Start by marking “Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days: Take Charge of Your Health with the Master Cleanse” as Want to Read:

Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days doesn't sound possible, but most people who have completed the Master Cleanse swear by it.
If you are like most people, you want answers to your increasing health problems, but have less money to spend on gyms, expensive weight loss programs and pills. You want a simple and inexpensive way to regain your energy and
Published January 1st 2011 by Peter Glickman, Inc (first published July 28th 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days

Amy
Sep 27, 2016 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave up on this book right away when I saw how often the author was using Wikipedia for source material. I'm a big fan of fasting, I've tried it before and it worked great. The sysem in this book seems like a horrible plan. I will not be trying it.
Karolina
Feb 03, 2009 Karolina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I recently attempted the Cleanse with mixed outcome. I read this book as a guide through the time I was on it. A little bit past the halfway point and at the time when the Cleanse really didn't make me feel much better, I became very skeptical about this whole program and about the bulletin discussions that were chosen to be published. It seemed very biased and one dimensional. Most of the reviews were very positive and peppy and I was hoping for more objective even reviews.
I lasted on the Clean
Angela
Apr 22, 2008 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: only for people going on the Cleanse
guess i am turning into a true Los Angeles California girl. i loved the Cleanse! while i remain unsure how healthy it actually is for you, i had a very positive experience on the ten days i did the Master Cleanse. i came off it with increased energy, decreased cravings for sugar, meat and dairy and a renewed sense of purpose, focus and bliss. (saying a lot for a gal who usually craves m&m's and thinks too much.)

as for the book, i found it to be somewhat helpful but overall disorganized and p
Natascha
Jimmy
Sep 18, 2007 Jimmy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book. I definitely am not one to fall for some of the loose logic or statements in the book but the idea to me is still tempting. Tempting enough at least to say that I am attempting it now. I'm on going on Day 3 and am not sure if I'll finish the program. Not because I can't, but more because I miss food. I'm not hungry, I just really like food lol.

Edit** Day 3 didn't go as well by nighttime. I had a headache and didn't feel well so I rationalized myself into stopping. I'm glad
helicene
Full of useful information and advice, but very poorly organized and dreadfully repetitive. The Cleanse itself is fine in theory - in practice, I cannot say. I was only able to make it through the first day before I was crippled by a caffeine withdrawal migraine, and with the nausea and vomiting that incurred the risk of severe dehydration was too high to continue. I might try to wean myself off the caffeine and then make another go at it. It certainly did clean me out, and I lost 4 pounds that ...more
Marcie
Sep 23, 2010 Marcie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Regardless of any personal feelings you might have about the Master Cleanse, this book is awful. The Author cut and paste Q&A from his website for 2/3 of the book, which is not very big to begin with. Not only is it incredibly lazy, but it makes the book difficult to read and VERY redundant. If you have your heart set on doing the Master Cleanse, I recommend buying a different book or just getting all the information online as there are several websites dedicated to the subject.
Carol
Mar 01, 2011 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the book, but was unable or unwilling to stretch my fast beyond 9 pm on the first day. Began to wonder if it would throw off my metabolism, was hungry, and there was good food in the fridge as well as hubby was bringing home leftovers from Maggiano's. Am a fan of the lemonade recipe, and use cayenne as much as possible, having learned the benefits of this tasty herb.
Marisa
Nov 30, 2007 Marisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people interested in learning about the Master Cleanse
I think the book is much more helpful than "The Master Cleanser" by Stanley Borroughs, but much of the book is taken from bulletin board postings on the author's website and that gets very tiring. The book provides lots of good information, but could have been much better organized. I would recommend it for those who have interest in doing the Master Cleanse, but would otherwise skip it.
Melissa
Feb 03, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after borrowing it from a friend. A group of us are getting ready to begin the Master Cleanse this March of 2009. It is based strickly off or the original Stanley Burroughs Master Cleanse, but it incorporates testimonials and Q&As from Glickman's online support groups. It is very helpful and I would recommend it for anyone interested in the Master Cleanse
Christina
Jul 12, 2008 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the BEST thing that I have done for my health ever!! I feel fantastic! I finally have my energy back! Plus, it's such a wonderful feeling to know that I set out to do something so worthwhile, yet very challenging and did it!!
Suzanne Van Horn
May 24, 2011 Suzanne Van Horn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Two Thirds of this book is directly transcribed from the message board on the author's website. TWO THIRDS! Don't buy this. I'm not saying not to do the master cleanse but you don't need to own this book to do it. Get it at a library or something and ready the first 50 pages.
Michelle
Sep 16, 2008 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did it, too. But I did it wrong. I wasn't drinking enough of the potion, and I quit a few days earlier. Also gained weight once I started eating again... I advise a different cleanse.
Deborah
Sep 14, 2008 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i did this ten day cleanse and i think it helped my hay fever.... it's a little labor intensive... there are other cleanses i like better
Melissa
I am going to try the cleanse. Although I am not convinced this is totally healthy, I would love to reset my taste and have the clarity of mind at the end of the cleanse.
Andrew
Feb 04, 2012 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, food, own, health
A lazy way to write a book, but it helped me through my first ever cleanse. It answered any questions I had, though the bulletin board section was redundant and a little too long in some parts.
Karli
Feb 03, 2008 Karli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For people interested in doing the Master Cleanse, this book provides a fair contemporization of Stanley Burrough's instructions with additional key points of emphasis.
Mairi
Feb 10, 2013 Mairi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-fitness
A nice addition to the basic Master Cleanse recipe, if you will.

Glickman is full of practical tips and explains what you can expect while on the cleanse.
Maria Solomon
It was so-so. I tried it for 2.5 days then gave in bc I couldn't exercise while fasting. It's a good concept...cleaning out your body but I have no will power for it!
Emily
Apr 09, 2011 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful information when I was preparing to do this particular cleanse the first time around. Skimmed it briefly again a few weeks ago when I did the cleanse a second time.
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2011
Jamie
Jamie rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Susan Hutchinson
Susan Hutchinson rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Anhargis
Anhargis rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Tiyana
Tiyana rated it it was ok
May 02, 2010