Start by marking “One Year to an Organized Life with Baby: From Pregnancy to Parenthood, the Week-By-Week Guide to Getting Ready for Baby and Keeping Your Fami” as Want to Read:

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Bringing a baby into the family is undeniably one of life's most momentous experiences, marked by expectation, joy, and hundreds of tasks and questions. Which baby gear essentials do you need to buy and when? How can you reorganize your home to make room for your baby? When should you start looking for a daycare center or nanny?"One Year to an Organized Life with Baby" pri ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Year to an Organized Life with Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Year to an Organized Life with Baby

Sherry
Useful tips for organizing your home and your life for the impending arrival of a baby and one year beyond. Some chapters were less relevant to my life or covered things that I was already doing. Many chapters did provide food for thought on things that would be coming down the pike. At times there were recommendations to purchase expensive organization gadgets or other services that I think are wholly unnecessary, but overall I did learn something and at least have some ideas about what I'd lik ...more
Rachel
When I picked up this book, I didn't realize that it was written by a professional organizer who would expect that you were as anticlutter(this woman actually takes her coffeemaker in and out of a cabinet every morning) and as capable of spending lots of money on organizational products as her typical clients. So,I was rather disappointed because I was expected it to offer advice that was more practical.
Monica
Go from feeling overwhelmed to empowered with the organizational techniques in this book. I have been inspired to start some heavy spring cleaning as a result.
Sarah Delacueva
Very useful tips about getting organized before the baby arrives. I liked the week-by-week format with tips and tasks. Since I am already fairly organized, there were definitely things in this book that I had already done or already had systems for. However, since it was my first pregnancy, there were plenty of baby-related tasks that I had never done before and didn't know how to organize. This book was extremely helpful in alerting me to tasks that I hadn't thought of and gave me lots of good ...more
Danielle
I picked this up after baby had already arrived so I can't speak to the pregnancy parts. In terms of postpartum I didn't really find anything new or insightful. Most of the tips are common sense. I was looking for cool lifehacks and aha moments but this really is just an overview of things you should be doing and probably are doing in some form or another.
Karen
I picked this up from the library postpartum, so I only read the latter third of the book. I love this sort of book that sets a focus for each week with some tasks and suggestions on how to be efficient. Right up my alley, so I did do some of the organizing and it was an entertaining read, but didn't change the way I do things.
Emily
I got this book free on a Goodreads giveaway, but I had no idea when I entered to win it that it was based on Zen (Buddhist) organization. I'm not into witchcraft nor would I ever desire to open that door of destruction to my unborn baby or my marriage, so I wanted to give anyone looking into this a heads-up that this is the basis for the book.

The author also encourages mind-emptying meditation (very dangerous) and other forms of spirituality that can be ultimately harmful because they open up
Rebecca
Some parts of this book were so useless but parts were actually very helpful...tips that I hadn't thought of and made note to put them on my "to do before baby arrives" list. Also provided some very helpful tips for postpartum recovery and transition to becoming a mother and going back to work, etc. Got this via the library.
Emily Schatz
I read this in quite a bit more than a year, but enjoyed it for the following reasons:
- it's helpful for overwhelmed expectant parents who aren't sure what to do with all the STUFF and information that comes with new babies
- it made me realize I was more organized than I thought
- it covers a lot of housekeeping ideas and things-to-talk-about tips, which for me generated a lot of brainstorming
- it's funny.

Minus one star for relying too heavily on commercial organization products, and minus one st
Megan
Lots of good tips for a new mom.
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The book contained lots of helpful advice and information on what to do and expect when pregnant and when baby comes home. Although not all of the advice was useful for my lifestyle, there was plenty of helpful advice for me!
Mrs. Schonour
Thinking ahead to parenting, this book is a great way to organize your life. If you are already a very organized person it will give you a few tips. If you need help in this area, this book will be incredible.
Jessica
Even though the timeline and advice is pretty simplistic, the structure was just enough to give me a place to start expanding it.
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Anel
Anel marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Laura added it
Apr 09, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Posh To
Posh To is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
Amina El motere
Amina El motere marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Linda Nguyen
Linda Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Angie
Angie is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2014
Tommie-Ann Ferreira
Tommie-Ann Ferreira marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby
  • The Book of New Family Traditions: How to Create Great Rituals for Holidays and Every Day
  • Above All, Be Kind: Raising a Humane Child in Challenging Times
  • The Eco-nomical Baby Guide: Down-to-Earth Ways for Parents to Save Money and the Planet
  • Baby Play: 100 Fun-Filled Activities to Maximize Your Baby's Potential
  • No Regrets Parenting: Turning Long Days and Short Years into Cherished Moments with Your Kids
  • Raising the Perfect Child Through Guilt and Manipulation
  • Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care
  • Unplugged Play: No Batteries. No Plugs. Pure Fun.
  • Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood
  • Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives
  • How to Get Your Child to Love Reading
  • It's OK Not to Share and Other Renegade Rules for Raising Competent and Compassi
  • Positive Discipline: The First Three Years: From Infant to Toddler--Laying the Foundation for Raising a Capable, Confident Child
  • The Good Mother Myth: Redefining Motherhood to Fit Reality
  • Parenting Without Borders: Surprising Lessons Parents Around the World Can Teach Us
  • Babyproofing Your Marriage: How to Laugh More, Argue Less, and Communicate Better as Your Family Grows
  • The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips & Advice on First-Year Maintenance
Professional Organizer. New York Times best selling author of 9 books. Speaker.
More about Regina Leeds...
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good The 8 Minute Organizer: Easy Solutions to Simplify Your Life in Your Spare Time One Year to an Organized Financial Life: From Your Bills to Your Bank Account, Your Home to Your Retirement, the Week-by-Week Guide to Achieving Financial Peace of Mind One Year to an Organized Work Life: From Your Desk to Your Deadlines, the Week-by-Week Guide to Eliminating Office Stress for Good The Complete Idiot's Guide to Decluttering (Complete Idiot's Guide)