Start by marking “Beyond Birth and Death” as Want to Read:
Beyond Birth and Death

Beyond Birth and Death

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  205 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Is there life after death? Srila Prabhupada tells how the soul travels from body to body, and how we can end the cycle of birth and death by reaching Lord Sri Krishna's ultimate abode. An excerpt: "The simple process of chanting the names of Krsna will reveal what one is, what God is, what the material and spiritual universes are, why we are conditioned, how we can get out ...more
Published January 1st 1972 by Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Birth and Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Birth and Death

laura
Mar 01, 2009 laura rated it it was amazing
Holy crap was this book good! It has changed my views on religion/spirituality. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada has a great way of making the Hindu beliefs understandable. When I read this book I felt at peace. I really like thinking about letting go of material possessions and trying to be closer to god to attain enlightenment. It is fascinating to think that we can travel to other worlds and reach Krishna consciousness.
Kornelija
May 09, 2012 Kornelija rated it liked it
I'm not into bhakti yoga or anything yet, I'm just interested in the other way of seeing world. It's interesting to find out more information about other religion, to see the way, that many people live and actually feel happy. Knowing that, made me things look logical and worth of attention.
I don't know why and how, but when I take this book I feel a little bit confused but in same time I can feel my dirty heart which I strongly want to clean by loving someone. Then you start to feel the little
Avel Rudenko
This stellar transcendent book may change your outlook on life. Potentially, you will be taught that there is "nothing new under the Sun." Material gains are finite and we see them one moment, and the next they're gone. Really eye-opening. This commensurates that only the spiritual aspect of things is worth pursuing in life. Short read, shouldn't conflict with anything else you might have going on during your day. Well-worth it!
Meghan Yardas
Aug 27, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Very eye opening. A must read for anyone open to different views
Monavalley
Jun 23, 2014 Monavalley rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I'm quite interested in Bhakti Yoga and I have been a devotee for more than 1year in this life. The small booklet I read was given by a monk at a Philosophy class in Sydney Krishna Temple.

The book is very eye opening and helps readers to link the world and ourselves. However, it is only a tip of iceberg with much more hidden truth behind. I strongly recommend those interested to know more about Bhakti yoga to read Bhagavad Gita that explains Easten philosophy in further details.
Annie Frame
Jan 31, 2014 Annie Frame rated it really liked it
A book for those who yearn to look beyond the blinkers of society. I enjoyed it and will read again. Did repeat a bit in places, but not enough to bother me, because the concept was well worth reading. A breeze to know that it is actually intelligence that makes us seek pastures new, when out of the comfort zone of others. A one for the billowing mind that cannot find satisfaction in 'You are this/You are that' world.
Ashley
Apr 22, 2015 Ashley rated it did not like it
Had to read it for class & I didn't like it.
Rakshita Roat
Apr 18, 2015 Rakshita Roat rated it it was amazing
dis book clear concepts about body and souls , perfect explanation about karma , processes to gain knowledge and thanx to shril prabhupada for providing knowledge to us ...
Astha Khare
Feb 06, 2015 Astha Khare rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Definitely gives you a way of thinking! Understanding birth and death could not have been simpler. The way Swamiji explains everything, with such universally accepted and understood examples, simple logics and palpable secularity is formidable! I love the fact that religion has absolutely no role to play despite "Krsna" being the center of the book! And also that, has been explained by him! It was so great that for the first time, I was tempted to write a review!
Vijay Dhameliya
Jan 06, 2015 Vijay Dhameliya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prabhupada
The book explains its title in great detail with scientific evidences and logical reasoning.
Eden
Feb 24, 2013 Eden rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Interesting book about life and death and how we are more than just a physical body.
Rathindranath Das
Nov 10, 2013 Rathindranath Das rated it it was amazing
towards a fresh start..!
Sahi
Sahi marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Suman
Suman added it
Jun 22, 2016
Asmaa Hijazi
Asmaa Hijazi rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2016
Shailesh
Shailesh rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Roger
Roger rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Swapnil Chormale
Swapnil Chormale rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Chirag Patel
Chirag Patel marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Ramon Chavez
Ramon Chavez marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Blewn
Blewn added it
Jun 03, 2016
João Pascoal
João Pascoal rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Karish Bhatia
Karish Bhatia marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Cristian Liotta
Cristian Liotta marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Anand Gosavi
Anand Gosavi rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Luisa
Luisa added it
May 20, 2016
Scott Thornton
Scott Thornton rated it it was ok
May 19, 2016
Sumeet
Sumeet marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
  • The Hundredth Monkey
  • Complete Book of Tarot Spreads
  • The Eternal Now
  • Edgar Cayce's Story of Jesus
  • Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on the Bhagavad-Gita: A Translation and Commentary, Chapters 1-6
  • The Mystical Poems of Rumi 1: First Selection, Poems 1-200
  • Wine of the Mystic: The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam: A Spiritual Interpretation
  • The Religions of Man
  • The Joyous Cosmology: Adventures in the Chemistry of Consciousness
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was born in 1896 in Calcutta, India. He first met his spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, in Calcutta in 1922. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, a prominent devotional scholar and the founder of sixty-four branches of Gaudiya Mathas (Vedic institutes), liked this educated young man and convinced him to dedicate his life to teach ...more
More about A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda...