Start by marking “Summer Fit First to Second Grade: Prepare First Graders Mentally, Physically and Socially for Second Grade” as Want to Read:

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Summer Fit Activity Books move summer learning beyond academics to also prepare children physically and socially for the grade ahead. Academic exercises are based on Common Core standards and include skills in math, reading, writing, language arts and science. Fitness exercises are designed to jump start the recommended 60 minutes of active play a day that children need to ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Summer Fit Learning

To ask other readers questions about Summer Fit First to Second Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Fit First to Second Grade

Heavensent1
Summer Fit: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School is a workout book combing learning with fitness for children in First to Second Grades.

Summer Fit includes ten weeks of activities for your youngsters to learn and participate in. With skill based operations like reading, math and writing and daily exercise routine, this book is geared towards a healthier, happier lifestyle.

Included are value/life exercises included for which the children to learn by, giving you a bit of history
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This is a great book to keep your kids involved in learning in the summer. I chose to review the First to Second Grade as that is the age of my son right now. The daily assignments are pretty quick to finish and are spot on as to grade level. There is a variety so he doesn't get bored. I like the incentive charts also as that lets him earn some fun rewards. (In his case this might be an evening at the pool or a movie with his sister - but it can also be as easy as a sundae with his choice of top ...more
Mymcbooks
My Review: School is out and the summer holiday has begun. What best way to keep your children active than the Summer Fit Workbooks. The Summer Fit workbooks range from P-K to 5th Grade Levels. The activities and exercises in Summer Fit will take just 20-30 minutes a day to complete. Each day offers a simple and fun routine that reinforces skills not only in reading, math, language arts, and physical fitness plus a weekly core value, but basic history and geography as well.

I have never come acro
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This is a must have for kids and parents over the summer! The book is jam packed with great lessons, exercises, do-it-together activities and so much more! It keeps your child sharp over the summer! My son loves working on the book and seeing what is coming next! Everyday you do a small bit, but you feel like you accomplish something great!!!! I love seeing my children's skill emerging and to watch their progress in the books! I really love these books and rate them 4.5 stars!
April
Perfect combination on educational and physical activities. I received this in the mail unexpectedly and am thrilled with it, as is my daughter. I will be getting the pre-k book for my son. Highly recommend this series!
Rukshana
Rukshana marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Bri
Bri added it
Dec 03, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Teena Richardson
Teena Richardson marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Summer Fit, Grades K-1: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School Summer Fit, Grades 2-3: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School Summer Fit, Preschool to Kindergarten: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School Summer Fit, Grades 3-4: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School Summer Fit, Grades 4-5: Exercises for the Brain and Body While Away from School