Start by marking “Bare Your Soul: The Thinking Girl's Guide to Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Bare Your Soul: The Thinking Girl's Guide to Enlightenment

Bare Your Soul: The Thinking Girl's Guide to Enlightenment

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Whether raised within a specific belief system or warned against all things religious, young women today have been left with questions that dating guides and pop feminist theory cannot answer. This collection answers the call—a handbook for the soul that offers the wisdom and validation of how a variety of women negotiate an empowering spiritual existence in a pop-culture ...more
Published November 4th 2002 by Seal Press (first published October 14th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bare Your Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bare Your Soul

Sam Grace
I love this book. It's one that I turn to for comfort and to feel good about the world and confident about my own ability to make my way in it. A collection of autobiographical essays by women from a variety of backgrounds (ethnic, socio-economic, religious) about coming to terms with what is spiritually right for them. There is no proselytizing, but the message in this thing is as clear as its title.
Kelly
I don't really see this book as a "Guide", as this is a collection of women's individual spiritual jouneys. I really liked the pluralistic view of this book -- all religions and beliefs -- or lack thereof -- was acceptable. Overall, I didn't really relate to any of the stories told until two of the last three, so I'm glad I stuck it out. It was an interesting read, but there's better uses of time.
Erica
A fantasic collection of essays written by young women representing a wide range of beliefs, faiths, what have you. Some of the essays, of course, are better than others, but they all are very heartfelt and really speak to the struggles and experiences of the women who wrote them, as well as the women who read them, I would imagine.
Ariel
Essays regarding individualized perspectives of almost every generalized type of religion or spirituality. It was a very interesting read, and I really enjoyed the focus on the choice inherent to living in any type of spirituality, rather than endorsing any singular idea.
Kara Maia Spencer
Personal essays by diverse women about our individual journey with spirit. I'm excited to have an essay included in this book!
Jenny D.
I really enjoyed the bulk of the essays, great read for someone exploring their own personal faith. Or lack thereof.
Huxley Anne
amazing. really inspiring, calming and offered many new perspectives.
Tanessa
Tanessa marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Brittany Morris
Brittany Morris marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
brokentapedeck
brokentapedeck marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Timmy W
Timmy W marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Amanda Machado
Amanda Machado marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Kati Giblin
Kati Giblin marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
After the Breakup: Women Sort Through the Rubble and Rebuild Lives of New Possibilities 50 Ways to Support Lesbian and Gay Equality: The Complete Guide to Supporting Family, Friends, Neighbors—or Yourself... Talk to Me: Conversation Tips for the Small-Talk Challenged Love Tune-Ups: Fun Ways to Open Your Heart & Make Sparks Fly