Start by marking “One Year to an Organized Life with Baby: From Pregnancy to Parenthood, the Week-By-Week Guide to Getting Ready for Baby and Keeping Your Fami” as Want to Read:

Bringing a baby into the family is undeniably one of life's most momentous experiences, marked by expectation, joy, and hundreds of tasks and questions. Which baby gear essentials do you need to buy and when? How can you reorganize your home to make room for your baby? When should you start looking for a daycare center or nanny?"One Year to an Organized Life with Baby" pri ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Year to an Organized Life with Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Year to an Organized Life with Baby

Sherry
Useful tips for organizing your home and your life for the impending arrival of a baby and one year beyond. Some chapters were less relevant to my life or covered things that I was already doing. Many chapters did provide food for thought on things that would be coming down the pike. At times there were recommendations to purchase expensive organization gadgets or other services that I think are wholly unnecessary, but overall I did learn something and at least have some ideas about what I'd lik ...more
Jillian
I discovered this book very late in my pregnancy, so I couldn't use it exactly as designed, but I did find it to be a helpful source of organizational motivation and checklists. Most of the advice is predictable but on point. It makes a few interesting assumptions and has the jokey tone I've come to expect (and dread) in so many pregnancy/parenting books, but neither aspect was extreme enough to really turn me off. Overall I would recommend it.
Rachel
Jan 16, 2012 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I picked up this book, I didn't realize that it was written by a professional organizer who would expect that you were as anticlutter(this woman actually takes her coffeemaker in and out of a cabinet every morning) and as capable of spending lots of money on organizational products as her typical clients. So,I was rather disappointed because I was expected it to offer advice that was more practical.
Monica
Mar 20, 2013 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Go from feeling overwhelmed to empowered with the organizational techniques in this book. I have been inspired to start some heavy spring cleaning as a result.
Jan 08, 2017 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is a good idea, if you find it when you are pregnant. It made me feel like I was very behind and wasn't very helpful in catching up. She said that if you are not at the beginning of your pregnancy, you should go to the week you were at and start there while also reading from the beginning. Well, that wasn't very helpful. The author also made me feel bad about some of my choices as a mom. I like more realistic books that encourage moms and say that we as women and mothers need to give o ...more
Sarah Delacueva
Nov 15, 2014 Sarah Delacueva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very useful tips about getting organized before the baby arrives. I liked the week-by-week format with tips and tasks. Since I am already fairly organized, there were definitely things in this book that I had already done or already had systems for. However, since it was my first pregnancy, there were plenty of baby-related tasks that I had never done before and didn't know how to organize. This book was extremely helpful in alerting me to tasks that I hadn't thought of and gave me lots of good ...more
Emily
I got this book free on a Goodreads giveaway, but I had no idea when I entered to win it that it was based on Zen (Buddhist) organization. I'm not into witchcraft nor would I ever desire to open that door of destruction to my unborn baby or my marriage, so I wanted to give anyone looking into this a heads-up that this is the basis for the book.

The author also encourages mind-emptying meditation (very dangerous) and other forms of spirituality that can be ultimately harmful because they open up
Emily Schatz
I read this in quite a bit more than a year, but enjoyed it for the following reasons:
- it's helpful for overwhelmed expectant parents who aren't sure what to do with all the STUFF and information that comes with new babies
- it made me realize I was more organized than I thought
- it covers a lot of housekeeping ideas and things-to-talk-about tips, which for me generated a lot of brainstorming
- it's funny.

Minus one star for relying too heavily on commercial organization products, and minus one st
Danielle
Dec 30, 2014 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up after baby had already arrived so I can't speak to the pregnancy parts. In terms of postpartum I didn't really find anything new or insightful. Most of the tips are common sense. I was looking for cool lifehacks and aha moments but this really is just an overview of things you should be doing and probably are doing in some form or another.
Rebecca
Some parts of this book were so useless but parts were actually very helpful...tips that I hadn't thought of and made note to put them on my "to do before baby arrives" list. Also provided some very helpful tips for postpartum recovery and transition to becoming a mother and going back to work, etc. Got this via the library.
Tara Nash
Jan 24, 2016 Tara Nash rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am already an organized, type A person and this book is definitely not aimed for me. The organization tips are simplistic and most organized people already do the things suggested. I found that the organization of the book itself did not make it easily adaptable for those who wanted to customize the timeline of when things get done within pregnancy.
Karen
I picked this up from the library postpartum, so I only read the latter third of the book. I love this sort of book that sets a focus for each week with some tasks and suggestions on how to be efficient. Right up my alley, so I did do some of the organizing and it was an entertaining read, but didn't change the way I do things.
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The book contained lots of helpful advice and information on what to do and expect when pregnant and when baby comes home. Although not all of the advice was useful for my lifestyle, there was plenty of helpful advice for me!
Mrs. Schonour
Jan 07, 2013 Mrs. Schonour rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thinking ahead to parenting, this book is a great way to organize your life. If you are already a very organized person it will give you a few tips. If you need help in this area, this book will be incredible.
May 25, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pregnancy
Even though the timeline and advice is pretty simplistic, the structure was just enough to give me a place to start expanding it.
Mary Beth
Mary Beth rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2011
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Michal
Michal rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Lorena Paz
Lorena Paz rated it liked it
May 19, 2013
Yana
Yana rated it did not like it
Feb 09, 2012
Jennifer Martin
Jennifer Martin rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Rhiannon Bartlett
Rhiannon Bartlett rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Rea Foster
Rea Foster rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Skylar
Skylar rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Olesya
Olesya rated it it was ok
May 13, 2013
Mary Coleman Ernst
Mary Coleman Ernst rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
clare mclaughlin
clare mclaughlin rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Book of New Family Traditions: How to Create Great Rituals for Holidays and Every Day
  • Digging Out: Helping Your Loved One Manage Clutter, Hoarding, and Compulsive Acquiring
  • Conquering Chronic Disorganization
  • The Get Yourself Organized Project: 21 Steps to Less Mess and Stress
  • The Eco-nomical Baby Guide: Down-to-Earth Ways for Parents to Save Money and the Planet
  • Simply Homeschool: Having Less Clutter and More Joy in Your Homeschool
  • Little House Living: The Make-Your-Own Guide to a Frugal, Simple, and Self-Sufficient Life
  • Make Room for What You Love: Your Essential Guide to Organizing and Simplifying
  • Baby Play: 100 Fun-Filled Activities to Maximize Your Baby's Potential
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • How to Save Money at Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to Cut Spending
  • The Minimalist Woman's Guide to Having It All
  • The Complete Book of Home Organization
  • The Simple Life
  • 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby
  • It's OK to Go Up the Slide: Renegade Rules for Raising Confident and Creative Kids
  • Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care
  • Raising the Perfect Child Through Guilt and Manipulation
Professional Organizer. New York Times best selling author of 9 books. Speaker.
More about Regina Leeds...