galore. Unfortunately the romance between our hero, Matt O’Connor, and our heroine, Savannah Harte, was...more
Meandering Tales aka *Coco Michele*
Unlike the others in this series, I just couldn't find a reason to like the H/h because they were both such idiots as to why they didn't want a relationship. Case in point when Matt and Savannah are describing their parents' relationships and why they avoid serious relationships themselves:

Savannah: “Okay, you want to know what they’re like? They’re perfect,” she said with a sigh. “And boring. They’re just so predictable,” she finally admitted. They finish each other’s sentences, laugh at all...more
Dawn
More like 2.75...

Not my favorite book in the series. At all. There is so much potential with Matt's character. He is a southern boy with a sexy twang (my kryptonite) and from his "contributions" to book 5, I couldn't wait to see what Ms. Kennedy had in store for him. Plot line was ok, but the bad boy who wanted to settle down and the woman that who needed coaxing got a bit stale. What made it worse was Savannah. Plain and simple. I get the carefree attitude and the love them and leave them menta...more
Mia Catherine
I fell in love with the Out Of Uniform series when I read Jackson's story, which is actually #10 in the series. I've been working my way backwards since them. Each story stands alone, so you lose nothing if you've not read others, so reading them in reverse order hasn't taken anything away from my enjoyment of these characters.

That said, I may take a break from these stories. I wasn't crazy about Savannah and Matt. Each character was fine on their own. Matt is a hardworking sailor and Savannah i...more
PepsiGirl
First let me say that this whole series is hot, and of course all of the guys are, but this one just didn't do it for me. Maybe my problem is that I read this out of order and I know how Savannah and Matt's relationship is and it's still kind of messed up, so the little HEA at the end isn't true and they still do threesome's because they like to mix it up. Anyway not knowing that I probably would have liked this better even though Savannah pretty much acted like all the guys do. Savannah is an i...more
Kaetrin
What it's about: (from Goodreads) As a Navy SEAL, Matt O’Connor specializes in Bad Boy. At least, that’s what he thinks…until he finds himself face down on the floor during a bank robbery, arguing with a sexy, bad-girl blonde who wields her sharp tongue with surgical precision.

Just like that, Matt begins to wonder if maybe the idea of settling down with one woman isn’t as crazy as he thought.

Savannah Harte is addicted to first kisses and whirlwind romances. Once the thrill is gone, though, she’s...more
MsRomanticReads

Navy SEAL Matt O'Connor is the last hold out. All his other buddies are all in serious relationships, but he's still happy being the bad boy and having his fun. Next thing he knows, he's stuck in the middle of a bank robbery exchanging quips with a sassy, gorgeous blonde. He's never been tongue-tied around any woman before, so this new development baffles him. The blonde, Savannah, turns him down and Matt is left wondering why it bothers him that he struck out.

Savannah Harte doesn't do relations...more
Angela
When Matt finds himself in the middle of a bank robbery, the last thing he expects is to be charmed by - and laughing with the girl on the floor next to him. Trading sarcastic barbs back and forth is easy, but when he tries to take it a step further and she turns him down, Matt doesn't know what to do. She ties his tongue and all the smooth flirtations that he's never had trouble with seem to stutter somewhere on the way out.

Savannah has a strict one-guy policy. And a strict no-relationship poli...more
Rjsmommy
Yep, the SEALS of Team 14 keep dropping like flies...into committed relationships anyway. Matt is the fallen womanizer this time but he's met his commit-phobe match in Savannah. Their meeting is quite unique...it's during a bank robbery. And instead of cowering and whimpering, Savannah starts making sarcastic remarks about the bank robbers as Matt joins right in. Finally, as the situation begins to disintegrate Matt disposes of the three robbers in less than a minute. You would think, Savannah w...more
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

Since Matt O’Connor’s former roommate joined the rest of his friends on the path to love, marriage, and babies, Matt has been feeling a bit lonely. Not that he has any intention of giving up his no-strings-attached sex lifestyle. Matt’s happy with his status as the bad boy of SEAL Team Fifteen. Then he meets Savannah Harte. The beautiful blonde knocks Matt of his feet and her attitude toward sex matches Matt’s...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted on: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Navy SEAL Matt O’Connor and Savannah Harte met during a bank robbery. He’s been a playboy but now he’s hooked on her and unfortunately for him, she’s addicted to first kisses and that’s about all.

Wow, what an opening to this story, both the main characters in the wrong place at the wrong time…in a bank while it’s being robbed. This hooked me straight away and I enjoyed the witty banter between these two while all this is going on. Wh...more
Jay Arcy
Oh, so this was a continuation of number 5... uh, sort of... essentially, the characters in book 4 are friends of the characters in book 5. I wasnt able to read the first four in the series.

Again, nice story line. I was able to finish this in one sitting as I had a lot of skipped pages due to the torrid stuff that had caused me to gag. Too graphic for my taste.
Ashley
Matt and Savannah. I love the opening scene for this story - Matt and Savannah are both in a bank when an inept holdup attempt takes place. Witty banter and sparks ensue, but then Savannah brushes him off. She's not looking for a serious relationship, and definitely not with a military guy. Happenstance brings them back together and Matt is in it to win it. She's the one holding back, which seems to be a theme in this series (guy gets serious, girl has cold feet). What is not cold is the sexy ti...more
Sue Parker
Matt meets Savanna at the bank. While it is being held up by three idiots with guns. Immediately he likes her sarcasm and wit. She turns him down and now he is upset because nobody has turned him down before. Then just like fate he runs into her again and this time she says yes. Another scorching hot book.
Edith
To be honest, it was not the best in the series. I thought I would like Matt's story more, because I liked his character in the previous books, but that's not what happenend here. Just like with Ryan's story. I feel so weird about it...
Kimberly Walter
The Heat is On was very very HOT! Matt goes after Savannah the woman he wants but she does not want more than a fling. Matt will do every thing he can to win her heart.
The BookWhisperer
When I read this synopsis, I was really excited. I thought that Matt being held hostage during a bank robbery would make him all sorts of hot in my book. Unfortunately, Savannah and Matt’s comments while being held hostage made me want to scream at them, “Stop it! They have guns. Shut up and do as they say then get freaky with it afterwards.” However, after the book got better and steamy. Matt is the same as all of the other Navy SEAL men; HOT! He can do no wrong (besides smart off to the robber...more
Darcy
I thought that the opening of this one was great, I can just see a SEAL doing something like that. I was surprised by Savannah's attitude in this book, usually it is the man that is more flippant. I actually liked Matt getting a taste of what he usually dishes out, but with that said when he did "I love you" I felt sorry for him and was glad to see him walking out. Seeing both of them in the breakup aftermath was just pathetic, it was a good thing that things ended the way they did.
Erin
Not bad at all.

I love the man slut Matt.

The girl slut Savannah was a bit annoying. And also... she was doing stuff as a florist that florists don't do. They create and deliver the flowers, they do not do silk banners etc. That job would belong to Annabelle (as Holly would be just doing the food).

I can't believe Garrett is leaving the Navy!!!! *cries*

And dear gods all of them are popping out babies. Those are some mighty potent Semen (I could NOT resist the pun...).
Ridley
While I liked the heroine who was perfectly comfortable in her own sexuality and the gender role reversal that had the SEAL hero wanting the commitment and relationship and the heroine wanting to keep things light, there was a lot of bloat in this novella in the form of gratuitous appearances by the previous books' characters. Totally no bueno.
Liz Blue
Snappy, fun dialogue and a couple of well-written sex scenes--but the narration was stilted, weird, and very tell-y. I liked the tables-turning of the woman being the commitment-phobe, but I don't think the novella form is long enough to believably take the two of them from "never want a relationship" to "together forever."
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Kiss Me, Kate (The Madison Stories, #1)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns, #2)
  • Hammer It Home (Powertools, #6)
  • Position Secured
1935000
A RITA-award nominated author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently publishes with Harlequin Romantic Suspense, Harlequin Blaze, Samhain Publishing, and NAL. She loves strong heroines and sexy alph...more
More about Elle Kennedy...
Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2) Heat of the Moment (Out of Uniform, #1) Hotter Than Ever (Out of Uniform, #9) Feeling Hot (Out of Uniform, #7) Body Check